Bellazon

Edward Furlong
Thumbnail

PinkCouture

In December 2006 he told "People" magazine that he smokes 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day. At the same time he also admitted being addicted to cocaine and heroin from the age of 22 to 26.

so as I saw in his quotes he was drug addicted during 1999-2003 years and seems he gave it up and wasn't on drugs in 2006, but when did he start it again ? Pink, you may know it, since you've been his fan for years :blush:

From my knowledge I don't think it was ever confirmed he went back on coke however some of his behaviors make me suspect otherwise. I know he was/is abusing alcohol and probably smoking a massive amount of pot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember reading the TMZ article you posted. My thought was why in the world would you hang-out w/ ur ex who you filed a restraining order against!? She is totally enabling and encouraging his bad behaviors, and bringing trouble upon herself :/

BTW, thank you for all your great contributions to this thread :flower: Love it! :hug:

hmm still wonder when he started it again.. maybe around 2009 ? after he and Rachel divorced ? ahm no no, if I'm not mistaken she said that he was on drugs again and etc. so maybe in 2008 and around :p

that girl's face, I mean that Monica Keena, doesn't look healthy to me and they say she's drug addicted as well, where the hell he finds women like that ? :blink: and agree, why she meets him if she filled restraining order against him :idk:

and ugh Eddie's arms look horrible :cry: I've heard many celebs are on drugs but never seen any of them with such bruised arms :cry:

you're welcome! :hehe:

yeah they're from Pecker. and as I heard he was very popular in Japan, I guess that fact is a proof :laugh: haha seems Japanese girls love beautiful guys, they adore Leo as well :p

In 1992, he launched a successful music career in Japan and is still extremely popular with Japanese girls today. His debut song "Hold On Tight" even beat Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" to #1 on the Japanese charts.

the first black&white pic you posted reminds me of Gap campaign pic but I'm not sure, he was a face of

Gap F/W 1996 campaign

post-42076-0-1446022895-05285_thumb.jpg 

I got only that pic, that I know is for Gap, but as I said I doubt the one you posted is from it as well, cuz they're lookalike :p

those pics are lookalikes of Gap pics but I doubt they're from other shoot

post-42076-0-1446022895-08726_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022895-10532_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022895-13694_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022895-14376_thumb.jpg 

and one more thing I want to post is that People magazine scan from 2006, I have only that page, he's talking about his son Ethan, drug problems etc...

People US December 11, 2006

post-42076-0-1446022895-91268_thumb.jpg 

here's the rest of article

Clean Start

By Michelle Tauber

After Battling Drugs, Former Child Star Edward Furlong Finds His Footing With a New Wife and Baby

FacebookTwitterE-mail Cradling his infant son Ethan Page on the patio of his modest Los Angeles rental, Edward Furlong admits that he is still getting a grip on the whole dad thing. "It's so weird—I sort of feel like a teenager with a baby," says the 29-year-old actor, who married Ethan's mom, actress Rachael Bella, in April. Still, he is catching on to fatherhood. "The other day I got him to calm down by myself for the first time," says Furlong, trying to wiggle a pacifier between Ethan's tiny pursed lips. "It felt great. Awesome. It made me feel a little grown up." 

Finding his way to adulthood has been a long, troubled trip for Furlong, who was 13 when he was plucked from a Boys & Girls Club in Pasadena to star in the 1991 blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Suddenly famous, he soon descended into drugs, drinking and family drama. And then in 2004 he was arrested for freeing lobsters out of a supermarket tank (see box). "I realized I was kind of turning into an E! True Hollywood Story," says Furlong, who just made his television debut with a two-episode gig on CSI: NY. Of his decision to finally kick his drug habit almost four years ago and refocus on work and family, he says, "I was sick and tired of being sick and tired." These days, "I don't even think about [partying] anymore. It seems lonely now: running and clubbing and doing coke. I have nightmares about doing hard drugs. I'll wake up and I'm like, 'Did I relapse?' "

Looking back on his years of turmoil, Furlong—who still has the mussed hair and perma-scowl familiar from his T2 days—alternates between candor and dark humor. "I was a nice little kid," he says. "Hollywood f——me up, man!" From 22 to 26, he says he was "on and off" hard drugs. "Lots of money and lots of free coke will turn anybody into a cokehead," he says. "I was a heroin and cocaine addict. It was really scary." 

