Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I ask it every year and this year is no exception:

Favorite Segments:

Least Favorite Segments:

Your standout models:

Meh! could of been better:

Models that made you o.O:

Rants

Raves

LoLz

Favorite Outfits: (pics please)

Least Favorite Outfits: (pics please)

Optional Segment Breakdown

Circus -

Silver Screen -

Dangerous Liaisons -

Calender Girls -

Pink -

Angels in Bloom -

I demand Barron commentary mkay, thanks

And because some of you might need an ear cleansing from the Circus Segments butchering of two classics.

]

You're welcome

I must say I was VERY pleased. This show equals 2007 in post-production and themes. Having said that:

Favorite segment: Circus and Silver Screen Goddesses (I never thought the latter would look so effing nice on TV! )

Least favorite segment: Bloom (music was completely off and the models were like stoned)

Best -as usual- familiar model: Izabel Goulart

All-around Goddess: Alessandra (of course)

Best up and coming: Magda Frackowiak

Waste of runway space: Dorothea (what was she doing there)

Funny moment: Erin having to leave without her hat on... I thought she was going to cry, she was just like a little girl LOL

Not the best year for them: Behati (looks old and worn out), Adriana (I love her but her time is over)

Good year for them: Doutzen (wow she looks hot), Miranda (she shone more last year but still good), Lindsay (for somebody who started as 'the ugly one' she has improved a lot)

Too bad they edited out Karlie's native american costume. I mean WTH!!!! It ruined the whole Calendar theme by not having November.

Bieber was not a good addition to the show. this has got to be the worst PINK segment I've seen (the best being 2007). Then again all for the little girlies to run out and buy bras....

"Kinda" missed Maryna Linchuk but the show was so good. Anne V was not missed.

Although the Xmas themed runways were overdone in the early 2000s I think it was a staple element of the VS shows that they have been losing.

I think next year they should bring in Kasia Struss (younger Behati) and Bette Franke as models.

Overall, 8.5/10 (being 2003 a 10/10 and 2008 a 6/10)

the show wasn't as good as I expected. Circus and Silver Screen were very good for me, but the rest were meh. Pink wasn't that bad though.

I'm just so pissed about how they never concentrate on the girls' walks anymore. The camera didn't even stay on Adriana during the opening, like, uh? And it was over. Barbara F was trying to do a fierce walk and then Bruno's little people spoiled it all. I can't think of any strong walk in the show. Would have to walk it again. I did want to shoot Riri's legs so she could never close a show again.

The commercials were all bad. So try-hard. Like, really stop. I think Candice and Adriana were the only ones with their own little segment, right? Adriana's being about her commercials. And Candice's being about how much of a phenomenon she is.

Ha. Candice is everywhere. As if... I bet Miranda was cursing them so badly :laugh: If scoring a couple of high fashion (not even mainstream) covers and campaigns is what "everywhere" means, then smh at them. I can't wait for Adriana and Ale and even Miranda to leave. Lets see if people will give a shit about the angels.

And boy were Chanel fans mad. Ya'll should read the tweets :rofl:

Adriana aint going nowhere. Even though I wouldn't mind if she leaves now. I feel secondhand embarrassment for Ale. It's like she wasn't even there. Mirand looked wonderful but was featured in the show like any other model. Like she isn't even angel.

After watching it the first time I wasn't impressed. But upon watching it again I eased up a little and realised all in all the show wasn't that bad. As always we wanna compare to 05 but it's never gonna happen. While the worst show for me will always be 09, this show is definitely not the best but not the worst either. I felt last years show was better in terms of the fluidity of the editing. But the themes this year and model choices (not all Pink girls) were great.

To me as always the standouts of the Angels were Miranda and Doutzen. They are just so great on the runway. This is Doutzen's best year in a long time. And Miranda had more spark to her then she did last year. Lindsay also was a very pleasant suprise. I've never been a huge fan of hers but her body is more curvier and she is very simple but wonderful. As for non Angels I thought Frida, Barbara F and Magdalena were amazing.

I loved Circus, Calendar Girls and Silver Screen Angels. Usually I hate slow music on a runway but the outfits and lighting just worked so well with the song. My fav segment from the show. Worst would be Pink. It was just a complete mess. Justin Beiber should have never been at the show. His performance was terrible and he was a really bad choice.

Overall I thought it was ok. Like all shows it has rewatch value.

