Bellazon

Athiests vs. Agnostics vs. Theist

AnaBBarrosFan

Most Christians in the 200s could not even read, let alone think allegorically without some confabulating help. The crisis with agnostics and the Christian God stems from the fact that he is precisely scrutable and without dignity, not intelligent, and too much like a highly flawed common man. The all knowing would rationally be beyond such a station.

The type of God image does not really matter if the notion I was trying to refute was the use of string theory to disprove theism.

As for the science vs. religion debate, you could do what some Christians have been able to since (at least) the second century AD: read much of scripture allegorically.

Specifically (in a discussion about the origin of life and the universe): Genesis.

It is interesting as what a disorganized mis-mash of the past and present religion can be. In the Buddhist texts, there are some doctrines that resemble a very coarse and limited understanding of modern neuroscience accumulated through centuries of meditation, experimentation, and religious observation by their religious classes. There are even some practicing Buddhists that consider the religion a total farce, but see buddhist practices worth emulating and life-enhancing.

But to say people who don't believe in God are ignorant or simply "in the dark" is fucking idiotic

Sweet pie, they are in the dark. Shorry.

Still waiting for a logical explanation about how it all started. Funny how it all makes sense and everyone agrees that it makes sense until we reach the part where they need to explain how it all started. Now that part shall continue having theories upon theories, and scientists shall keep proving one another wrong. Nothingness can't create something babe, our brains are too advanced to believe that shit. People don't believe magic and miracles and a higher being but they believe in the universe just happening?

And unless you tell me, how religion spoke about science centuries ago even before mankind's knowledge got to his ass -things great logical scientists researched and believe themselves- I shall continue worshiping God. Oh and do scientists know how plant seeds were created? No sarcasm, I'm curious.

If there is a God, I still wouldn't give three shits about him/her. I would rather rot in the fiery pits of hell being torn apart by hell hounds than bask in the glory that is God.

No chum, you'd rather not, not if you read the description of hell fire. You only say that because you think there isn't hell

post-42950-0-1446174776-2391_thumb.gif

Oh so you believe in God simply because it gives you answers to shit you don't understand?

Well now I have some insight on how your mind works.

Why there are as many fit/young/healthy people dying as there are sick/unhealthy?

God: Perfect answer.

Man: Well... Hmmm. Ok we don't know yet but blah, blah, blah.

LMAO God if the perfect answer? Shit, I'll go to the oncology ward and tell them God is making them suffer here just so they can be shiny and new in Heaven.

Gotcha. You really are a wonderful magical person. You are kinda like the Unicorn of humans.,

Why there are as many fit/young/healthy people dying as there are sick/unhealthy?

LMAO God if the perfect answer? Shit, I'll go to the oncology ward and tell them God is making them suffer here just so they can be shiny and new in Heaven.

Gotcha. You really are a wonderful magical person. You are kinda like the Unicorn of humans.,

while you're there, ask them if they did shitty things before they became sick. He could be making them suffer because they were being bad boys and girls. Or just because he can. :whistle: He doesn't promise anyone heaven just because they fall ill. That's common sense. That is if you know a thing about religion in the first place.

while you're there, ask them if they did shitty things before they became sick. He could be making them suffer because they were being bad boys and girls. Or just because he can. :whistle: He doesn't promise anyone heaven just because they fall ill. That's common sense. That is if you know a thing about religion in the first place.

I was raised Catholic, I know a thing or two about contrition and endless guilt. SOOOOOOO you are telling me children are suffering because they ate a cookie when their mom told them not to? Man, and I thought I tended to overreact.

Shit, God sucks balls.

My point is not focused on children. My point is, just because bad things happen to good people doesn't show evidence that God doesn't exist and that if he does exist, he'll send them to heaven if they suffer.

And Ana, I did say he does things because he can.

My point is not focused on children. My point is, just because bad things happen to good people doesn't show evidence that God doesn't exist and that if he does exist, he'll send them to heaven if they suffer.

Why not? Why can't you explain to me why God thinks it's totally dandy to let babies be born with terminal and painful diseases when they haven't even had a chance to sin?

Sure everyone is born with "original sin" but so do people who can become "saved" by praying or believing. Why do babies not get that chance and you do?

Why not? Why can't you explain to me why God thinks it's totally dandy to let babies be born with terminal and painful diseases when they haven't even had a chance to sin?

Because he can? Because he is testing human beings' faith in him? Don't worry about those kids... they're having a fun time in heaven.