Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

Josie's the only model I know of who bugged SI till they hired her, that's more impressive then a cover to me.

SI: "Sorry Josie, you aren't what we're looking for"

Josie: (selfie pics sent to SI) "Hi yeah... you should take a look at these and hire me.. good. ttyl"

SI: (next day phone call) "Hi Josie! We loved the pics, wanna be in the magazine....? please"

Josie: "Sure as long as I can do next year with Terry Richardson aka the guy who will help to make my career... thanks"

SI: "Done... welcome to the SI family"

4 Years Later...

SI: "Hey Josie, we'd love to have you back another year"

Josie: "Oh... that's awesome, thanks for giving me a platform to launch my movie, video game, music video and cosmetics company from, but... merc out..."

Josie's the only model I know of who bugged SI till they hired her, that's more impressive then a cover to me.

SI: "Sorry Josie, you aren't what we're looking for"

Josie: (selfie pics sent to SI) "Hi yeah... you should take a look at these and hire me.. good. ttyl"

SI: (next day phone call) "Hi Josie! We loved the pics, wanna be in the magazine....? please"

Josie: "Sure as long as I can do next year with Terry Richardson aka the guy who will help to make my career... thanks"

SI: "Done... welcome to the SI family"

4 Years Later...

SI: "Hey Josie, we'd love to have you back another year"

Josie: "Oh... that's awesome, thanks for giving me a platform to launch my movie, video game, music video and cosmetics company from, but... merc out..."

You're right, but since she's the most deserving of any SI model imo and my all-time fave, my heart still yearns to see her in that collection of covers. But whatever, I love her now more than ever. 

I didn't realise they turned her down at first, though. Sometimes I really wonder about the standards of SI...

^ They didn't want her at first because of how young she looked at the time. The second year she had gained weight and had a bad feeling she wouldn't be brought back, so she took more selfies to show them she was ready even though they had doubts, once they saw the pics they brought back yet again and asked her for a 3rd. This is one of the selifies.

0VjhnCT.png

Welcome to the power of Josie katchiup. She's as amazing of a person irl as she is beautiful. She's invited fans to her house and took them out to dinner (Shyian), she offered to pay for my (and Pheno's if she wanted to go) flight to LA (first class) to attend a taping of Dancing with the Stars and put me up in a nice hotel for a couple of days, or I could stay with her if I wanted and every time I've worked on her projects she was always very grateful and kind about it.

And her makeup is the best ever... I refuse to use anything else now.

^say what? How did that come about??? Did you just get together with a group of other fans and just straight up ask or? That is AMAZINGLY sweet, I've never heard of a model, or a celebrity for that matter every going that far for fans.. :wub:

I've always thought she was beautiful, but I've only ever seen her more recent modeling work/business skincare stuff etc. Now I gotta go check out some of that older stuff, DAYUM :D :D

Welcome to the power of Josie katchiup. She's as amazing of a person irl as she is beautiful. She's invited fans to her house and took them out to dinner (Shyian), she offered to pay for my (and Pheno's if she wanted to go) flight to LA (first class) to attend a taping of Dancing with the Stars and put me up in a nice hotel for a couple of days, or I could stay with her if I wanted and every time I've worked on her projects she was always very grateful and kind about it.

And her makeup is the best ever... I refuse to use anything else now.

Jealous <3

Love me some Josie.

Josie is the reason I fell in love with models. Still remember seeing her pictures in SI and it changed me.

Longtime lurker first time poster in the SI thread btw lol forgive me :)

They only showed Emily R for .5 seconds... after all the buzz her butt drummed up for them a couple weeks ago, they could have at least sprung for a full second.

yeah no kidding.  she got the least amount of time!!

btw, i see people have been complaining about samantha hoopes, but she's probably the rookie i'm most eager to see.  the other rookies are fairly well known and/or don't do much for me.

Some fantastic iconic covers we got there. To me the cover that always stands out the most and the one I remember is Tyra Banks' solo cover. I mean wow. Took her career to the next level as well as launched Russell James' career. Whenever I think SI I think of that cover. In recent years I stopped paying attention to SI. Due to all the athletes thing and after Beyonce got the cover it took away a lot of interest I had in SI. But I love the line up this year. A few girls I wouldn't have chosen but overall great cast this year.

They only showed Emily R for .5 seconds... after all the buzz her butt drummed up for them a couple weeks ago, they could have at least sprung for a full second.

yeah no kidding.  she got the least amount of time!!

btw, i see people have been complaining about samantha hoopes, but she's probably the rookie i'm most eager to see.  the other rookies are fairly well known and/or don't do much for me.

She looks fine in the preview pictures, but go Google her. I don't know if it is the facial structure of her lower jaw, her freckles, or just regular sun damage, but she looks MUCH older than 23 in other photos.

A good friend of mine ran a fansite dedicated to Josie, and on the website he had an extremely rare video of Josie and Wentworth Miller (not BeBe, the actual movie called the Confession). Apparently Josie was checking out the website, saw he had the video and contacted him about getting a copy (the video was hard to get at the time). When Shy found it was actually Josie they started talking back and forth every now and then about his site; this went on for a couple of years.

Then Josie was starting up her cosmetics company, so my friend knowing I had a background in website coding and design asked me to submit a sample website for Josie... I did and she loved it so I was asked to help build her site.

Finally Josie got a chance to be on Dancing with the Stars and she needed some help with a couple of projects. She asked us if we could help, so we did and she began calling us a couple times a week to touch base with what was going on.

Long story short we helped Josie and she was so happy with the results she asked we would like to go to a taping of Dancing with the Stars (she knew she was getting kicked off 1st cut... she didn't want to be on any longer), offered to pay for our flight, hotels, or we could stay with her.

The rest is history.

This is Josie and Shy at her house: (a tad drunk the both of them)

1zpkzo7.jpg

10s8axw.jpg