Bellazon

Athiests vs. Agnostics vs. Theist

AnaBBarrosFan

..... God is God. So God can do whatever God wants.

I have a soft spot in my dark and brittle heart for evil entities. And like you said, the devil does seem to have much more fun. Being a heathen is really fun, so fuck it!

If I am going to hell, I want to be the shittiest person I can be. Thank you all for enabling me. :flower:

My point is not focused on children. My point is, just because bad things happen to good people doesn't show evidence that God doesn't exist and that if he does exist, he'll send them to heaven if they suffer.

And Ana, I did say he does things because he can.

Why not? Why can't you explain to me why God thinks it's totally dandy to let babies be born with terminal and painful diseases when they haven't even had a chance to sin?

I didn't want to post anything in this thread because I feel like I cannot engage in discussions where there are 2 opposing sides strongly sticking to their views :wacko: I cringe every time my dad incorporates anything religion-related when talking with my grandma.

I decided to post because your questions reminded me of an interview with a priest who works in a hospice for children. He was asked how parents react when their kids die and what is their relation to God after that. That priest recalled a situation when a father of a child who died took a cross off of a wall and smashed it on the priest's head. The priest said he understood the father's reaction and he said himself that he also has a very hard time explaining why such things (children being seriously ill and dying) happen. If it's even possible to explain that cause he can't.

I guess dreamss is the closest with the answer-testing humans' faith? Or you just believe that everything happens for a reason, whether it's logical or not.

My point is not focused on children. My point is, just because bad things happen to good people doesn't show evidence that God doesn't exist and that if he does exist, he'll send them to heaven if they suffer.

Why not? Why can't you explain to me why God thinks it's totally dandy to let babies be born with terminal and painful diseases when they haven't even had a chance to sin?

I didn't want to post anything in this thread because I feel like I cannot engage in discussions where there are 2 opposing sides strongly sticking to their views :wacko: I cringe every time my dad incorporates anything religion-related when talking with my grandma.

I decided to post because your questions reminded me of an interview with a priest who works in a hospice for children. He was asked how parents react when their kids die and what is their relation to God after that. That priest recalled a situation when a father of a child who died took a cross off of a wall and smashed it on the priest's head. The priest said he understood the father's reaction and he said himself that he also has a very hard time explaining why such things (children being seriously ill and dying) happen. If it's even possible to explain that cause he can't.

I guess dreamss is the closest with the answer-testing humans' faith? Or you just believe that everything happens for a reason, whether it's logical or not.

I completely understand religion can help enrich the lives of those who want or need it. I have no problems with faith. I have a problem with people who automaically answer God for any unaswerable question. My family believes and I have no issue with them but they understand that people like myself and most of my friends believe in no such thing. I can't say there is NO higher force than caused us into being. It could be energy. It could be "God". I just simply do not think a father like figure put us on this ball of dirt and judges us for what we do or do not do. I cannot nor do I want to believe in a higher power that can be so cruel to let innocent children suffer or let people be raped or murdered.

We all have different views on the subject and I understand your dilemma with your father. But you unlike some people, know how to logically hold a discussion and for that I applaud you!

Faith is the strongest thing in the world... I believe everything happens for a reason, and that reason is God's decision.

I so appreciate your whole post.

Because he can? Because he is testing human beings' faith in him? Don't worry about those kids... they're having a fun time in heaven.

So that somehow makes it totally cool that someone raped an infant and ruptured it's internal organs here on earth because now he gets to suckle on golden teat in heaven? No.

The sort of God who uses innocent suffering to test faith is nothing I want to believe in (not that I do to begin with). But if you conscience is clear believing in someone like that, I honestly think I'm a better person than you.

The priest said he understood the father's reaction and he said himself that he also has a very hard time explaining why such things (children being seriously ill and dying) happen. If it's even possible to explain that cause he can't.

The fundamental difference is the fact that the religious believe that human beings are something special, and they have 'souls'. Agnostics/Atheists and evolutionary biologists accept the fact that human beings are just higher-developed animals and their death is just another occurrence on planet earth. It's not good or bad, nature is indifferent- genetic disorders and diseases get spread. God is not intentionally destroying or rewarding children; it isn't there.

The priest said he understood the father's reaction and he said himself that he also has a very hard time explaining why such things (children being seriously ill and dying) happen. If it's even possible to explain that cause he can't.

The fundamental difference is the fact that the religious believe that human beings are something special, and they have 'souls'. Agnostics/Atheists and evolutionary biologists accept the fact that human beings are just higher-developed animals and their death is just another occurrence on planet earth. It's not good or bad, nature is indifferent- genetic disorders and diseases get spread.

Everything in this post is right.

I am the latter, obviously.

Because he can? Because he is testing human beings' faith in him? Don't worry about those kids... they're having a fun time in heaven.

So that somehow makes it totally cool that someone raped an infant and ruptured it's internal organs here on earth because now he gets to suckle on golden teat in heaven? No.

wft I never said that. Why did u decide to twist my words around?

The person that raped the kid is going to be severely punished by God. What I mean about the children going to heaven is, children don't do sins. Whatever they do before they reach puberty is for free. So if they die, they're going to heaven.

