Bellazon

General Discussion

Marvin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

you know I love petra.... Its sad, but I must say this:

Petra is more celebrity or philanthropist or someone like this (and Im happy for her) but she is losing her modeling career. I know for petra is more important to help to children and tsunami changed her life but I miss new sexy photos of Petra, new sexy campaigns. Honestly, I hate Ann Taylor ads, petra looks so strangely. la senza ads are sexy but Im going to be allergic to Petra's smile in all latest ads. I love her stunning smile but why is she always smiling in all latest modeling pics? I hate it. only rampage ads are excellent (Y)

and, why is she wearing only looong, shapeless gowns?? she has sexy body, she has curves, why she doesnt show it??

I really miss old petra. I miss petra before the tsunami. she was more sexy, she was more beautiful, she was great model. I want this back. I love Petra, I love her personality, I adore her charity work but tsunami didnt change just her life, it changed everything about petra.

Well, Ve.ro, you got at the crux of the issue didn't you? You may have opened Pandora's box with that post, but I'll add my thoughts. First, and foremost, Petra is an extremely beautiful woman who has enjoyed significant success in her modelling career. By almost any standards, she was at the pinnacle of her modelling career, when her fateful life-changing experience in Indonesia occurred. No doubt, this has changed her life, Ve.ro, in ways hard for us to imagine. Also, Petra, who seems to be a very grounded person, decided to use this experience to benefit others. She is to be applauded for this. However, it has given her another title to add to her previous one: Petra Nemcova, Supermodel AND Tsunami Survivor!! The national press and especially the media went crazy for her story and she was all over the news. Can you imagine how many other compelling tsunami-surviving stories there must have been? But, how many of them had a beautiful SUPERMODEL in them!! Now, that's newsworthy! She subsequently wrote a book and started a philanthropic foundation. This foundation NEEDS lots and lots of money in the form of donations to sustain its mission, and who wants to donate large sums to a faceless, anonymous organization, however well-intentioned? Nobody! Petra is smart enough to know that people with that kind of money will donate to organizations that are perceived to be influential and make a difference and that are SEEN! This is why she needs to be photographed with every diplomat, celebrity and influential person she can. For her organization, modelling, may have been a help to get it started, but it will take CREDIBILITY to sustain it. So, Ve.ro, I too miss the sexy, sultry Petra. But those were the days when Petra was focused on being a model, and she did everything from swimsuits to pantsuits. The NEW Petra might find it difficult to lead a multinational relief agency, with relationships with multiple foreign governments while spread out on a billboard in her undies! I doubt Petra will ever sever her ties with the modelling world, but as she evolves further as a philanthropist she will likely rely less on it. Seems she is also involved with real estate in Manhattan, as well, which says a lot about the direction she is going. I think we should enjoy what she accomplished in modelling and appreciate what she is tying to accomplish with her life now. I think she will be successful in whatever she puts her mind to.

Well, Ve.ro, you got at the crux of the issue didn't you? You may have opened Pandora's box with that post, but I'll add my thoughts. First, and foremost, Petra is an extremely beautiful woman who has enjoyed significant success in her modelling career. By almost any standards, she was at the pinnacle of her modelling career, when her fateful life-changing experience in Indonesia occurred. No doubt, this has changed her life, Ve.ro, in ways hard for us to imagine. Also, Petra, who seems to be a very grounded person, decided to use this experience to benefit others. She is to be applauded for this. However, it has given her another title to add to her previous one: Petra Nemcova, Supermodel AND Tsunami Survivor!! The national press and especially the media went crazy for her story and she was all over the news. Can you imagine how many other compelling tsunami-surviving stories there must have been? But, how many of them had a beautiful SUPERMODEL in them!! Now, that's newsworthy! She subsequently wrote a book and started a philanthropic foundation. This foundation NEEDS lots and lots of money in the form of donations to sustain its mission, and who wants to donate large sums to a faceless, anonymous organization, however well-intentioned? Nobody! Petra is smart enough to know that people with that kind of money will donate to organizations that are perceived to be influential and make a difference and that are SEEN! This is why she needs to be photographed with every diplomat, celebrity and influential person she can. For her organization, modelling, may have been a help to get it started, but it will take CREDIBILITY to sustain it. So, Ve.ro, I too miss the sexy, sultry Petra. But those were the days when Petra was focused on being a model, and she did everything from swimsuits to pantsuits. The NEW Petra might find it difficult to lead a multinational relief agency, with relationships with multiple foreign governments while spread out on a billboard in her undies! I doubt Petra will ever sever her ties with the modelling world, but as she evolves further as a philanthropist she will likely rely less on it. Seems she is also involved with real estate in Manhattan, as well, which says a lot about the direction she is going. I think we should enjoy what she accomplished in modelling and appreciate what she is tying to accomplish with her life now. I think she will be successful in whatever she puts her mind to.

I DO applaud you, Samiot!

I share the same opinion, but I in the heart of many there is the "good old" Petra. To cope with that and to please them, I got the idea of a special post of the YOUNG Petra full of HQ candids and sorted (!) editorials. If we pool togehter all of our founds, this might be a very extraodinary tribute to Petra - today and in the past.

Do you all want to?

Yes, I admire her for being such philanthropist and all and I adore her, but I can't see her now like supermodel or even a model :(

We always repeat her old editorials and campaignes :(

And I feel bad when people on this forum "want to remove" her subforum and put her with other models (and some of them are much more in the business than she is) cause they're objectively right. :(

To cope with that and to please them, I got the idea of a special post of the YOUNG Petra full of HQ candids and sorted (!) editorials. If we pool togehter all of our founds, this might be a very extraodinary tribute to Petra - today and in the past.

Do you all want to?

good idea (Y)

Yes, I admire her for being such philanthropist and all and I adore her, but I can't see her now like supermodel or even a model :(

We always repeat her old editorials and campaignes :(

And I feel bad when people on this forum "want to remove" her subforum and put her with other models (and some of them are much more in the business than she is) cause they're objectively right. :(

oh no!!!! Petra deserves this subforum!!

:cry:

• 2 weeks later...