Bellazon

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt plus its Expansions

Cult Icon

• 1 month later...

Some good channels I've been using for the Witcher.  Give this a chance guys- it's amazing:

Mr. Odd's channel is over 100 hours long for a 'comprehensive' look into the game and its environments.  He does do commentary but it's not annoying.   The strength of his run-through is his thoroughness in exploring the details and the good graphics provided by his PC & recording device.  However, he misses large portions of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj_Goi54wf0fQPWB_hjgmd3i1yIXeLXHI

Fluffy's channel has a highly edited and organized run-through of the game.  It's the short version.  No commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrYsj_Il7VSukkIC-U8S4luA04pWpBjpg

Letal's channel has several, highly edited playlists that go through most of the storytelling and neatly organizes the situations.  It cuts right to the chase and is what I first viewed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XLetalis/playlists?view=1&sort=dd

And this one appears to the best for a main story run-through although the secondary quests are mostly missing (100%, good quality recording, no commentary):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtNjbM6SrnmJLjkFf0FVMTmxIiVNqYDLP

=======================================================

Good screenshots I've found (not mine, by another)

jCghmzR2.jpg 7js7gJCj.gif 7qye5Fyb.jpg cFrslYFT.png fbAoAUse.gif vWtpP62b.jpg 2WqBYEfW.jpg GrWef1W9.jpg SyIlxlDc.jpg BYsr0t8m.jpg VaFharqa.jpg AaqqbHxT.jpg GWBWzTaJ.jpg pyXZH3Rm.jpg MiLCC8dk.jpg 0uJ0hG49.jpg tHTIUSpL.jpg RkdFmi3v.jpg 8M5eykWY.jpg hLmq6dWl.jpg PlUwHeX0.jpg BgvIQLVL.jpg H984gomY.jpg BFjO0pan.jpg M6a5w28g.jpg IVps3oL5.jpg PmTDAGQW.jpg s1gnqiEe.jpg KD9fDs9C.jpg JH1OyROB.jpg YQ4OLuC4.jpg 7aLWFjMu.jpg k8vgustL.gif BpM6mPvR.gif bdFWCB90.jpg C4dTcKjf.jpg ztc5nTAy.png myaFGaij.png wFMp84s4.png dhHaPQPm.png 6AwWN8iN.png EVfiL9zK.png ofdISQKf.jpghpAankYI.jpg 4q3bLgPt.jpg AhEDM5Vl.jpg FKTizlIx.jpg 65fRnXtO.jpg 2MyXw24j.jpg

Music and design.  The countryside and swamps are inspired by slavic images and music as this: 

Some of my favorites from the game.  The entire soundtrack is good (35 official, up to around a 100 in the game) and is used skillfully throughout- which is a rare thing indeed for movies, let alone games:

The entire soundtrack for Expansion #1 was great.  

The First two screenshots of the coming expansion (1Q or 2Q 2016) "Blood and Wine"

What is supposed to come are the third city (albeit small from what is shown here), vineyards, mountains and mountain passes.  A 20 hour story.

zeZaAXu6.png LxO1ozT5.png

===

More SNs:

RyXBZmbG.jpg qJuwzfk3.jpg k18caSOV.jpg IVzg3sko.jpg CroQXW4K.jpg 6UxAoXsk.jpg YZjSfzYc.jpg Z5nMK2tG.jpg ozppEQze.jpg yDSdsbCp.jpg oalCT3CF.jpg QCITL96f.jpg Vh1njM5S.jpg 2ea3Udik.jpg bxi4mJlY.jpg SwqV9FMJ.jpg f2cyqI1w.jpg ozOQRXul.jpg ithBqtoq.jpg BECWM8Fg.jpg zha2s38n.jpg emz1nTAF.png MLIMgDkq.jpg 1IOnwzAz.jpg gdF9HvCT.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Cult Icon  I've just started playing this game. Pretty good, so far. The graphics are feeling a bit old now (compared to other open worlds like RDR2), but still very good. The story seems good (though it's only the beginning).

I'll see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

@Cult Icon  I've just started playing this game. Pretty good, so far. The graphics are feeling a bit old now (compared to other open worlds like RDR2), but still very good. The story seems good (though it's only the beginning).

I'll see how it goes.

ahaha, nice.  The game is extraordinarily long, with the cutscenes alone being around 18 hours (the two expansions add around 9 hours together, and each expansion is the length of a typical AAA game).  friends have given me an account of 200 hours plus hours played

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the things that I would reproach them is that there's a limited number of faces for the NPC. It happened to me that I meet a NPC, then a couple of minutes later I meet another NPC (completely unrelated), but he has the same face (with very few changes like the beard).

Same for the voices of the NPCs. It rarely happens in other games (maybe because there are a lot of NPCs in this game:idk:)

On 6/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, Enrico_sw said:

^ This game is awesome!

The storyline is real good. The characters, their voices and the different ways they use to express themselves (languages, accents, verbal tics, etc.) are beyond great!

What do you think of their biggest decision- to make Geralt monotone?  In the book lore, there is a explanation for this however in the game it looks like a "trick" they used to make Geralt a more neutral protagonist and less of the deeply tired, sarcastic, and cynical man he is.