Bellazon

Edward Furlong
Thumbnail

PinkCouture

I was around 10-12 when I first saw T2 and fell in love with him lol it was in early 00's, I was born a year later after T2 released, so I had Eddie-mania really late lol :laugh: then I kinda forgot him and this summer I accidentally saw American History X topic on other forum and I remembered my love for him :laugh:

Pink posted his short bio on the first page but there's info about his life, quotes and everything, drug problems and etc. so just pasting all the infos from the site and anyone can read whatever they want :p

Date of Birth

2 August 1977, Glendale, California, USA

Birth Name

Edward Walter Furlong

Nickname

Eddie - -

Height

5' 5¾" (1.67 m)

Mini Biography
Edward Walter Furlong (born August 2, 1977) is an American actor whose best known film roles are John Connor in Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Daniel Vinyard in American History X. He is a two-time Saturn Award nominee, winning the 1992 Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor for his performance in Terminator 2. He also won the 1992 MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance for his work in the film. 

Early life

Furlong was born in Glendale, California, near Burbank, the son of Eleanor (née Tafoya), a youth-center worker, and an unknown father. He is of Mexican descent on his mother's side, and also has Russian and possibly Native American ancestry. Furlong has a younger half-brother, Bobby Torres, from his mother's marriage to Moises Torres. Furlong moved in with his aunt and uncle, Nancy Tafoya and Sean Furlong, in 1990; the two gained legal guardianship of Furlong in September 1991 and subsequently lost it to his mother in August 1993. Furlong attended Charles W. Eliot Middle School in Altadena, and South Pasadena Junior High School in South Pasadena, California. He never completed high school.

Career

1990s

In 1991, Furlong began his film career as John Connor in Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a role that earned him an MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Role and a Saturn Award for best young actor. He was discovered for the part by casting director Mali Finn while visiting the Pasadena Boys and Girls Club. Furlong had no acting ambitions. He has stated, "I fell into [acting], it wasn't something that I planned".

He followed this role with a string of moderately successful high-profile films and indies, sharing the screen with Meryl Streep and Liam Neeson in Before and After; Tim Roth, Maximilian Schell, and Vanessa Redgrave in Little Odessa; and Anthony Edwards in Pet Sematary Two.

In 1993, Furlong was featured in Aerosmith's music video for "Livin' on the Edge". This was also the only major Aerosmith video from Get a Grip not to feature Alicia Silverstone. He played the lead role of Michael Brower, a horror and videogame-obsessed teen in the 1994 film Brainscan. In 1995, he starred in the film adaptation of Truman Capote's The Grass Harp.

In 1998, he starred in American History X alongside Edward Norton and appeared in his first comedy role in Pecker, directed by John Waters. Of his title role in Pecker, Furlong stated, "It's true most of the characters that I've played so far are kind of like suicidal. Really dark roles, which I like. But I wanted to do something different and John gave me a chance to do that."

In 1999, he starred in the film Detroit Rock City. During filming he met Natasha Lyonne, whom he then dated.

2000s

In 2000, Furlong played a young convict in Steve Buscemi's film Animal Factory. The following year, he took a role in I Cavalieri che fecero l'impresa aka The Knights of the Quest, a film by Italian filmmaker Pupi Avati. Furlong worked steadily over the next few years, acting in five other films between 2003 and 2005.

In 2003, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was released. Despite having played the role of John Connor in Terminator 2, Furlong was not cast to reprise the role. Instead the part was played by Nick Stahl. Furlong later stated, "It just wasn't the time. I was going through my own thing at the point in my life – whatever, it just wasn't meant to be".

That same year, he appeared in a music video for Metallica's "The Unnamed Feeling".

In 2005, Furlong played the lead in the fourth film in The Crow series, The Crow: Wicked Prayer, alongside David Boreanaz and Tara Reid. The film was planned for a theatrical release, but eventually went straight to DVD. Despite this, Furlong was optimistic, stating, "I feel through word of mouth people will find it. There's a huge base for Crow fans. Just from what I've seen on the Internet, people are really excited about it. Personally, I say it's the best one since the first one".

