Bellazon

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Michael*

^

My boyfriend said he saw a fan-made video of that on youtube a couple years ago, this was never in the comics, just something a fan decided to do. So Bryan Singer used the idea?  I%20dont%20know.gif

It's possible, but it could quite easily just be coincidence, the X-Men series has always been big on tie-ins with various historical and political events.

Anna Paquin cut from 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past'

Despite only filming a short scene for the film, Paquin, who plays Rogue in the franchise, has been removed from the film which will be released in the spring. Director Bryan Singer explained he had to remove the True Blood actress' scene due to time constraints.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, he said: "Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous. It's a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin, the Rogue character was in. Even though she's in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won't appear in it."

The director stated Paquin was "awesome in the sequence" and he would work with her again "in a heartbeat", adding "She completely understood. It's very disappointing, but she's very professional and she knows that stuff happens, particularly with material you shoot early on in production. Films evolve."

The film, released by Marvel through 20th Century Fox will unite Bryan Singer's original X-Men cast and their younger counterparts from 2011's Matthew Vaughn-directed prequel X-Men: First Class. The forthcoming film is based on Chris Claremont and John Byrne's acclaimed 1980s storyline and will see Professor Xavier send Wolverine back in time to help prevent the eruption of an apocalyptic war.

Michael Fassbender and Ian McKellen will play Magneto in different time periods, with James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart doing the same for Professor X. The cast also includes Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen Page, Nicholas Hoult and Halle Berry reprising their X-Men roles, with Game Of Thrones star Peter Dinklage among new cast additions. The film will be released in the UK on May 22, 2014.

:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Our first look at Evan Peters as Quicksilver..

post-83690-0-1446012805-25341_thumb.jpg

A lot of comic fans aren't too impressed with what Quicksilver is wearing but most aren't impressed with Bryan Singer and his work with comic movies anyway. What I want to know will they acknowledge Quicksilver as Magneto's son in this movie, or will he just be some mutant that helps them?

Source: comicbookmovie.com

• 3 weeks later...

I recognize only 11.  I have no idea what the rest are..

All of them have been a part of the comics at one point or another but some are rather obscure, there were a couple I had to look up. :ninja: For quick reference...

L-R - Prototype Sentinel, Havok, young Toad, young Stryker, Bolivar Trask, Mystique, Beast, Quicksilver, young Magneto, young Xavier, Wolverine, Bryan Singer, Wolverine II, old Xavier, old Magneto, Storm, Rogue (who’s not now going to be in the movie :unsure:), Warpath, Kitty Pride, Sunspot, Blink, Iceman, Bishop, Colossus and future Sentinel.

^ They're all part of the comics but here ya go it includes their powers based of the comics which have all be compiled on this wonderful website which is the Marvel wikia page but you never know which one the producers will pick so this isn't really all that reliable because if the producers were to include all the powers then basically they'd all look invincible which they are not

GOOD

Havoc - Was in the 2011 movie, his powers include Ambient Energy Conversion, Plasma Emantation, Flight, Heat Immunity and Radiation Immunity. He's portrayed by Lucas Till.

Warpath - He's a newbie to the cast and he's never been featured in any of the films before, and his powers include Superhumanly Acute Senses, Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Speed, Superhuman Stamina, Superhuman Durability, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes, Flight and Apache Shaman Abilities. He's portrayed by Boo Boo Stewart. 

Kitty Pride - Has been in the movies before, known in the comics as Shadowcat. Her powers include Phasing/Intangibility, Selective Intangibility, Elemental Intangibility, Physical Disruption, Noncorpereal Physiology, Air and Water Talking, Phasing/Intangibility Extension, Camouflage, Shadow Camouflage, Electronic Disruption, Telepathic Resistance and Cloaking. Portrayed by Ellen Page.

Quicksilver - He is Magneto's son, Scarlett Witch is his sister, however she's not included in this film, but she will be in the Avengers one. He's a newbie, his powers include Speed Physiology, Superhuman Speed, Molecular Destabilization, Superhuman Strength, Enhanced Durability, and Believed Precognitive Immunity. He's portrayed by Evan Peters.

Sunspot - Interestingly enough was supposed to be in the First Class film, but was subsequently removed but he's a newbie in this one. His powers include Evolution, Superhuman Conditioning, Superhuman Stamina, Superhuman Strength, Enhanced Durability, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes, Superhuman Speed, Flight, Self-Sufficiency, Superhuman Regeneration, Solar Energy Manipulation, Energy Absorption, Heat and Light Absorption, Photokinesis, Thermokinesis, Fire Manipulation, Radiation Control, Plasma Manipulation and Decelerated Aging (quite some powers don't you think?). He's portrayed by Adan Canto.