During that time, he had a brief fling with Paris Hilton ("a nice girl") and a rocky affair with his onetime on-set tutor Jacqueline Domac, who is 13 years his senior. "If I could push rewind on that relationship, I would. And delete," he says. "The problem is, nobody told me it wasn't good for me." 

After years of strained relationships with his family—including a battle between his mother and the aunt and uncle who took custody of Furlong during his teens—Furlong says he and his mom are on good terms. (He's not in touch with his father.) But it is his relationship with his wife and baby, who was born in September, that has most changed him. "Rachael's turned me into a mushball," says Furlong. His preferred escapes nowadays are Xbox 360 and DVD marathons. "People think he's this brooding, troubled person," says Bella, 22, who met Furlong when the two filmed the movie Jimmy and Judy in 2004. "He's so the opposite. He's happy and funny. He's not this lost little boy." 

As for fatherhood to Ethan, whom his parents have nicknamed "E," "it's definitely trippy," says Furlong. "I did a lot of stuff when I was a kid, and I've never seen anything so trippy as my own kid looking at me." Furlong still has his vices: He smokes two to three packs of cigarettes a day, but "I'm supposed to quit on my 30th birthday. It's for E," he says. The little guy now snoozing in his lap has already changed his dad in other ways. "The fact is that I'm holding him in my arms and I'm happy," says Furlong. "I've still got a roof over my head and I have a beautiful wife, a beautiful son, two cars. I think I appreciate what I have even more because I almost lost everything." 

MORE FROM THIS ARTICLE

His Lobster Arrest
"I was a blubbering drunk," Furlong says of his condition in September 2004, when he landed in hot water at a supermarket in Florence, Ky. "I freed a bunch of lobsters," he says of the incident. "We were taking pictures. I got arrested. 'Freeing lobsters' was on the police report." 

love what he said about that woman, Jacqueline Domac, she was like his mom :blink: still can't get why that young kid should like old lady... it sounds silly, but did she put a spell on him, like bewitched him or what ? :laugh:

hmm still wonder when he started it again.. maybe around 2009 ? after he and Rachel divorced ? ahm no no, if I'm not mistaken she said that he was on drugs again and etc. so maybe in 2008 and around :p

that girl's face, I mean that Monica Keena, doesn't look healthy to me and they say she's drug addicted as well, where the hell he finds women like that ? :blink: and agree, why she meets him if she filled restraining order against him :idk:

and ugh Eddie's arms look horrible :cry: I've heard many celebs are on drugs but never seen any of them with such bruised arms :cry:

you're welcome! :hehe:

I think you are right but was it officially confirmed he was on drugs again? :idk: Additions are difficult to kick. People often relapse during tough times. It take a lot of energy, determination and willpower not to use again :/

If Monica is an addict too then it would make sense they would be attracted to each other. Addicts often have codependency interpersonal and emotional issues. Their sense of boundaries are often skewed and their emotions control the best of them affecting their rationality.

His bruised arms definitely indicates he might be shooting up again :(

love what he said about that woman, Jacqueline Domac, she was like his mom :blink: still can't get why that young kid should like old lady... it sounds silly, but did she put a spell on him, like bewitched him or what ? :laugh:

If you think of about it, he was young boy just entering his teens and he was going through a tough time. His family life was unstable and he was vulnerable. It was a time he really needed guidance, love and stability. I think b/c of the hardship he was going through and his age, his was emotionally confused. Jacqueline was giving the attention, love and support he was desperately seeking. Add in the fact he was going through puberty, he probably ended up confusing motherly love with romantic love b/c his understanding of the different types of love & care was never developed early on due to his messed family situation. Jacqueline is not innocent either as she did enter a relationship w/ him. I kinda feel she took advantage of him :/

no, I'm not sure it was officially announced he was on drugs again, it's just my doubt and I read comments on other sites and ppl say it as well, but after seeing that pics with bruised arms I'm kinda sure he is :( and agree it's difficult to give up drugs, many ppl start it again, I guess it needs a lot of strength, energy and support from friends and family.

I think you're right about Jacqueline. imho she is guilty in that situation, yeah he needed that love, support, stability etc, but she was the older one and she was more responsible imho :idk:

different covers of his album

post-42076-0-1446022897-48028_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022897-49859_thumb.jpg 

Arnold's fans' interview with Eddie in 2010

TAFs Exclusive Interview with Edward Furlong!
Is Edward Furlong On Board for T5 and T6?

