Bellazon

Karlie Kloss
Thumbnail

jenibelle

A Leg Up: Karlie Kloss's Extra-Long Jeans Collaboration with FRAME Denim

For every longstanding Kate Moss for Topshop partnership (where dresses have sold out within two hours online), or Elle Macpherson Intimates label (which has garnered a clutch of entrepreneurial awards), there’s been a blink-and-you-miss-it Abbey Lee Kershaw capsule for ManiaMania or Jessica Stam collection for Rag & Bone. Models successfully moonlighting as designers may not be anything new, but Karlie Kloss insists she wasn’t jumping on any bandwagon with her FRAME Denim Forever Karlie jeans collaboration with friends Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson. Rather her first move into design, for which she’s cocreated two excessively long jeans styles—flared and skinny in light and dark washes, each with 40-inch inseams—was born out of necessity, not ambition. “I’m freakishly tall, so finding pants that fit is something I’ve struggled with my whole life,” bemoans the gazelle-like six-foot-one beauty. “My secret to pulling off too-short jeans has always been to pair them with boots . . . and I really rocked the flood-pant trend for as long as I could!”

For many, that will sound like a luxurious dilemma, but for towering women like Kloss, being unable to zone in on a staple pair of skinnies has been an unaddressed problem for far too long. “It wasn’t until I started modeling at fifteen that I even realized what well-fitting clothes felt like,” says the St. Louis native, who first walked for Calvin Klein in September 2007 and, before that, would pin herself into pants that were long in the leg and equally as expansive in the waist without a second thought. “I’m by no means a qualified designer, but through work I’ve learned how clothing should fit and ultimately, how it should feel,” she says. Along with the prerequisite enduring length, Kloss felt a slightly raised waistband was imperative: “There’s nothing worse than a pair of jeans that leaves you feeling exposed when you bend down!” It may sound like a relatively simple formula, but initially some stores were cautious, recalls Grede: “Nobody has ever done this before. It’s not just a case of making jeans longer; the entire proportion changes and denim factories had never cut that way before.” Nonetheless, a host of high-profile stores have signed up, and the trio’s unending jeans, which even Kloss admits she needs to roll up, will be available from the first week of June. “We’re just friends who got together and did this for fun,” says Grede. “I’m convinced there are other tall women out there who can’t find jeans that fit, but if nothing else, we’ve made the perfect ones for Karlie. She’s set for life!”

Available starting in June at Barneys New York, Net-A-Porter, Ron Herman, and Jeffrey.

http://www.vogue.com...-frame-denim/#1

A Leg Up: Karlie Kloss's Extra-Long Jeans Collaboration with FRAME Denim

For every longstanding Kate Moss for Topshop partnership (where dresses have sold out within two hours online), or Elle Macpherson Intimates label (which has garnered a clutch of entrepreneurial awards), there’s been a blink-and-you-miss-it Abbey Lee Kershaw capsule for ManiaMania or Jessica Stam collection for Rag & Bone. Models successfully moonlighting as designers may not be anything new, but Karlie Kloss insists she wasn’t jumping on any bandwagon with her FRAME Denim Forever Karlie jeans collaboration with friends Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson. Rather her first move into design, for which she’s cocreated two excessively long jeans styles—flared and skinny in light and dark washes, each with 40-inch inseams—was born out of necessity, not ambition. “I’m freakishly tall, so finding pants that fit is something I’ve struggled with my whole life,” bemoans the gazelle-like six-foot-one beauty. “My secret to pulling off too-short jeans has always been to pair them with boots . . . and I really rocked the flood-pant trend for as long as I could!”

For many, that will sound like a luxurious dilemma, but for towering women like Kloss, being unable to zone in on a staple pair of skinnies has been an unaddressed problem for far too long. “It wasn’t until I started modeling at fifteen that I even realized what well-fitting clothes felt like,” says the St. Louis native, who first walked for Calvin Klein in September 2007 and, before that, would pin herself into pants that were long in the leg and equally as expansive in the waist without a second thought. “I’m by no means a qualified designer, but through work I’ve learned how clothing should fit and ultimately, how it should feel,” she says. Along with the prerequisite enduring length, Kloss felt a slightly raised waistband was imperative: “There’s nothing worse than a pair of jeans that leaves you feeling exposed when you bend down!” It may sound like a relatively simple formula, but initially some stores were cautious, recalls Grede: “Nobody has ever done this before. It’s not just a case of making jeans longer; the entire proportion changes and denim factories had never cut that way before.” Nonetheless, a host of high-profile stores have signed up, and the trio’s unending jeans, which even Kloss admits she needs to roll up, will be available from the first week of June. “We’re just friends who got together and did this for fun,” says Grede. “I’m convinced there are other tall women out there who can’t find jeans that fit, but if nothing else, we’ve made the perfect ones for Karlie. She’s set for life!”

Available starting in June at Barneys New York, Net-A-Porter, Ron Herman, and Jeffrey.

http://www.vogue.com...-frame-denim/#1

post-3127-0-78666600-1368482274_thumb.jppost-3127-0-48420400-1368482264_thumb.jp

vogue.com