Bellazon

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt plus its Expansions

Cult Icon

On 3/24/2020 at 7:31 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Blood and Wine's music is a mixture of French folk music, medieval French music and fantasy. The melodies are refined but not very complex per se. What's complex and what gives flavor to the music is how the use a large number of different instruments, voices, sometimes simple melodies, then polyphonies, rhythm changes, etc.

They invested a lot of money on the soundtrack and it pays!

Most of the general/ambience tracks (in all games) are soft. From what I remember, the don't use drums, except for battle themes, which all have drums (with no exception from what I recall).

The Hearts of Stone soundtrack has a mystical aura and it's really brilliant too.

I find B & W soundtrack to be more optimistic and it really channels the wonder of mother nature that I can really relate to.    there were a couple stressful months that I frequently listened to it just to help me unwind.

Witcher 3 soundtrack is the most depressing and action-oriented one.  I like the Novigrad theme.  The Viking stuff is great.  

I agree, H & S has the most mystical aura about it.

In a few weeks I will watch the show and revisit the game/music  to see what's it like to experience it again.

In retrospect I believe that the appeal of Witcher to men is how it very much draws one into a world that we crave but don't really have anything near enough of.

True freedom, honor, virtue, romance, adventure, enlightenment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.dualshockers.com/the-witcher-4-focuses-on-ciris/

During an interview, the lead writer talks about how they are considering having Witcher 4 having Ciri  in the next game.

"I regret we didn’t get to explore Ciri’s past a bit more. She’s such an amazingly rich and complex character.
Due to obvious reasons – well, she’s pretty much gone for two-thirds of the game – she didn’t get quite as much screen time as we writers would have liked. But hey, maybe it’s something we’ll get to get back to in the future."

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 9:52 PM, Cult Icon said:

TBH I found him rather...unmemorable?  I don't remember much about him from Witcher 2 and his missions in Witcher 3

do you like him?

Yeah, I like him. He's not the best characters, but he's quite interesting (particularly in the Witcher 2). Him, Iorveth and Roche are all pretty good characters in W2.

I think he really fits the description of the typical witcher: detached. The opening scene in the Witcher 2 with him is real good. It's crude and brutal. It leaves you with many questions and a powerful character.

Also, CD Projekt manages to let you somehow like this character in the witcher 2 even if he looks like the villain in the intro (something that Naughty Dog miserably failed at)

On 7/22/2020 at 5:41 PM, Enrico_sw said:

Yeah, I like him. He's not the best characters, but he's quite interesting (particularly in the Witcher 2). Him, Iorveth and Roche are all pretty good characters in W2.

I think he really fits the description of the typical witcher: detached. The opening scene in the Witcher 2 with him is real good. It's crude and brutal. It leaves you with many questions and a powerful character.

Also, CD Projekt manages to let you somehow like this character in the witcher 2 even if he looks like the villain in the intro (something that Naughty Dog miserably failed at)

His mission in Witcher 3 was pretty good.  I also recall that there was another witcher encountered by Geralt in Witcher 3.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...