Bellazon

OMG FACTS

jj3

Dear Youths of the World who text and drive, or apply makeup while driving.

Stop being stupid. Your text messages are not more important then your life, or the lifes of other people on the road. You can wait till you get someplace safe before you read them.

Sincerely -

The World

^ :ninja: I was watching a TV program on this very topic and the rate of deaths among our youth who were involved in accidents connected to phone use was higher then those who were driving while intoxicated :pinch: So to those who argue on harsher fines for phone use while driving need to see the numbers and rates of death for doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Why this picture from Brazil's subway system isn't what it seems

Odyo84Ni.jpg

This picture taken by a Brazilian commuter in Rio de Janeiro and posted on his Facebook page isn't what it seems.
And you wouldn't know from the opening lines of his rant underneath either.
Nelson Felippe started off: "I'm not prejudiced. I think people should do whatever they want to with their lives.
"But I think it's absurd that I should be forced to witness a scene like this. What people do in private is their business, but what they do in public concerns me, and I refuse to see a scene like this and consider it normal."
Now many people would probably assume that he was having a go at the two women embracing on the platform in front of him.
He says he was actually talking about was a man in the background who had his foot over the yellow line.
The post has had more than 16,000 likes since being posted on Tuesday.

JziOsHM0.jpg

He ends by saying people should actually follow the example of the two women at the front of the photo instead of the man at the back.
"They're challenging social conventions, and that can be dangerous. What if some tragedy strikes, or worse, if someone dies, who's to blame?
"What would happen to a child who sees this scene every day? Kids will think it's normal to wait for the subway on the yellow line. So, don't act like that guy over there. Follow the example of the girls."

World's weirdest X-rays

A man with a pair of scissors sticking out of his head stunned hospital staff when he walked into A&E and politely asked if they could help him. Blood-soaked Jonas Acevedo Monroy, 32, nicknamed The Gentleman because of his good manners, had been in his local bar in the city of Chihuahua in north-western Mexico, when he was set upon by a jealous rival. A friend claims: 'Jonas was being charming with everyone in the bar when one of the locals took umbrage. He came over and started trying to wind Jonas up, but when that didn’t work he started getting abusive and aggressive. Jonas offered to buy the man a drink but the guy pulled out a pair of scissors from his jacket and stabbed him in the head.As green-eyed thug Miguel Angel Rodriguez Armendariz, 30, fled, Monroy was helped to the car by the friend, who drove him to the nearby hospital. A hospital spokesman said: 'At first we thought it was some sort of joke, but then he fainted and we rushed him into emergency. He had been stabbed in the upper-left side of his skull and the scissors had penetrated his parietal brain lobe. He is lucky to be alive.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/10739022/Worlds-weirdest-X-rays.html?frame=3170614