Reported By: Randy Jennings
Friday, February 26, 2010
The future leader of the resistance against the machines and sidekick to Schwarzenegger's T-800, John Connor, spoke with TheArnoldFans about several topics recently. Edward Furlong chatted with me about his character and possible future involvement in the Terminator franchise. 

Edward Furlong: What's up, man?

TheArnoldFans: There's been a lot of actors playing John Connor over the years, but who played the best one?

Edward Furlong: Uhhh...Me?

TheArnoldFans: Exactly! You!

Edward Furlong: Thanks. I'm not going to say anyone else. I'm the best one, I hope. (laughs) 

TheArnoldFans: You wear a Public Enemy shirt in T2 but Guns & Roses plays your theme song. I was wondering if you actually like any of these bands and which you like better?

Edward Furlong: I do, yeah. I'd pick Gu... well, I don't know, Public Enemy is pretty dope. But I'm a rock and roll guy so I probably listen to more Guns & Roses. But right now I've been listening to a lot of MUSE.

TheArnoldFans: Couldn't agree with you more. What do you remember the most about working on Universal Studio's T2:3D? What was the high and low point of that experience?

Edward Furlong: Working on that? Oh damn, the worst part was we shot that like within a week. You know, it was really long hours and a rather rough shoot. But as far as the best part, I really liked the premiere when it was all done. That was really cool.

TheArnoldFans: Did you get to take away any of the props from T2 or T2:3D?

Edward Furlong: I did. Arnold gave me the bike at the end of the movie.

TheArnoldFans: You're looking good. There was that photo of you going around awhile back with you a lot heavier so it's good to see you getting in shape for T5 and T6, right?

Edward Furlong: Haha, right. Who knows?

TheArnoldFans: William Wisher, co-writer of T1 and T2 has written treatments for T5 and T6 . Would you also consider staring in his scripts if it calls for your return?

Edward Furlong: Yeah (Very enthusiastic)! Of course, man! I'd love to play John Connor again.

Finally, let me add this about Edward's appearance. Sure he looked like he had just smoked a blunt after his frequent cigarette breaks, but seeing John Connor look slightly disheveled like this just makes me want Furlong back in T5 all the more! Not only is he the same actor from T2, but he now looks perfectly cast of a troubled young man with the fate of the world resting on his shoulders. This is the Connor we want to see at the beginning of the film and at the end, he'll be the fit, lean and mean great military leader! Think about it William Wisher! Considering Bale will in no way want to return (or be invited back)...Edward must be back!

As for Furlong's next movie, look for him to have a big role in this year's Green Hornet starring Seth Rogen and our T3 and T4 friend Michael Papajohn!

http://archive.thearnoldfans.com/news/1611.htm

had no idea he was considered as Spider Man in the 90's :idk: it would be huge success for him, if he'd played :cain:

Edward Furlong as Spider-Man
You can thank financial issues for denying us the chance to see Eddie Furlong in the red and blue spandex in the mid-90s – not to mention Arnold Schwarzenegger as Doctor Octopus.

wtf happened 2 u man? oh right drugs but rdj went to prison for drugs and he is ironman? wtf
Getting Spider-Man to the big-screen became even more of a tangled web after the collapse of Cannon.

The rights ended up at Carolco Pictures, at the bequest of James Cameron, who wanted to write and direct a big blockbuster.

Carolco produced Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and then planned to collaborate with Cameron again on Spider-Man. Cameron’s initial reworking of an existing script again featured arch-nemesis Doc Ock as the adversary. Having worked frequently together, Schwarzenegger was Cameron’s first choice for the villain, and Furlong (the original John Connor) was strongly considered for the hero.

In 1996, Carolco followed Cannon into that big studio heaven in the sky and left the Spider-Man movie in development hell. The company’s collapse proved the deathknell for Cameron’s vision for the web-slinger, though parts of his script did make it to Sam Raimi’s adaptation almost a decade later.  Cameron managed to jump ship and make Titanic. Schwarzenegger and Furlong didn’t fare so well. While Arnie had the dubious honor of playing Mr Freeze (in Batman and Robin), Eddie simply went cold and his career faded. Though he is in The Green Hornet.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/winzen_tween/2012/11/26/bullets-dodgers-actors-who-were-almost-superheroes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 4 months later...