Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Great news, Roxee! (The first link works for me.... but not the second one). I'm glad to know she's going back to Turkish. Bar was so beautiful during the Fashionable Istambul Event in October 2009! Being their spokesperson must have been such a great experience! So it looks like she's going to be busy for the next couple of weeks: Istambul, New York, Mexico! :)

Thanks Pink and Fashiondream for the links to the Bar/Leo vacation. There is one of the pictures showing Bar falling while water skiing where she looks so happy and natural! She looks so great! And Spetses sounds like a wonderful place to visit. I remember we had nice adorable pictures of the two when they traveled to Greece four years ago. Well, I'm glad to know she had a pleasant and relaxing time with her man in Europe for her summer 2010. :heart:

But like others, I don't think DiCaprio's comments on marriage come from an authentic interview. I searched and the last published interview he actually gave was for Rollling Stone and this is not exactly what he said regarding settling down.

emily, thanks for the candid pictures! :wave:

...btw, Pink, I don't think the "the big thing" she was refering to in that interview, had anything to do with Sports Illustrated. It was something else. I'm also curious. :)

...btw, Pink, I don't think the "the big thing" she was refering to in that interview, had anything to do with Sports Illustrated. It was something else. I'm also curious. :)

I'm sorry Kerry Lynn! I thought it was SI cause someone sent here something about SI and Asia a while ago....I'm so curious !!!! Thanks Kery Lynn!

I'm sure her guy had a big influence on this but I was impressed when I read this- go Bar!

http://www.evwind.es/noticias.php?id_not=7010

Bar Refaeli’s special report on Better Place & why you should drive electric

20 de agosto de 2010

I exit the Better Place center in Pi Glilot excited, thrilled, full of ambition and energy.

Bar Refaeli’s special report on Better Place & why you should drive electric

Great, well, those who read this right now probably have no idea what I’m talking about, since this project is mostly mentioned in business magazines, and the truth is that my generation prefers to read magazines that are focused on a younger audience, dealing with simpler issues.

The reason I decided to write this article is that I believe wholeheartedly in the project that I’ll describe in more depth soon, and I really do think that a significant part of its ultimate success will be dependent on our generation – the younger generation that will define at the end of the day how the world will look tomorrow and the coming years. In short, if you care, keep reading. And if you don’t care, read it and you’ll start caring.

Running on empty

One Tel Avivi evening, in July, I met up at the neighborhood bar with a few friends that came from the United States to Israel for a month. Young guys, assertive, entrepreneurial and caring, that started together a group that is called “Smart Series,” which connects young brains and encourages the younger generations to succeed in life in general, and in business in particular. At first, they struck me like a typical bunch of guys who came to Tel Aviv to party and enjoy themselves. When I asked them what impressed them most during their visit to the Holy Land, their answer was “Shai Agassi” (not before they admitted they’d like to live here, since “there’s no place in the world like Tel Aviv.”) The answer surprised me. I didn’t understand how they would have known the name, and even more so I couldn’t understand how they ended up getting to meet him in the first place.

For myself, I first learned of Shai Agassi completely accidentally. One day I was hanging out at a girlfriend’s place, bored, and after I read all the newspaper I had nothing left but the business section. I ran across an article about Agassi, and when I read it I was surprised to read that it speaks of an Israeli success story of a young man with an ambition to change the world. The article described Agassi as being part of a tiny minority of people who can actually turn dreams into reality. He founded Better Place out of a goal to turn Israel into a country that is independent of oil (and along the way lead to similar efforts elsewhere, of course), by building the network infrastructure that enables electric vehicles.

I did a bit of research with my friends and found out most of my friends weren’t aware of the problems oil poses to the world. First of all, oil is one of the greatest pollutants in the world. The oil we find today (or, more accurately, drill deep into the Earth to find it) has been there for millions of years, but the truth is that we may use up all we have very soon – and that will be a very big problem. Why? Because today we use oil (and its derivatives) to make almost everything – let alone the masses of oil required by the drilling machines we run to find more oil. Oil today is responsible for 35% of air pollution; of that, 25% comes from cars that are perpetually polluting the air we all breathe—leading to sickness and death.

As the world population grows (and it’s growing at the rhythm of the samba), it uses more and more energy that originates in oil and is warming up the Earth faster and faster. Some of the results include melting glaciers, hurricanes, floods, and damage to agriculture, flora, and fauna. Remember Hurricane Katrina? Then you’re starting to get it.

Another anticipated effect of global warming is rising sea levels—pay attention all of you who are dreaming of one day living on the sea. Yet another problem: most of the oil originates in the Middle East, and no, not in Israel. That means that Israel is dependent mostly on historically unfriendly countries for our own oil. And we’re not just dependent on them – we’re funding them. That means that if we aren’t so dependent on oil, we won’t be so dependent on them and we could, perhaps, open a new door for peace. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Heal the world

Ok, let’s get back to our story. Those friends of mine at the bar made the introduction to Shai, who was kind enough to host me at his center. I got there, curious, little-knowing, and left full of knowledge and ambition. Shai started the visit with the phrase, “You just came to the last gas station.” There’s a reason why the center was built at Pi Glilot, one of the round storage tanks that we all have seen used to store gasoline for Israel. Today it is used to explain how the electric car is going to work, running on electric batteries that need zero oil. Yes, zero.