Blink - Newbie to the cast, her power is solely teleportation. Portrayed by Fan BingBing 

Iceman - Not new, relatively quite old in terms of how many of the movies he's been in. Powers include Thermokinesis, Thermal Vision, Cyrokinesis, Organic Ice Form, Hydrokinesis, Molecular Moisture Inversion, Molecular Moisture Conversion and Ice Clone Generation. He's portrayed by Shawn Ashmore.

Bishop - Newbie. His powers are Energy Absorption, Concussive Blasts, Accelerated Healing, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Speed, Enhanced Stamina, Enhanced Endurance, Near Invulnerability, Energy Resistance and Cybernetic Arm. He's portrayed by Omar Sy.

VILLIANS

Young Toad - We've had older Toad in the films before, this is basically his younger self. Powers include Superhuman leaping, Flexible Bone Structure, Superhuman Stamina, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes, UV/Infrared Vision, Prehensile Tongue, Pheromone Secretion, Acidic Saliva, Paralytic Resin, Superhuman Respiratory System and Amphibian Control. He's portrayed by Evan Jonigkeit.

Young Stryker - He's also been in a few of the films, the older version though, so like Toad this is the younger version. He's powerless and just hates mutants. He's portrayed by Josh Helman.

Bolivar Trask - I think he's been in a few of the movies? Probably not major. Anyways he's the main antagonist for this film, and wants to kill the mutants. He's portrayed by Peter Dinklage.

Problem is most of these characters are kind of bum anyway, despite the fact they're pretty major at the same time in the comics but clearly don't get the love in the films. Except for Quicksilver since he's mainly known for his Avengers time. 

^^

Thank you..

, Havok, young Toad, young Stryker, Bolivar Trask, , Quicksilver, , Warpath, Kitty Pride, Sunspot, Blink, Iceman, Bishop

I have not heard of these X-men characters before.  They must be, as you say, obscure and unpopular.  That being said, they must individually have very little face-time since there are so many of them.

As promised via assorted Vine and Instagram teases, the 25 Empire Magazine covers have been revealed (to rather mixed reactions from fans, it would seem). I wonder what that bloke in the 12th pic's superpower will be? :p

post-83690-0-1446012809-31241_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-32172_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-3279_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-33387_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-33883_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-34342_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-3476_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-35863_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-37748_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-38808_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-40438_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-4107_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-41843_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-43271_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-45157_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-46046_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-47436_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-48748_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-5002_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-51292_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-51944_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-54183_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-54884_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-55565_thumb.jpg post-83690-0-1446012809-56225_thumb.jpg

Man, some of these pictures are terrible. I hate the Quicksilver one, they are taking his name far too seriously.. Why is young Charles standing, unless it's an astral projection?

I can't wait to see Michael's Magneto and Ian's come face to face. Both do an amazing job with the character.

Man, some of these pictures are terrible. I hate the Quicksilver one, they are taking his name far too seriously.. Why is young Charles standing, unless it's an astral projection?

Could be an astral projection, could be that the movie will be set in an alternate reality or even that Wolverine goes back to a point in time before Charles lost the use of his legs. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in a different way in this one, though. Depending on how many movies they're planning on making in the future, 'Xavier gets paralyzed' could be to the X-Men franchise what 'oh my god, they killed Kenny' was to South Park. :laugh:

Yeah, Quicksilver and the 'future' Sentinel variation have been the target of something approaching widespread ridicule up to now. The designs for Bishop and Wolverine however are receiving praise across the board.

I can't wait to see Michael's Magneto and Ian's come face to face. Both do an amazing job with the character.

Fox has just released a number of new pictures from the set. Sadly there's no sign of a Magneto face-off just yet, but there is a glimpse of McAvoy and Stewart together. :yes:

post-20523-0-1446012810-83143_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-83915_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-84644_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-85346_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-86034_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-86719_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-87365_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-8853_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-89229_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-89922_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-90583_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-91118_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-91567_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-92063_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-9255_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-93046_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-93516_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-94009_thumb.jpg post-20523-0-1446012810-94487_thumb.jpg

^ I really hate Magneto's cape. It looks ridiculous. I prefer a long cape, something that flows in the breeze - like Superman and Batman. But Bryan Singer thinks capes are stupid which makes me wonder why they keep asking this dude to direct comic movies. He hates capes, doesn't read comics, hates Marvel studios.  :idk:

Yea, I don't know who he was...I do recognize the others though.  Is Wolverine the most popular X-men?  I like the X-men comics that focus around him.  The others I am not so familiar with.