The fundamental difference is the fact that the religious believe that human beings are something special, and they have 'souls'. Agnostics/Atheists and evolutionary biologists accept the fact that human beings are just higher-developed animals and their death is just another occurrence on planet earth. It's not good or bad, nature is indifferent- genetic disorders and diseases get spread. God is not intentionally destroying or rewarding children; it isn't there.

THANK YOU CULT!

I was trying to find a clip of a comedian talking why Heaven isn't for everybody, specifically dealing with Muslim women. Can't find it, but I'll explain it as best as I can remember it. He said in the Muslim world, they tell their daughters "Be a good little girl. You will never how to read, write or drive, and when you go to heaven you will be a sex slave to a terrorist". :( :ermm: Maybe never learning how to read or write is a cultural thing, but many Islamic countries tend to treat their women badly. :/

One of Africa's most powerful lawyer is a Muslim woman. I'm pretty sure she went to school. Pretty sure they didn't ask her and all the others to wait for their terrorit husbands

I'm saying this as some exposed to both Islam and Christianity, stop buying the bullshit they selling you and go do the research yourself. I'm generally speaking

No need for that. The prophet Muhammed's wife was a successful business woman. She was an independent woman actually. One of the richest in her area. So saying Islam basically says women should be imprisoned at home is not valid

Like I said, the guy was a comedian. I also, was exposed to both Islam and Christianity. My mom read the Koran when she was young and liked the names so much she named me and my brother and sister on that side names in the book. Many of my cousins have Muslim names as well. Remember, I said some of those countries have a cultural practice, you know like female circumcision, women have to wear burkas, having arraigned marriages; etc. I know for a fact that in Saudi Arabia, women are banned from driving. A woman in Nigeria was sentenced to be stoned to death in 2002 for adultery and having a child out of wedlock by a Islamic Sharia court. The man was never charged. She was later freed on appeal. Gulanz, a Afgani woman was raped by her husband's cousin in 2009 and became pregnant. She was then charged with adultery, and under Sharia law she was sentened to two years in jail, then it went up to twelve. Only after Human rights group got involved she was given a pardon. On a more positive note, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Brunei had women athletes on their Olympic teams for the first time And lets remember, there are forms of Islam, the Shia and the Sunni. I think the Shia are a little more strict in their Islamic belief, and the Sunni a little more lenient. There is a possibilty that a Muslim country might host the Olympic games in 2020. Tokyo, Madrid, and Istanbul, Turkey are in the running. Turkey is a predominately Muslim country, Sunni to be exact. Turkey is a member of the European Union, and the only Muslim country to be a member of NATO. Even the superstar basketball player Kobe Bryant promotes Turkish Airlines.

Remember, I was talking about the counties were the majority of the people are of the Islamic faith, not the Islamic faith of itself. I don't think it's in the Quran, but was I wrong about that when men get to heaven,they get 72 virgins? And to Dreamss and Track, my best guess is that you both live in Westernized countries, right?

wft I never said that. Why did u decide to twist my words around?

The person that raped the kid is going to be severely punished by God. What I mean about the children going to heaven is, children don't do sins. Whatever they do before they reach puberty is for free. So if they die, they're going to heaven.

But God allowed it to happen. On earth, that rapist had every opportunity in the world, and that baby lived to be raped and die from internal hemorrhaging. I don't give a shit about heaven or hell, I care about what people suffered here on Earth.

As far as puberty: What about that 10 year old that raped and beat his little sister to death? Does he get a get out of hell free card?

But to say people who don't believe in God are ignorant or simply "in the dark" is fucking idiotic

Sweet pie, they are in the dark. Shorry.

Still waiting for a logical explanation about how it all started. Funny how it all makes sense and everyone agrees that it makes sense until we reach the part where they need to explain how it all started. Now that part shall continue having theories upon theories, and scientists shall keep proving one another wrong. Nothingness can't create something babe, our brains are too advanced to believe that shit. People don't believe magic and miracles and a higher being but they believe in the universe just happening?

And unless you tell me, how religion spoke about science centuries ago even before mankind's knowledge got to his ass -things great logical scientists researched and believe themselves- I shall continue worshiping God. Oh and do scientists know how plant seeds were created? No sarcasm, I'm curious.

If there is a God, I still wouldn't give three shits about him/her. I would rather rot in the fiery pits of hell being torn apart by hell hounds than bask in the glory that is God.

No chum, you'd rather not, not if you read the description of hell fire. You only say that because you think there isn't hell

post-61443-0-1446174778-96375_thumb.gif

Oh so you believe in God simply because it gives you answers to shit you don't understand?

No. I just want you to prove me wrong. But not holding my breath

Oh so you believe in God simply because it gives you answers to shit you don't understand?

Didn't you say this wasn't the thread for you and happy holidays? :rofl:

I mean, I've made that mistake before too, but you seem like the type who sticks to their guns... no matter how illogical they may seem...

Didn't you say this wasn't the thread for you and happy holidays? :rofl:

I mean, I've made that mistake before too, but you seem like the type who sticks to their guns... no matter how illogical they may seem...

I'm hoping she is holding her breath to be honest.

Well "sweetie pie",for some of us "GOD" is not the go to response for all unsolved question. But you keep doing that, if it makes you happy.

I personally favor the invisible Pink Unicorn Theory.

Google it, the IPU manifesto might sway you.