After a short conversation with Shai I got in the car to check it out. At first, I thought that the car didn’t work, since nothing seemed to happen when I I turned it on. And then Shai explained to me, smiling, that electric cars make no noise. And beyond that – I can program it so it sounds like a Lamborghini. We started driving. Shai told me to press the acceleration all the way, but since my mom was in the back seat (although my mom is one of the smartest women I know, I felt she too needs a bit of education on the environment) it was a bit of a problem. I decided to just trust him when he says the car goes 0-100km/h in 8 seconds.

I won’t try to sell you the car and say that driving it is smooth, stable, and extremely high quality, because I don’t sell cars (at least, not yet). What I will say is that afterwards I did watch the short movie that poses the problem, offers the solution, and explains the infrastructure built by the company that will make it…you guessed it, a better place.

The movie was simple, clear, and more than anything got me anxious and worried. It seems that’s the feeling you get when you know something big is approaching.

The electric vehicle already exists in the world. This invention is not the car itself. The innovation is the holistic solution that the infrastructure offers. I would call it the “recycling bin effect.”

I remember since I was little I always asked my mom why she doesn’t recycle. When I started spending a lot of time outside Israel and I learned more, it started bothering me more – and her answer wasn’t logical: she didn’t recycle because she didn’t know where. After all, she won’t drive around with plastic bottles in her trunk for months until she spots a recycling bin.

Today she recycles everything, from paper and aluminum cans to all sorts of plastic. I would be happy to take credit and say that it’s because I was such a pest, but no. The reason is simple: there are recycling bins on every corner, period.

Agassi’s project is similar in some respects. Electric cars will charge using a short cable, from outlet to car, just like you charge your phone. The same charge points will be underneath or outside your home, at your work, and also – just like recycling bins – in cities, parking lots, shopping malls, etc. The moment charge points are widely accessible, driving all the way to the gas station to fill up won’t seem so easy.

If I was clear enough so far, and I got you interested for real, I’m sure you’ll start asking questions like, “How much time is the battery good for?” “What would happen when you have to go far?” or “How long does it take to fill up from empty?” For all those there are answers, and they’re all easily accessible, smart, interesting, and efficient. But I won’t tell it here, because what I want to do here at the end of the day is to get you to go see it yourself, since there’s nothing like seeing it with your own eyes. I suggest all of you take the initiative and go check out the short tour of the Center. Before the revolution can happen more widely, it must first happen with us, in our minds and in our souls. It’s important to learn more about the topic, to understand and to advance toward a significant change, and it is our responsibility to take part in it.

Now it’s your turn

Like I said, I’m full of energy to help this project since it will help all of us – me, you, and all coming generations. The idea is not mine, the realization definitely not mine, but since I have the opportunity to have this voice, I am working hard to get the message to the right places. That’s why I wrote this special report. I want to use my voice and invite you to pass it on. We all have influence here or there, small or big, and any influence is welcome. Someone very smart (my mother, Tzipi Refaeli) told me once, “If you give, you get back double.”

When I was little I thought if I gave away one bag of Bamba, she’d buy me two more. When I grew up, I realized she meant a different type of giving. From the love I give to my friends I feel that I get back the whole world and more. From giving to those who have less I feel even better, because I get back so much more. From giving back to the environment, and from the very fact that I share this story with everyone I meet… well, just go there yourselves and you’ll understand how I feel.

www.betterplace.com/

What a great article! Thanks solange for sharing it.:wave: I knew when iernergy posted something about that last week from an Israeli website that it sounded interesting. Well, I'm iimpressed as it is really well written and very well reported. Looks like Bar has discovered a new passion.... under her man's influence, perhaps... ;) There are great pics of her at the link on the bottom you posted, solange. We recognize her brother On next to her.

Very cool. Thanks again.

very good for Bar for working with better place and promote the electonic car

and today it was written that Bar is going with digital cemara with her to

every place for a new tv show in Israel

also what about getting merried to Leo ? I am starting to worry...

I want to play a new game- 10 things you like about Bar and 10 things you do not:

Who wants to be first?

Some old photos... :laugh:

post-38223-1282334454_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334556_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334583_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334693_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334750_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334826_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334851_thumb.jpg

post-38223-1282334887_thumb.jpg

Im sure Emily Losca is a big friend of barr.She always sand Privet pics of herrr. Anyway,bar legs is beautiful but make me fun.She looks as little fat pig.

Thanks ienergy for the link :wave:

5-wa.jpg

6-wa.jpg

Why you say little :wave:

You know, Bar's mother, Zipi also was a model but today she is also a bit big (nothing persnal)

also as Bar not modeling anymore and going from cafe to shopping so nothing else todo than eating...

if she at least had a big company to work for with a challage it would be good