Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Get a peek at the castings for the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and hear from some of the models who will be walking the runway on December 10, 10/9c! http://bit.ly/19L1TGk

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151984306032173&set=a.10151250981657173.486076.153737227172&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p320x320/1460070_10151984306032173_1805890677_n.jpg]

Like · · Share · 484723 · about an hour ago · ·

what the actual fuck

Please textlink or upload images onto a host instead of hotlinking. This include images from facebook, instagram, tumblr, twitter, VK, etc. For more information click HERE. Thanks! ~post edited by PinkCouture

in that test say hear from casting video  the models who gonna be at the show  , soo sara is gonna there, right , i'm freaking out Edited by PinkCouture

Birds of Paradise segment.

http://i.imgur.com/oTnwpKI.jpg

Looks like it will be just a cheap background change for every segment again.

That really sucks. I was hoping for stg more elaborate, especially since "Birds of Paradise" sounds exotic, I was really hoping for some grand props and such.

Edited by PinkCouture

You know that's not what I said and you know very well what I meant.

You want SI models like Jessica Gomez and Kate Upton on the VS runway? No? do you really think that Ed and Monica will EVER make that happen?

I don't.

Actually that's kinda what I got out of your statement too. No, they will probably never walk for VS, but you were quite condescending to the idea of any model having curves, because models are  "skinny, gorgeous, tall and slender." High fashion models fit that bill, but VS borders between HF and Commercial modeling, the latter being what SI caters to. So why wouldn't their models be appropriate for the VS runway? They're still models, they make great lingerie models for the most part. But VS has lost almost any idea of what a commercial model is and keeps sliding further and further into the realm of HF. It's becoming like a HF circus, and honestly when it loses even the semblance of having commercial models I will quite probably stop watching, until then the downward spiral is mildly entertaining.

The fans, more so.

I'm inclined not to watch the show now that Shanina's not in :(    It's becoming just like any runway show where unless you're extremely skinny and tall and a HF model then you don't have a chance. What are other peoples thoughts on this? Particularly with the models that they have chosen this year being more HF?

I can't see this being VS where I liked the diversity they use to have.....snd sorry to say I think Shanina would make a perfect angel. Thats my opinion anyway

Ooh, I love the sound of those segments, especially Birds of Paradise and Parisian Night have a lot of promise. Birds of Paradise because of the fantasy aspect and Parisian Night for sexy French lingerie and manmade beauty. I love that they have a holiday themed one in Snow Angels if they just make it special and do not copy 2006. Shipwrecked could be hot if done Blue Lagoon / mermaid style.

You know that's not what I said and you know very well what I meant.

You want SI models like Jessica Gomez and Kate Upton on the VS runway? No? do you really think that Ed and Monica will EVER make that happen?

I don't.

Actually that's kinda what I got out of your statement too. No, they will probably never walk for VS, but you were quite condescending to the idea of any model having curves, because models are  "skinny, gorgeous, tall and slender." High fashion models fit that bill, but VS borders between HF and Commercial modeling, the latter being what SI caters to. So why wouldn't their models be appropriate for the VS runway? They're still models, they make great lingerie models for the most part. But VS has lost almost any idea of what a commercial model is and keeps sliding further and further into the realm of HF. It's becoming like a HF circus, and honestly when it loses even the semblance of having commercial models I will quite probably stop watching, until then the downward spiral is mildly entertaining.

The fans, more so.

If you're taling about Karlie, Anja Rubik and other tall super skinny girls that have started to be VS regulars, then NO, I'm certainly not happy with their bodies and their bodies ONLY.

But then again think about what VS models were in late 90s, early 2000 and think about them now- of course there is a drastic change in weight. Today's girls are skinnier.

But also compare the SI girls of the 90s and early 2000s with  todays. Elle Macpherson is tall and slender, but she is not KAte Upton.

Paulina Porizkova is tall and slender but she is not Jessica Gomez.

so my linking of a model is just that: in the middle between the 2 extreme ends, may they be the names of Karlie Kloss and Kate Upton, just to give you example.

Those are the kind of models that I wanna see in VSFs, and majority of the girls are such. So, what';s the problem?