He starred as Jimmy in Jimmy & Judy in 2006, during which time he met Rachael Bella. The two became romantically involved and later married. In 2006 and again in 2010, Furlong appeared as a guest star on five episodes of the television program CSI: NY as character Shane Casey.

Furlong appeared in the 2009 remake of the 1988 horror classic Night of the Demons shot in New Orleans.

Several of Furlong's recent films are still in post-production, or have been shown at film festivals rather than in major theatrical release. He appeared in the film Kingshighway, which was due to be released 2010. He starred in Mortician 3D alongside Method Man. He played the role of Ravi in the psychological thriller Crave, which was filmed in Detroit, Michigan. Furlong plays the lead role alongside Michael Berryman in the upcoming Canadian horror thriller Below Zero 3-D.

He also had a role in the 2011 Seth Rogen film, The Green Hornet.

In 2011 he will star in "This is not a Movie", a Mexican production spoken in English, written and directed by Olallo Rubio and co starring Peter Coyote and Edi Gathegi. The film is scored by ex-Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash. The film has been released in Germany in 2010 and Mexico in January 2011.

Other work

After Furlong achieved particular popularity in Japan as a result of Terminator 2, he appeared in TV advertisements for various Japanese products. He also released an album in Japan called Hold on Tight, which included a cover of The Doors song "People Are Strange". Furlong would later say that the music was "the exact opposite of rock" and "a bad mistake".

Furlong has also modeled, in 1996 for Calvin Klein and in 1996 for The Gap.

Personal life

Furlong was romantically involved with Natasha Lyonne, Jolene Blalock, and Paris Hilton. At fourteen he took up with his 29-year-old former tutor, Jacqueline Domac, who became his manager for several years. Following their split, she sued him for physical assault and 15% of his earnings.

Furlong married Rachael Bella on April 19, 2006. The couple's son, Ethan Page Furlong, was born on September 21, 2006. Furlong described the birth as "trippy". On July 8, 2009, Rachael Bella filed for divorce after three years of marriage citing irreconcilable differences. She told the court he regularly drove past her house in an intimidating manner, and threatened to hire people to beat her with metal chains and baseball bats. In January 2011 Furlong told a judge he is bankrupt and cannot afford to pay child support.

Substance abuse and legal problems

Furlong had a long battle with alcoholism and illegal drug addiction.

On 24 April 2001 he was hospitalized for a suspected heroin overdose after being found unconscious in a pool of his own vomit.

On 25 September 2001 he was arrested for two separate incidents involving driving without a license and DUI. After being in and out of rehab, he stated that, "The first year of quitting (drugs) is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, physically and mentally."

In December 2006 he told "People" magazine that he smokes 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day. At the same time he also admitted being addicted to cocaine and heroin from the age of 22 to 26.

In September 2004, Furlong was arrested for public intoxication following an incident at a Meijer grocery store in Florence, Kentucky (in the Cincinnati area), where he was filming the independent film Jimmy and Judy. According to the police report, he and some friends were getting rowdy and yanking lobsters out of the store's tank. When police arrived, an unsteady Furlong, who "smelled of booze," began to "turn around in circles" when an officer tried to frisk him. Furlong spent a few hours in custody before making bail on the misdemeanor count.

Rachael Bella filed for and received a restraining order from a court, against Furlong. She claimed he threatened to commit suicide, repeatedly refused to undergo any drug tests, and that he told her he hit their son's testicles. He was also ordered by the court to undergo counselling. On 10 January 2011, Furlong was arrested and jailed for "violating his probation stemming from the restraining order". That evening he was still in jail needing to post a $75,000 bond for release. He was released the following morning.

Spouse

Rachael Bella (19 April 2006 - present) (filed for divorce) 1 child -

Trade Mark

Dark menacing glaring eyes

-

Trivia

He was discovered by casting director Mali Finn at the Boys Club of Pasadena, and won the part of John Connor in the sequel film Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).

He reprised his Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) character John Connor for the theme park attraction T2-3D, a short film filmed in a new 3-D process that makes the film really appear to jump out at you.

