Bellazon

Gigi Hadid
Thumbnail

sarnic

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Just because someone's an adult doesn't mean that bullying should be OK. Melania is going to be just fine, I imagine she has developed thick skin by now but it doesn't mean mocking her should be something people should give Gigi a pat on the back.

Melania Trump is a First Lady-to-be, there should be some level of class and respect directed towards her. Especially since she didn't sign up for any of this, her husband pulled his entire family into politics.

I mean Bushes, Clintons, Obamas had all been picked on. People mock them and their different accents all the time. I don't know why all of a sudden it's such a big deal? Just because they have American accents it's ok to mock but Melania has a European accent so she's not fair game? I'm really over this PC shit. I do Asian lady nail salon accent in jest all the time? Is it stereotypical, yes. I don't think it's racist. People around me have mocked Arabic accents and I'm Arabic and I find it funny. People are way too touchy.

I do agree that there should be respect to the First Lady. But it's really just a joke. SNL do this all the time but they don't get overly attacked.

Just now, frenchkiki said:

Yes she is an adult but she also can be sad about what people say about her. That being said, she wasn't bullying by Gigi. She even did not make fun of her accent but of the woman "stealing" Michelle O speech.

How can you make an impersonation of Melania with out the accent? It wasn't funny but saying (not you) it was racist is beyond bull shit.

And it's going to be very hard to have "some level of class" when it comes to this family. I don't mind Melania tho.

Her face give me the creeps but I have nothing against the woman.

Michelle Obama was insulted in so many disgusting ways in 8 years :/-ape in high hells- was the last insult on twitter/

Melania is just at the beginning of a long list of real mockeries and insults. < and i am not saying it's a good/normal thing.

The hashtag "rape Melania" was revolting.

I agree with everything you wrote but just to add, I don't think Mrs Obama was mocked by any TV network, this was ABC, it's a bit bigger than some random stuff on social media.

But I get it, a lot of media in the US is pro-left, you could see it during and especially post-election.

And yeah, that Melania's speech was blatant forgery, even though I doubt she chose it. My thinking about it is that Trump's team knew Melania isn't a good speaker and in order to prevent people analyzing her speech they intentionally ripped Michelle's so everyone concentrated on that. In the end, Trumps ended up profiting from it.

It's a big deal because people want it to be a big deal on social medias and on her topic. People make fun of my accent too. And in USA most Americans are super rude with people with an accent. How many time I had a "what" shout at my face because someone did not understand how i pronounced a word. My American friends are telling me my accent is fine and perfectly understandable and sexy -as Kevork said "stereotypical"- but I still have people looking at me like I coming from another planet when I talk English in the US.

1 minute ago, Schemer said:

I agree with everything you wrote but just to add, I don't think Mrs Obama was mocked by any TV network, this was ABC, it's a bit bigger than some random stuff on social media.

But I get it, a lot of media in the US is pro-left, you could see it during and especially post-election.

And yeah, that Melania's speech was blatant forgery, even though I doubt she chose it. My thinking about it is that Trump's team knew Melania isn't a good speaker and in order to prevent people analyzing her speech they intentionally ripped Michelle's so everyone concentrated on that. In the end, Trumps ended up profiting from it.

It's true she wasn't mocked by any big tv network or even by celebrities.

I agree for the Melania/Michelle speech.

It's just sad  a future first lady doesn't have the idea to educate herself and make her own research about the words she is going to say.

It's also super hard for me to write in English and find the right words but I try! Her English is good tho.

Just now, frenchkiki said:

It's just sad  a future first lady doesn't have the idea to educate herself and make her own research about the words she is going to say.

It's also super hard for me to write in English and find the right words but I try! Her English is good tho.

It's telling how much she has a say in all of this. None at all. Hell, Donald prefers to have Ivanka with him in important talks.

Ivanka is going to be kinda a low-key First Lady (yes I understand that sounds creepy).

On 22/11/2016 at 3:48 PM, elfstone said:

Any reference to trump can be misleading, cause its not about Trumps racism vs Someone else's. Point is, When did mocking accents  become racism??? :O_O:

When liberals and sjws decided breathing in the wrong direction was racist. :wink:

Anyway I thought it was inappropriate, but also on point :laugh: she got the face and voice down perfectly, she must have practised in the mirror a few times. 

On 22/11/2016 at 10:29 PM, NotYourBabe said:

That "joke" was most cruel idea of the organizers. Not Melania, but Gigi herself became a joke. A daughter of two immigrants scoffing about an immigrant... How dumb is that. Hope, her Jordanian papa had her butt whipped that evening. Moreover, who is M.Hadid himself? A mini copy of Trump: a rich developer, lover of young bodies. The situation is so dumb, undescribable. Every time a model sticks her nose outside a runway - it becomes a catastrophy. They should really keep their tiny brains doing their modelling jobs and nothing else.

lol harsh, but fair

To me, Gigi wasn't making fun of Melania's accent or the fact that she's an immigrant. She was doing an impersonation and in order to do a proper impersonation of someone, you imitate their speech patterns, facial expressions and tone inflection. It's something that's been done to celebrities and political figures for many years, and it comes with the territory. Although I do think there's a certain irony in so many people having such a big problem with political correctness, then demanding apologies from anyone who dares to make fun of Trump and co.

On a tangentially related note, I'd like to take a brief moment to appreciate how lovely Gigi's handwriting is. :chicken: