Bellazon

General Discussion

rosada

Vogue Brazil interviewed people about Gisele, here are their quotes.

My fave one from hair stylist Duda Molinos:

Duda Molinos: "It is curious that Gisele worry about the welfare of the entire staff at work, the technical team to the board. Gisele invariably arrives five minutes early to the job. In 20 years working with her, Gisele has never been late. "

http://vogue.globo.com/moda/moda-news/noticia/2015/05/fashionistas-relembram-seus-momentos-mais-marcantes-ao-lado-de-gisele-bundchen.html

Model Gisele Bündchen on motherhood and retiring from the runway

The paparazzi fuss around, but it is not until the entry of mega-model Gisele Bündchen that the crowd collectively gasps.

She struts confidently and casually down the runway, golden and sun-kissed and all in black, waving at the crowd with handlers in tow; the only difference tonight is that she’s heading for her front-row seat.

It is her first time as a guest after retiring from the runway late last year.

It’s clear she’s enjoying the change of pace, bopping along in her seat to the quirky music and enjoying the colourful, elaborate and masterful clothes, with their subtle nods to Korea

When I catch up with her post-show, she’s beaming and holding court.

A model skates up to her from backstage and asks for a selfie, and Bündchen happily obliges.

“Yes, it was sooo fun,” she says of being a guest.

“I have done shows for 20 years [bündchen was discovered in a Brazilian shopping mall at the age of 14] and every time I walk in a show, no matter how many times I’ve done it, there’s always a cold feeling, like butterflies in my stomach, this nervousness.

“Because you feel like all the eyes are on you. You can feel everyone’s energy on you at that moment.

“So this [watching, rather than walking] is a completely different perspective. There’s no pressure!”

Retiring from the runway seems to have been an easy decision for Bündchen, because it was on her terms.

You don’t miss it, even a teensy bit? I ask her.

All that buzz, adrenaline and attention? She smiles and shakes her head.

“I did my last fashion show in Brazil and I feel really grateful,” she says.

“Because I feel like I had the privilege to do it the way I wanted.

“I have so many other things I want to do in my life [bündchen’s business interests and charity commitments are extensive; and she has two children, Benjamin, five, and Vivian, two]

I feel like ‘Mission Accomplished’.

“That is a long time to devote yourself to [something]…” she trails off.

“I started on the runway. And then from that, I became a print model, but I was a runway model first.

“So, yes, there was a lot of emotion attached to that.”

Bündchen has worked with Chanel since she was 17 (she’s now 34).

She’s fronted multiple campaigns for the biggest brands in the world, walked numerous runways, and astutely parlayed her modelling career into big business.

She is listed as the 89th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes (and has been the highest paid model since 2004).

So, now you’re a businesswoman?

“Now I’m a mum, I like to say,” she corrects me.

I tell her I am, too.

“Isn’t it the best?” she beams again and asks about my kids.

She’s got a mega-watt smile and a really easygoing, genuine demeanour, so it’s hard to reconcile this with the controversial comments attributed to her on parenting.

Bündchen has talked in the past about breastfeeding and keeping weight off in pregnancy, and appeared in a bikini on the cover of Vogue Brasil two months after giving birth

However, she’s not superior or supercilious in the flesh.

When I ask her how she makes this busy life work for her, she talks with humility, a sense of humour and insight.

“What works for me,” she says, emphasising that she is only speaking for herself, “was when I realised that I could have everything, or that I could experience everything, but not at the same time”.

“I became less guilty and more relaxed about it. So I have my kids, and I learn from them and I’m present.

“When I’m with my kids, I’m not on the phone, I wake up and make them breakfast. I take my son to school. And when I’m with them, I’m playing with them. I’m like a kid!

“So I get to experience everything with them,” she explains.

“That makes me appreciate time with them, and then when I’m not with them, I don’t feel guilty any more, because I’ve realised that I’m able to be a great mother to them, and still be a professional when I’m at my job, and be focused on that.

“And when I’m with my husband [she has been married to New England Patriots football star Tom Brady since 2009], I focus on him, or with my friends, it’s about them

“And I enjoy work, because when I’m here, I feel 100 per cent here.

“Before, I would feel, ‘Oh, I’m not with my kids’ and I’d feel upset, but I realised the most important thing I ever remembered is that when my mum was with me, she would roll on the floor with me, she was playing with me and she was really present.

“My kids, when I’m there making breakfast with them, I’m really involved. So it made everything more joyful.”

Her contentedness is obvious.

“I am enjoying life as I get older,” she explains, “because I’m so much more aware of everything and I can see everything from a different perspective.”

That includes her relationship with Karl Lagerfeld, who has seen her grow from an awkward teen to muse to world-conquering mum.

“Karl is… when I met him I was 17 years old! Now I’m 34! You know, I was a shy kid who didn’t have her confidence yet and was trying to figure out who she was.

And now I’m a woman and a mother, so it’s different; I can speak with him and things we talk about are different.

You know, he was intimidating when I first saw him; his persona with the black sunglasses and everything… but now I have this relationship with him, we can really talk.

And he’s such a sweet guy and I can go and hug him, and I don’t feel like I can’t.

Because when I was 17, I didn’t feel I could.”

Motherhood seems to have given you so much confidence, I suggest.

“Honey, after I had my two kids at home, I realised there is nothing in this world I cannot do! After that, I think, if I can do this, I can do anything! You know what I’m saying?”

And could that new attitude embrace a future in acting? She did, after all, appear in The Devil Wears Prada, and starred in the short film The One that I Want, directed by Baz Luhrmann, to promote Chanel. No.5 last year.

Acting “is not something I thought about,” she says.

“I was just really excited to do this project, because I had been doing this [modelling] for 20 years, and it’s really rare to get to do something different and challenging.

It’s like a mini-movie, with a storyline, but without words!” It also whetted her appetite for working with Aussies.

“I love it!” she enthuses of Luhrmann and his crew.

“I love Australia, it’s amazing. It’s so much like Brazil. I think the people are very similar.

“I had the pleasure of going to Australia once and it was the best.”

This was eight or nine years ago, she tells me, and she saw kangaroos, koalas with “big claws” and rented a car with her twin sister, Patricia, to drive to the Blue Mountains (outside Sydney) to abseil.

The waves had to wait, however: “I wanted to surf, but there are great whites. I don’t want to be bait!”

She may not have surfed in Bondi, but Bündchen hasn’t lived a life lacking in experiences.

What does a woman like her do next? “So many things!” she enthuses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So in future we'll have:

- shoot with Pat in NYC ( I still have hope that we'll see result  :idk: )

- Vivara Campaign shot few days ago Ph: Luigi & Iango 

Say A Little Prayer Project, Ph: Luigi & Iango 

- Colcci S/S 2016 (I've seen two pictures, but full campaign will come out near future)

- Stuart Weitzman F/W 2015 (full campaign)

- something with Katie Grand 

- Main campaigns: Under Armour, Falabella, GB Intimates, Sky, Oral B Brasil, Pantene

- Documentary on her 20 years career

- photobook by Taschen on her 20 years career

So curious about the Pat shoot and Katie Grand. :chicken:

Maybe the Pat McGrath shoot has something to do with her photobook coming out later....I remember reading something on a Brazilian website that said Steven Meisel would be involved. (old photos of course, but maybe he shot her cover)? Just speculating. 

It seems since becoming a mom she has either a strong campaign season or strong covers/editorial season, not always both. But sometimes she surprises us like in 2012. She did it all that year. 

I hope she shot Chanel again, but who knows. Do you think Oribe photo is new? I thought it was from Stuart Weitzman. I hope its new!

• 2 weeks later...
"Inside UK Vogue's August issue there's a preview of Love's F/W 15.16 issue featuring Gisele Bundchen by David Sims. A fairly minimal shot of Gisele, against a dull blue backdrop wearing all black, hair scraped back as she wears a black headband. It's a beautiful shot of Gisele and it's always refreshing to see a different side of her. I might just have to get the issue if she's on the cover" - Vogue28 (TFS) 

So now we know for what Katie Grand's shot was, unfortunately no campaign  :blah:

OK. 2015 would be the year of magazine.She already got the SIX vogue covers and maybe will get VP and LOVE Magazine very soon.

Really hope she will be on the cover of  VI and VUS this year, since she got the Chanel no.5 and this year is her 20 anniversary.

A new campaign? wow~i think it may be a commercial brand.

So far,she hasn't been shown on any readytowear campaign this season.

yes it must be a commercial brand or one of her contracts. She's shooting in Malibu, the team is rmsbeauty,davidvoncannon...Sounds like Falabella.