"Stryker" is also the name of US arms manufacturer that produces armored cars and other things.

Did you mean to include Iceman in that list?  :o
He was one of the original X-Men in issue 1 of the comic (along with Cyclops, Jean-Grey, Beast and a few others)! I thought everyone knew him  :chicken:

Also, something Raf didn't mention - Stryker was the lead of the Weapon X program (fused adamantium to Wolverine, etc). He was a prominent character in both X-Men 2 and the first Wolverine film

Wow, Raf thank you.  You really are the BZ Expert.. :flower:  :heythere:

^ They're all part of the comics but here ya go it includes their powers based of the comics which have all be compiled on this wonderful website which is the Marvel wikia page but you never know which one the producers will pick so this isn't really all that reliable because if the producers were to include all the powers then basically they'd all look invincible which they are not

GOOD

Havoc - Was in the 2011 movie, his powers include Ambient Energy Conversion, Plasma Emantation, Flight, Heat Immunity and Radiation Immunity. He's portrayed by Lucas Till.

Warpath - He's a newbie to the cast and he's never been featured in any of the films before, and his powers include Superhumanly Acute Senses, Superhuman Strength, Superhuman Speed, Superhuman Stamina, Superhuman Durability, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes, Flight and Apache Shaman Abilities. He's portrayed by Boo Boo Stewart. 

Kitty Pride - Has been in the movies before, known in the comics as Shadowcat. Her powers include Phasing/Intangibility, Selective Intangibility, Elemental Intangibility, Physical Disruption, Noncorpereal Physiology, Air and Water Talking, Phasing/Intangibility Extension, Camouflage, Shadow Camouflage, Electronic Disruption, Telepathic Resistance and Cloaking. Portrayed by Ellen Page.

Quicksilver - He is Magneto's son, Scarlett Witch is his sister, however she's not included in this film, but she will be in the Avengers one. He's a newbie, his powers include Speed Physiology, Superhuman Speed, Molecular Destabilization, Superhuman Strength, Enhanced Durability, and Believed Precognitive Immunity. He's portrayed by Evan Peters.

Sunspot - Interestingly enough was supposed to be in the First Class film, but was subsequently removed but he's a newbie in this one. His powers include Evolution, Superhuman Conditioning, Superhuman Stamina, Superhuman Strength, Enhanced Durability, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes, Superhuman Speed, Flight, Self-Sufficiency, Superhuman Regeneration, Solar Energy Manipulation, Energy Absorption, Heat and Light Absorption, Photokinesis, Thermokinesis, Fire Manipulation, Radiation Control, Plasma Manipulation and Decelerated Aging (quite some powers don't you think?). He's portrayed by Adan Canto.

Blink - Newbie to the cast, her power is solely teleportation. Portrayed by Fan BingBing 

Iceman - Not new, relatively quite old in terms of how many of the movies he's been in. Powers include Thermokinesis, Thermal Vision, Cyrokinesis, Organic Ice Form, Hydrokinesis, Molecular Moisture Inversion, Molecular Moisture Conversion and Ice Clone Generation. He's portrayed by Shawn Ashmore.

Bishop - Newbie. His powers are Energy Absorption, Concussive Blasts, Accelerated Healing, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Speed, Enhanced Stamina, Enhanced Endurance, Near Invulnerability, Energy Resistance and Cybernetic Arm. He's portrayed by Omar Sy.

VILLIANS

Young Toad - We've had older Toad in the films before, this is basically his younger self. Powers include Superhuman leaping, Flexible Bone Structure, Superhuman Stamina, Superhuman Agility, Superhuman Reflexes, UV/Infrared Vision, Prehensile Tongue, Pheromone Secretion, Acidic Saliva, Paralytic Resin, Superhuman Respiratory System and Amphibian Control. He's portrayed by Evan Jonigkeit.

Young Stryker - He's also been in a few of the films, the older version though, so like Toad this is the younger version. He's powerless and just hates mutants. He's portrayed by Josh Helman.

Bolivar Trask - I think he's been in a few of the movies? Probably not major. Anyways he's the main antagonist for this film, and wants to kill the mutants. He's portrayed by Peter Dinklage.

Problem is most of these characters are kind of bum anyway, despite the fact they're pretty major at the same time in the comics but clearly don't get the love in the films. Except for Quicksilver since he's mainly known for his Avengers time.