Former girlfriend and manager Jacqueline Louise Domac has gone to the courts to request 15% of Edward's earnings for the last three years, charging abuse and breach of contract.

9/25/01: Arrested by police in West Hollywood, California, in two separate incidents: 1) for driving without a license 2) for DUI and causing a car wreck (just four hours after the first incident).

Is a vegetarian.

Attended Elliot Junior High School and South Pasadena Junior High School before filming Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).

In 1992, he launched a successful music career in Japan and is still extremely popular with Japanese girls today. His debut song "Hold On Tight" even beat Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" to #1 on the Japanese charts.

Modelled for labels such as "Gap" and Calvin Klein and has advertised for the Japanese food company, "Hot Noodle".

During the shooting of Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), his voice changed and he had to loop all of his lines in quite a few scenes. He also grew quite a bit. At the beginning of shooting, he was a few inches smaller than his double and, at the end, he was a little bit taller than him. He even had to stand in a hole during the shooting of some scenes.

Says on the commentary for The Crow: Wicked Prayer (2005) that Apocalypse Now (1979) is his favorite movie of all time.

Rated #69 in VH1's list of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".

Of Mexican descent on his mother's side. His mother's name is Eleanor Tafoya Torres. Furlong is Eleanor's stepfather's last name. She never told Edward who his father was, only that the man was of Russian descent.

Edward and his wife, Rachael Bella, became the parents of a boy, Ethan Page Furlong, on September 21, 2006. Ethan weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz.

He was considered to reprise his role as John Connor in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), but he turned it down.

Was born in the same hospital as "One Tree Hill" (2003) actress and fashion designer Julie Krystina.

His estranged wife, Rachael Bella, obtained a temporary restraining order against him [August 17, 2010].

Can play the piano and the guitar.

Has stated in several interviews that his performance in Little Odessa (1994) is his personal favorite.

Furlong was arrested in Los Angeles, California on suspicion of domestic violence (the third such accusation to hit him since 2012). He was detained at the Men's

Central Jail from Jan 14th to Feb 2nd before finally being released on $31,000 bail. [January 13, 2013]

-

Personal Quotes

I enjoy playing people that are totally different than me. It's a challenge to get inside these people's heads and wonder why they would have these beliefs.

I never thought I'd reach 21. I used to feel that was old, but growing old doesn't scare me anymore. I just want to have done something super special and have had someone to do it with.

I've always liked women. But I don't want somebody who likes me because I'm famous. I like girls who are intelligent and who are kind of quiet like me.

(1996, Movieline Magazine) If the career doesn't work out, I'll definitely go to college and try another line of work. If that doesn't pan out, I can always go shoot up and be a rock star.

(1996, on landing Before and After) Barbet (Schroeder) and I met two years ago in an office, and, at the lime, he was seeing everybody. It was the role, out of all the scripts I have read, that I really wanted the most. It was almost like such a great part that you don't even have to act to look great on film. Two years later, I got a call from my agent that the movie was on again and that Barbet wanted me and that was that.

(On filming The Grass Harp) Definitely a troubled shoot. I'm kind of judgmental because I read the book and that was so beautifully written, I really don't know too much about the trouble, except that the director wasn't really getting along with the studio. They just didn't click. It was a weird shoot.

(1996, Movieline Magazine) I am very, very competitive and ambitious. I would definitely fight hard for a role I believed in. But I will never kiss anybody's ass. No way, man, I would say to Quentin Tarantino, 'Hey, man, pretty awesome,' but I wouldn't be like 'Hey, man, let me do one of your movies,' even if to do one of his movies would be totally trippy.

(1996, on his level of fame) No gun, no bodyguard, cause that would probably freak me out. It's really not that big yet, my fame. Hopefully it will be that big one day.

-

Salary

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) $30,000 Brainscan (1994) $350,000 -

At court in Los Angeles, July 1, 2013
post-42076-0-1446022885-16779_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-18907_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-21493_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-25237_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-3924_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-4506_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-48733_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-51652_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-52655_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-56484_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-61275_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-65559_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022885-68705_thumb.jpg 

Edward Furlong avoids jail in ex-girlfriend assault
"Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong pled no contest to domestic violence -- but got 6 other charges dismissed in a plea deal for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

Furlong was arrested back in May when he attacked his ex-gf in her West Hollywood apartment -- violating a protective order she had against him.

