Bellazon

Denise Schaefer
Thumbnail

spud

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interview with GQ:

Get to know the Peruvian-born, California-made model.

We spend a lot of time on Instagram (no, really—a lot of time), and when we're not living vicariously through our favorite FOMO-inducing accounts, we're checking on some particularly talented users. So when our GQ casting team finds a ’grammer worth shouting out, we think it's our duty to share him or her with you, dear followers. Today we're revving up for another week after a long weekend with Peruvian beauty Denise Schaefer.

If Denise Schaefer's 157,000 Instagram followers have anything to say about it, the 22-year-old is on her way to the modeling big leagues. Born and raised in Lima, Peru, Schaefer moved to California at the age of 11. Though she's a die-hard Cali girl, the green-eyed talent was first signed as a model in N.Y.C., and since then has traveled all over the globe for gigs as wild as a Guess campaign and as weird as a shoot in freezing temperatures clad in nothing but a bikini. After all, when you're an ambitious model like Schaefer, even a weekend at Coachella fits into your job description. So give her feed a once-over (maybe a twice-over) and a follow, while you're at it.

Where are you right now?
Having breakfast in my apartment in L.A.

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Lima, Peru, and lived there until I was 11. I then moved to Ventura in California and lived there up until I moved to L.A./N.Y.C.

If you weren’t a model, what career would you pursue?
I've always loved acting as well as law, so either an actress or a lawyer.

What is your mantra? (If you don't have one, make one up. We'll wait.)
"Hustle with a good heart."

What makes you feel sexy?
Confidence. I feel the sexiest when I'm in an environment in which I can feel confident and relaxed. I try to surround myself with people, places, and things that make me feel good about myself.

Where have you never been but want to go?
So many places! Tahiti is at the top of my list right now.

Do you read the comments?
Most of the time I do.

What is the craziest thing you’ve done on a shoot?
One time, I had to shoot outside in a bikini with my hair wet at 7 P.M. while it was 25 degrees. I thought I was going to freeze to death, but once we finally got the shots, it was worth it.

How do you spend your time off?
I love being around my friends and family, so I spend as much time with the people I love as I can. I love going on adventures and traveling as much as I can!

What is your most prized possession?
A ring I have that my grandma gave to my mom and my mom gave to me. I wear it all the time, especially when I need some good luck!

gq.com/story/denise-schaefer-model-instagram-bikini-photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...