Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

35 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I don't like Taylor's new music video and lead track

I think the double album is too monotonous (too little variety most tracks are kinda indistinguishable from each other) and some lyrics are just silly but I still like a few songs. Sometimes quantity isn't equal with quality.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:38 AM, Jade Bahr said:

I think the double album is too monotonous (too less too little variety most tracks are kinda indistinguishable from each other) and some lyrics are just silly but I still like a few songs. Sometimes quantity isn't equal with quality.

That's how I feel with Taylor's music in general.  I went through a lot of them and I only found 7 tracks that I like so far.  (All too Well,  Lover, Ivy, Shake it off, Champagne Problems, Cruel Summer, Red )'Fortnight' sounds like she is half asleep.

The whole 2 hr album is uploaded on youtube now, I will check it out later:

These are the most popular songs on Taylor's youtube channel.  At 57.8 million subs it's one of the biggest in the world.

Taylor Swift - YouTube

Like her previous albums in recent years, song after song is about relationship trauma.  Pretty depressing.  This album is even more depressing and low energy than the other ones.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:40 PM, Cult Icon said:

These are the most popular songs on Taylor's youtube channel.  At 57.8 million subs it's one of the biggest in the world.

Taylor Swift - YouTube

Like her previous albums in recent years, song after song is about relationship trauma.  Pretty depressing.  This album is even more depressing and low energy than the other ones.

I think for me the most fascinating thing about her is how her (mostly medicore) songs aka her dating life make such cultural impact on mostly everything in almost every generation.

0545ec1c6d65b62b5ab9a1e738371c7cea0c10ff

75361e54f9b3c33a9ceb62301c13f84637101819

I mean she literally shaked the whole football nation with dating one of them LOL It was almost funny to see her turn this serious billion-dollar men's club into her circus arena.

On 4/22/2024 at 5:15 AM, Jade Bahr said:

I think for me the most fascinating thing about her is how her (mostly medicore) songs aka her dating life make such cultural impact on mostly everything in almost every generation.

I mean she literally shaked the whole football nation with dating one of them LOL It was almost funny to see her turn this serious billion-dollar men's club into her circus arena.

It is a billion-dollar empire and the NFL is worth billions, both give each other good publicity.  

I am most impressed by the whole Taylor Swift empire and how their business/marketing team managed everything.  She is a great performer, is beautiful and has a good presence on stage.

I don't think she writes all her music and I think the poetry/music is managed by her and her team.  They obviously have a very good understanding of what their demographics want.

I tried to find a serious biography on her and her career but so far there isn't any which means that we will not know a more complete tale until years from now.

The music itself is mainly poetry about (negative) experiences that is instantly relatable to unmarried women age approx. 15-35, which is her target audience. The lyrics are the key, not so much the (mostly not great) quality of the music itself.  It says quite a lot about the issues that women have today.  

A lot of her sad poetry is basically samsara- being lost in suffering while only reaching the half-way goal of understanding and moving forward/maturity, or not moving forward at all. 

Saṃsāra - Wikipedia  "cycle of aimless drifting, wandering or mundane existence"

I wonder what will happen to Taylor's strategy as she gets older, say 40 and 50 years old?  The content must change by then to a higher form- I hope it does.