Bellazon

American Hustle (2013)

Shepherd

American Hustle is an upcoming drama film directed by David O. Russell, from a screenplay written by Eric Warren Singer and Russell based on the FBI Abscam operation. It is scheduled to be released on December 25, 2013 by Annapurna Pictures.

As for the story: It’s a fictionalized account of the notorious Abscam operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s, in which two con artists worked with a wild FBI agent to uncover political corruption at the highest levels. Their efforts resulted in the conviction of a U.S senator, five congressmen, and multiple members of the Philadelphia City Council. Russell reunites the leading casts of his two previous films—Playbook’s Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, The Fighter’s Amy Adams and Christian Bale and loops in Jeremy Renner as well.

amhustle020813BZNimage1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This film kind of confused me and I don't understand it. The beginning was perfectly fine but as it got to the end everything just got messy. I felt really bad for Jeremy Renner's character since he seemed so nice and sweet, Bradley Cooper's character was horny as hell, Christian Bale does not suit that bloat, Amy Adams was great, and I honestly have no clue how Jennifer Lawrence got a Golden Globe for that film, or an Academy Award nomination, I personally thought she was really bad and rather boring, how you play a crazy housewife that nearly burns everything, no please I am amazed here are more than a dozen nominations for your mediocre performance. I'm pretty shocked Renner barely has nominations since he was such a pleasure to watch and did great. I think I'll have to rewatch this film to understand but for now it sits at 6/10

^Its interesting, this movie is nominated in EVERY category at the Oscars, critics hail it, etc. But all I am seeing from people and audiances is that they found it to be one of the most overrated movies they've ever seen and didn't enjoy it THAT much..

Same with Gravity...Still have to judge for myself as I haven't seen either yet..

• 1 year later...