Bellazon

Editorials

Capt Snow

Thanks so much for that and for translating!!! :flower: That was a great interview and I really enjoyed reading it, it was like getting to know her better :wub: Heres Ana on the cover of Elle Brazil September 2007 :wub: Love the outfit, she looks amazing! :drool: PS juliebrazil, could you post a link to the video because I can't read Portugese, thanks :flower:

post-6767-1188642699_thumb.jpg

Ana Beatriz is on the cover of september issue of Nova magazine, the brazilian branch of Cosmopolitan. And boy is she looking hot! Here are the pictures. The first I think is the cover, the second and the third will be inside the magazine!

And here's the article! It's written by Karina Rollo, with pictures of Valerio Trabancco!

Female or angel?

First Brazilian to be on Victoria's Secret's team of Angels, the mineira Ana Beatriz Barros is one of the most well paid models in the world. Here, she speaks of the vanity fair between the tops, the hardships of finding the right man, the exclusive parties all over the world...

Ana Beatriz sometimes looks like a mere mortal: she postponed the photoshoot because of a fever, is distracted and loves to talk. She goes on vacation once in a year, always in August. The destination is what's not the same with mine or yours: this year she went to Ibiza, Spain. Last time, she took someone. Now, she went single. She just broke up her four-year-long relationship with American Helly Nahmad. Yes, the girl likes long-term relationships (like most of us). When's she's 30, she wants to be married and have children. But she says to find the right man isn't easy. The hotties, from day one, fall for the bombshell. "Later they think I'm prettier without the make up". And they still complain she has no time, have to deal with jealousy...

The green-eyed beauty rocks the entire world. She was chosen the sexiest woman in the world by Italian GQ. She's the Sports Illustrated queen, star of the most important lingerie campaigns. She was the first Brazilian woman to be on the Angels' team of Victoria's Secret in 1999 (shortly followed by Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima...) and invited by actress Jennifer Lopez to speak for her brand. For all this, she suffers with the female competition in the center of the vanity fair. Still, she has great friends. One is Alessandra Ambrosio; the other, Jeisa Chiminazzo.

Ana Beatriz's story began like many models'. Born in Itabira, she moved to Belo Horizonte when a baby. Shortly after, her engineer father was transferred to Rio de Janeiro, where at 14, she was "discovered" with her sister, two years older than she. Ana won the Elite Model Look and was runner-up on the American edition. The prize? An international contract. Her father didn't like the story much, but her mother backed her up and flew with Ana to New York.

Having Mrs. Sonia around was essential. "It would be hard to battle the cold, deal with money and rejection alone, not knowing the language", she recalls. Now, in this life for the last 11 years, she speaks English, Italian and French. School? "I got it mailed, and came to Brazil only to do tests". Back then the plan was, "If in three years my career didn't take off, I'd come back to Brazil and go to college". Does anyone doubt this Gemini got there? And, in her opinion, not everything was born from beauty. "If you're not smart and doesn't have personality, forget it". To get some of this glow, keep reading.

Nova: You started on the industry really early. Do you regret it?

Ana Beatriz: If I could go back, I'd wait until I was 17, 18. Nowadays, the girls start at 12. How will they be sexy if they doesn't even know what is to be sexy? They have neither emotional balance nor a fully grown woman body. They're skinny at 13, but... and at 15? Rush isn't needed. There are 33-year-old models (who claim they're 25 because there is prejudice in the fashion world) who keep working just fine.

Nova: Is the job dangerous?

Ana Beatriz: The work includes a lot of parties, men flirting with you. It's very sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. And you have to go party. My mom explained what was cool to do and what wasn't. It was my salvation. Not mentioning that we get a lot of no's. In the beginning it wasn't easy to be chosen for work and ask, "Why not me?" I've seen managers calling newfaces "fat cows". How would you feel? Now I know that if one doesn't want me, then others will. I know my qualities and my flaws. But when I was 14...

Nova: Is competition tough between the models?

Ana Beatriz: Yes. Women are subtle in this, but they fight the salary, they feel envy... I don't do anything bad to anyone and I believe all our actions, good or bad, return to ourselves. Each one has her spot and there's space for everyone.