Furlong was hit with 7 charges for the incident -- including domestic violence, vandalism (for destroying her laptop) and dissuading a witness by force.

In his plea deal ... Furlong got 5 years probation, 90 days in a drug treatment program, and a year of domestic violence counseling. 

He was also given credit for 61 days served ... so he won't have to do any further jail time.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/01/edward-furlong-ex-girlfriend-assault-domestic-violence-plea-deal/

hmm I guess this sighting isn't good for him since he had a restraining order... 

those are about July-August 2013 pics

post-42076-0-1446022888-33328_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022890-13488_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022890-27411_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022890-46436_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022890-78607_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022891-17686_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022891-45251_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022891-77005_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022892-2402_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022892-32725_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022892-34399_thumb.jpg post-42076-0-1446022892-41311_thumb.jpg 

She became known for playing beautiful tearaway Abby Morgan in Dawson's Creek.
But actress Monica Keena looked a far cry from her former image as she met up with ex-boyfriend Edward Furlong for a lunch date in Sherman Oaks this week, sporting bedraggled hair and a drawn face.
Despite the fact that she has a restraining order against him, the 34-year-old star was spotted in an intimate embrace with her former love, who allegedly assaulted her back in May.

The tempestuous few months look like they've taken their toll on the actress, who seems to have ditched her formally glamorous image and looked disheveled in ripped jeans and a baggy T-shirt.
Her usually bright blonde hair seemed to be a darker shade as she headed to meet her one-time love at a Mexican restaurant, and her make-up free face looked pale and drawn.
And despite the fact that that she has an injunction against him, meaning that he is not legally allowed to come near her, the actress had clearly decide to meet with him.

The actor, 35, who was arrested on domestic battery charges but managed to avoid jail just a few weeks ago, seemed keen to make things up with his former girlfriend.
And far from keeping him at arms length, Keena laughed and joked with Furlong, and at one point put her head on his shoulder.
Looking like they may have been trying to rekindle their relationship, the troubled actor put an arm around her and even kissed her on the head.
But it seems that things may have got heated again after their intimate lunch, as Keena left the restaurant on her own, with Furlong chasing out after her in a rush.

According to reports, the couple left separately after spotting the photographer, but Monica later picked up the actor around the corner in her car.
Just a matter of weeks ago the pair were in court after Furlong violated the restraining order that Monica had out against him.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies who responded to the May incident found Furlong hiding near his ex-girlfriend's apartment and he was promptly arrested.

A court imposed the protective order after the actor was arrested in January at the same address following a domestic disturbance, the sheriff's department said.
He is also barred from being alone with his six-year-old son Ethan Page after the child tested positive for cocaine after being under his father's supervision in late 2012.
Actress Keena may have looked a far cry from her Dawson's Creek days but she still has a number of acting projects in the pipeline this year.
She has already wrapped on The Ghost And The Whale with Tippi Hedren which is due out this year as well as Manson Girls.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/01/edward-furlong-ex-girlfriend-assault-domestic-violence-plea-deal/

In December 2006 he told "People" magazine that he smokes 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day. At the same time he also admitted being addicted to cocaine and heroin from the age of 22 to 26.

so as I saw in his quotes he was drug addicted during 1999-2003 years and seems he gave it up and wasn't on drugs in 2006, but when did he start it again ? Pink, you may know it, since you've been his fan for years :blush:

From my knowledge I don't think it was ever confirmed he went back on coke however some of his behaviors make me suspect otherwise. I know he was/is abusing alcohol and probably smoking a massive amount of pot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember reading the TMZ article you posted. My thought was why in the world would you hang-out w/ ur ex who you filed a restraining order against!? She is totally enabling and encouraging his bad behaviors, and bringing trouble upon herself :/

BTW, thank you for all your great contributions to this thread :flower: Love it! :hug: