Bellazon

Hannah Ferguson
Thumbnail

spud

How Model Hannah Ferguson Got Ready for Vogue’s Pre-Met Gala Party

May 6, 2018 5:25 PM

by Lauren Valenti

In the infamous opening of Paolo Sorrentino’s 2013 art drama film “The Great Beauty,” a Roman party of Goliath proportions is being thrown. The Italian disco-fueled dance floor is infinite; the clothes are spectacularly lavish; and the beauty, from elaborate updos to smoky gazes, is boundless. It was this unforgettable scene that inspired Vogue’s Sally Singer when conceiving her fifth annual pre-Met kick-off party, which held court last night at Forlini’s, an old school Italian restaurant on Baxter Street. And naturally, attendees, like Texan-born bombshell Hannah Ferguson, who made a grand entrance wearing a flared cotton tulle dress with seashell buttons by BreeLayne with a pearl choker and oversized, crystal-studded gold hoops, arrived to jaw-dropping effect.

Getting glam ready inside one of the Beekman Hotel's turret penthouse suites, 10 stories above Lower Manhattan, Ferguson began by brightening and sculpting her freckled complexion with a veil of Glamglow's chromatic Gravitymud Firming Treatment. Then, hairstylist Adam Szabó whipped her pale blonde lengths into an architectural top knot (to "play up her bone structure," he says), while makeup artist Grace Ahn rimmed her waterlines and tapped cream highlighter on her cheekbones, finishing with a stamped on blood-red lip—equal parts sultry and timeless. Her gilded, deep burgundy talons came courtesy of Japanese nail artist Mei Kawajiri, who accented the nails with gold crucifix decals inspired by the 2018 Met Gala's "Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination" theme. "These kind of nails are not something I'd normally do, but that's why I love them," explains Ferguson. "They're perfect for tonight."

Here, a behind-the-scenes look at Ferguson getting ready for the flashy fête—because sometimes Great Beauty takes an army.

Photographed by Corey Tenold

Fashion Editor: Anny Choi

Hair: Adam Szabo

Makeup: Grace Ahn

Manicure: Mei Kawajiri

Special Thanks: The Beekman

Ferguson begins by prepping her skin with Glamglow’s Gravity Gravitymud Firming Treatment.

The chromatic silver mask treatment is “selfie-ready!” says Ferguson.

2mn5NODw_t.jpeg

Ahn creates a powdery-matte finish on Ferguson’s blood-red lips.

eS56mcHJ_t.jpeg

Hairstylist Adam Szabó slicks Ferguson's hair back into a neat ponytail before molding it into a sleek top knot.

f20ZDxPK_t.jpeg

Ferguson’s flyaways are tamed with a mist of strong hold hairspray.

zE1MD8Aj_t.jpeg

Nail artist Mei Kawajiri applies intricate gold nail decals that she imported from Japan.

CCvDwcqD_t.jpeg

After slipping on her BreeLayne frock, Ferguson fastens crystal-embellished gold hoops.

Photographed by Corey Tenold

deaPe5mZ_t.jpeg

Source: https://www.vogue.com/article/hannah-ferguson-getting-ready-vogue-pre-met-party-manhattan

On 10/05/2018 at 2:37 AM, skjold said:

What's the point to uglify her? A special artistic taste inaccessible to the common mortals?

Very good question. I think these folks were obviously color blind! Hannah has a naturally balanced face, she just needs very light/natural makeup. She is a great model, she should work with better people than these guys.

15 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Very good question. I think these folks were obviously color blind! Hannah has a naturally balanced face, she just needs very light/natural makeup. She is a great model, she should work with better people than these guys.

Uglification of beautiful models and choosing very ugly models is an unexplainable habit of these so-called artists, thus we have really ugly supermodels and quite beautiful underrated models.

Well, i was in canne during all the film festival and i didn't know she was here and obviously i missed her, this make me a newbie because i wanted To meet her To discuss and take photos...

As much as i don't like asking these sort of questions, does anyone knows how i can meet models like her during event like this or during the fashion week ? 

Not to mentions that I did also heard some peoples saying that you can meet models like hannah in their hotels during the fashion week, is that possible ? 

If so, i would really like To knows.

1 hour ago, James mayberry said:

Well, i was in canne during all the film festival and i didn't know she was here and obviously i missed her, this make me a newbie because i wanted To meet her To discuss and take photos...

As much as i don't like asking these sort of questions, does anyone knows how i can meet models like her during event like this or during the fashion week ? 

Not to mentions that I did also heard some peoples saying that you can meet models like hannah in their hotels during the fashion week, is that possible ? 

If so, i would really like To knows.

No you can't. You can't meet anybody who's high profile just randomly. You go through agents and managements, and even if you randomly meet them in the hotel lobby you'd be unprofessional bordering on creepy if you started to ask about taking pictures of them in their hotel room. It's one thing to ask for a selfie with them at an after show party, it's another to suggest taking pictures in their room, especially the first time you meet them.

If you want to be a professional photog , you built up a portfolio, get a good reputation, work your way up and see where it leads. You don't wanna be the next Terry.

On 20/05/2018 at 5:40 PM, Charlie's Alter Ego said:

WTF? Oo

How it is unusual To ask these questions ? Like i said before ive heard peoples saying and asking things like in what hotels they are and the like...

On 20/05/2018 at 6:56 PM, Franko said:

No you can't. You can't meet anybody who's high profile just randomly. You go through agents and managements, and even if you randomly meet them in the hotel lobby you'd be unprofessional bordering on creepy if you started to ask about taking pictures of them in their hotel room. It's one thing to ask for a selfie with them at an after show party, it's another to suggest taking pictures in their room, especially the first time you meet them.

If you want to be a professional photog , you built up a portfolio, get a good reputation, work your way up and see where it leads. You don't wanna be the next Terry.

I expected that kind of answers but i needed a confirmations, forgive my lack knowledges about this subject but hearing peoples from the fashion community, i began To raise questions about all of this, and i never said that wanted To got in their hotels room, im not a creep nor a stalker...

Also as for hannah for being high profile is an another subject and question, yes she does high fashion things right now but she is not in the same category as the others Well know models such as karlie kloss or barbara palvin for exemples as she doesn't have the same media coverage and doesn't seem to care about having a high number of followers on instagram for exemple, in general she seem a down to earth and simple woman and very friendly, and thats a good thing even if she deserve a better recognition for her work because she is a underrated model.