Nova: What's different in you that conquered the world?

Ana Beatriz: I don't meddle, and I work always cheerfully. I'm easy to deal with, I don't play the megastar part. Do you know why Kate Moss is seen as the best model in the world? Because she's professional, she gets on time, she's simple. True, the scandal (drug related) almost multplied by four her earnings. But, since I don't like people meddling with my personal life, I'm discrete.

Nova: Is your life full of lush, glamour and money?

Ana Beatriz: I know cool people, I get invitations to the best Vanity Fair post-Academy Awards parties, to the Cannes Festival parties. Once, my younger sister Maria Luiza was in New York, where I live, when they called me for a party in London. We flew first class to Europe to return the next day!

Nova: And does so much glamour tire?

Ana Beatriz: I've spent two months with the same luggage, without returning home - three days in London, two in Morocco... I like to travel, but it was too much. In the end, I barely slept and ate. I missed my shower, my bed. I missed the birthdays of a lot of friends.

Nova: Are you a workaholic?

Ana Beatriz: I only give up on jobs if I have a good personal reason. Some years from now, I want to open, in Brazil, a dermathology clinic with Maria Luiza (who is a Med student), with Patricia and a cousin.

Nova: Do you love shopping?

Ana Beatriz: Many models make a fortune in three months and spend it like crazy. I got paid in many currencies and I always choose a part to save.

Nova: Is the relationship with Helly really over?

Ana Beatriz: We've spent four years together. I still like him, he still likes me. I won't wallow. If it is for us to get back together...

Nova: Does jealousy interfer?

Ana Beatriz: I'm not jealous and a model's boyfriend can't be too. I've suffered with it, but I've learnt it only rots the relationship. You have to trust, because if the guy is going to cheat on you, he'll do it anyway, there's no way to prevent.

Nova: Is it difficult to find the one?

Ana Beatriz: There aren't many who understand a woman who makes her own money. Some feel impotent. Besides, they keep picturing their girl in a bikini, photo shooting in paradisiac islands. And I won't quit my job because of a man. I'm telling you that I don't know how to cook. I only order take out!

Nova: Is this how you keep the sexiest body in the world?

Ana Beatriz: To say that living in USA puts some weight on someone is a lie. In front of my house there's a great grocery store, Wall Food, full of organic food. I like to eat, but I drop weight easily. I know how my body works and I stop before I lose it. And I've started doing pilates and cardio.

Nova: Are you worried 24/7 with your beauty?

Ana Beatriz: If some zit pops up in my nose, what can I do? For now I apply protection, and I do peelings, preferably in Brazil. I stay months without dying my hair until I can fly here and do it with Juha, from MG Hair Design. In USA, they leave my hair green! I also don't stay all dressed up. In the day I don't even wear heels, otherwise I look like a giraffe. Only at night I like to put something on, dress up a lil bit.

Source: http://nova.abril.com.br/edicoes/408/abert...do_248679.shtml

There's also a behind-the-scenes video and Ana's tips to enjoy New York. I adored reading this. She sounds so sincere!

THANKS JULIE!!! :hug:

Thanks so much for the translation. I love Ana's karma based attitude. So cool. I like her even more.

I don't do anything bad to anyone and I believe all our actions, good or bad, return to ourselves. Each one has her spot and there's space for everyone.

You're welcome, guys!

However, I've seen the video today and I was shocked at how rough Ana's voice is. She's so beautiful, I always thought her voice would be softer. Dumb me, I know. :dontgetit: Does she smoke?

Yes, the first time I heard her talking, I was surprised either. Somehow you expect a soft voice from her. But I also like the rough voice. - Yes, she is smoking.

The video was nice, but I wished there would have been more close-ups from her face. And it should have been longer....

At least now we know, she gets a lot of phone calls....;-) Wonder who is calling her?

Awww thanks so much for translating that!!! Really loved reading it - she is SO sweet and down to earth!! Would you mind if I added your translation to my site? I'd love to add it to Ana's bio so people get a better idea of what she's like as a person, not just in photos!!

Not at all! Go ahead! :)

And once again it was my pleasure to share this with you guys.