Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Refaeli set to host Iconic travel special on Bravo

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

October 01, 2008 01:00

Bar Refaeli has a sweet spot for destinations that feed her sugar habit. The Israeli model picked the Necco candy factory near Boston and New York’s Serendipity restaurant —home of the frozen hot chocolate — as two of her favourite places on a long, winding road trip of the U.S.

Refaeli’s trip, taken with poet Rives (of HBO’s Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry), was documented for the Bravo TV special Ironic Iconic America, debuting Oct. 3.

Their road map was inspired by the coffee-table book Iconic America: A Roller Coaster Ride Through The Eye-Popping Panorama of American Pop Culture, a collaboration between fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger and art director George Lois published by Universe last year.

Refaeli, 23, has the young, wide eyes to experience places and things that Americans might be more blase about. Sites on their tour include the American Museum of Natural History in New York, cheesesteak places in Philadelphia and the architectural case-study home known as the Eames House in Pacific Palisades, Calif.

The first time the Sports Illustrated swimsuit model visited the U.S. was when she was 16 for a family vacation. Now she splits her time between Israel and Los Angeles, a place she has come to love. “From the first time I landed there, I fell in love with it. She described her favourite spots in “Iconic America” in an e-mail to the AP:

• The Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas. On the show, Refaeli is part of a staged “quickie wedding.”

“I have been to Vegas many times but never seen that side of it. Growing up hearing about it,.. It is pretty amazing to see this city full of light and people.”

• Serendipity in Manhattan. Refaeli says she was surprised she hadn’t heard of this restaurant before since it’s sort of an oasis for shoppers on the Upper East Side.

“The beat in NY is very fast and there is always not enough time to see everything, but then Rives took me to this cute little place, where the vibe is so calm and peaceful. There are a lot of amazing desserts.”

http://www.metronews.ca/edmonton/Live/article/119873

Leo and Bar sighting

Caught in the Act!

• Fickle flames, Leonardo DiCaprio and Bar Refaeli seem to be back on – for now – as they enjoyed a lunch with friends at the Beverly Hills Hotel's Polo Lounge. Sitting in a corner booth, an onlooker says the two "looked really couple-y."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20230173,00.html

Leo and Bar sighting

Caught in the Act!

• Fickle flames, Leonardo DiCaprio and Bar Refaeli seem to be back on – for now – as they enjoyed a lunch with friends at the Beverly Hills Hotel's Polo Lounge. Sitting in a corner booth, an onlooker says the two "looked really couple-y."

Leo and Bar sighting

Caught in the Act!

Leo and Bar sighting

Caught in the Act!

Yay!! I knew they were fine. :') So happy to read this.

french, honey, say you are right that Leo ALWAYS looks unhappy when he is with Bar. Answer me this : then why oh why is he still with her? He doesn't have to be with anyone he is unhappy with. There are literally millions of beautiful women who he could pick. Yet he picks Bar. Someone you say makes him unhappy. Does that make any SENSE whatsoever????

I am really looking forward to seeing Bar on BRAVO tomorrow. I saw an interview on CNN today with her, Hilfiger and her cohost - she looked gorgeous, and Tommy Hilfiger said he chose her to be on the special because she was beautiful AND intelligent.