Bellazon

Ivanka Trump
Thumbnail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ivanka Trump’s Diamond Philosophy: “The Bigger the Better”

What girl doesn’t love diamonds? For jewelry designer and heiress Ivanka Trump, her love affair with the gems started early. “The first important piece of jewelry I ever got was a diamond necklace my mom gave me from her collection when I turned 21,” Ivanka tells InStyle in their October issue. “Part of our bonding as I grew up was watching her accessorize for a night out.” So the decision to design jewelry was a natural one, says Ivanka: “Clothing has less of an immediate appeal to me. Jewelry is more than an accessory. In fact, a dress is an accessory to the jewelry,” she continues. This philosophy is evident in the way the diamond designer keeps her clothing classic and conservative. “I’m not afraid to be over-the-top with jewels. As far as diamonds go, the bigger the better,” she says. And though she likes her diamonds big — fiance Jared Kushner proposed to her with a 5-carat stunner he designed himself– Ivanka cautions against accessorizing with too many jewels at once. “I also don’t believe that layering creates the look. It’s not about how many jewels you can wear at once.” Get more tips on accessorizing with diamonds from Ivanka as well as a glimpse into her personal collection of baubles in the October issue of InStyle– on newsstands now.

• 4 weeks later...

Ivanka Trump gets married in lavish ceremony

She ties the knot with Jared Kushner at the Trump National Golf Club

Ivanka Trump wed Jared Kushner, publisher of the New York Observer, in a ceremony at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., on Sunday.

She walked down the aisle in a Vera Wang gown inspired by Grace Kelly, before celebrating with her new husband, her father Donald Trump and more than 500 guests, including Regis Philbin, who was called on to sing at the reception planned by celebrity event designer Preston Bailey.

The bride was looking forward to "dancing like a maniac with all of my friends," according to a recent post to her Twitter account. Trump, 27, who got engaged on July 15, told Brides.com, "I always envisioned myself having a traditional and elegant wedding." Perhaps to work out some of those pre-wedding jitters, the bride got a little exercise before the ceremony. "Just finished a gorgeous hike. The leaves are spectacular and the sun is shining," she posted Sunday to Twitter. "Everything is simply perfect! I'm getting married today!"

algweddingjaredkushneri.jpg

NYDailyNews.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...