My fav outfits

post-22010-0-52081800-1354717586_thumb.jpost-22010-0-31562900-1354717598_thumb.jpost-22010-0-99420500-1354717634_thumb.jpost-22010-0-44297400-1354717647_thumb.j

Bad outfits

post-22010-0-34636000-1354717681_thumb.jpost-22010-0-45206400-1354717700_thumb.jpost-22010-0-46230100-1354717719_thumb.jpost-22010-0-61813500-1354717730_thumb.j

I think Barbara looked out of place in the show. Her outfit looked too uncomfortable and made her look shorter than she is. The outfit would have probably looked better on a taller girl. And I LOLed when she walked like the stage was hers and she's been doing the show for a while.

Lindsay isn't really featured in the Christmas commercials much.

If that's the main Christmas commercial then i'm not impressed. It was dull and lacked the usual oomph the commercial has. There was no energy and it was all in the same place. They shot heaps more stuff.

^That and I think they need an hour and a half if they are going to have 50 billion girls and performers in all the segments and even segments just for the performers. Maybe two. If you have ADD though the show is perfect for you.

Some thoughts:

-Adriana: she didn't look good this year, plus her opening wasn't the best, she can do much better, I think it was caused because a lack of confidence.

-Behati: not a fan, I always thought she wasn't VS material, but I'm starting to think I was wrong. She can shine outside pink.

-Jessica Hart: no! she is not Pink material, I mean she is not a teenager anymore. And her opening could have been so amazing with that outfit and Bieber next to her, but she finally made a blah opening

-Shanam Diniz: a new fan here

-Bregje and Toni: they both shine last year but no this year.

-I surprised how little footage had Karlie and Frida, Frida just appeared in the runway and this year wasn't KK fashion show like last year was.

-Jacquelyn Jablonski: may be body-wise not VS material, but she can rock the runway. She looked amazing, she was one of the highlights this year for me

-Magda: no thanks, too much for me

-Jourdan: love her performance, It could be a major fail but she rock that robot dance

-Cara: thank god she wasn't a highlight this year

-Candice: they are selling her like she is the best thing that happened to them in the last years, because she is the best thing that happened to them. And I'm not a fan. She is the only one of the new angels who have the wow factor, I really sorry for Erin, Lindsay and Lily they seem sweethearts but no, they are boring as hell

- I really think they have to move on and say goodbye to Adriana and Ale

-I'm surprised they didn't say a thing about Ale, Lily and Adriana's maternity.

-Constance is a must!

Watching that little backstage Erin Heatherton drama I am a little confused and quite angry...Don't they at VS desire to create the most perfectly wonderful show which highlights all the models , most esp the VS Angels in the best possible light OR do they just want create unnecessary drama showing the girls in tears , quite hysterical ....I thought the very reason they taped the show TWICE was so that they could find the best possible footage of each model strutting the runway ......Cos if they were so concerned with Erin's festive hat ( that according to VS was crafted by hand ) they could have just pulled the footage from the first show when the photos showed her clearly wearing it....and not walking bareheaded with those hair clips sticking to her hair....I mean COME ON!!!!

Alessandra was completely screwed over and it's sad. I've always been indifferent about her, but both Adriana and Candice get their little segments and nothing for Alessandra after walking the show for 12 years? There was zero focus on her. I really don't know what they were thinking.

The show wasn't good at all. I liked the outfits in the Silver screen angels segment, they were beautiful. I loved how Doutzen looked, she really owned the night in my opinion.

They need to go back to the older days where the performers didn't steal all the spotlight? Half of the girls we didn't even get to see walk. They cut to the performers in the middle and cut back to them when they were at the end of the runway. I mean what the hell?

Adriana looked so average IMO. (And yes before everyone jumps on how she was trending. Of course she was. Arguably she's the most well known Angel there (considering how long she has been there) of course she would be trending). But I really don't know why the hell she even bothered to walk. Her opening was nothing special and short. You could tell even VS was too embarrassed to leave her unedited when it came to the outfit in red. They did such a poor job with it too.

btw, did we all see what miranda said about adriana during the glorified adriana segment? :brows: :brows: :brows: perhaps it was for show. But regardless.

The music was terrible.

I know barbara will make a great VS girl, but I honestly for some reason expected more from her during the show this year. Maybe because we've all been hyping her up on bellazon...she looked the part but her debut wasn't amazing.

Watching that little backstage Erin Heatherton drama I am a little confused and quite angry...Don't they at VS desire to create the most perfectly wonderful show which highlights all the models , most esp the VS Angels in the best possible light OR do they just want create unnecessary drama showing the girls in tears , quite hysterical ....I thought the very reason they taped the show TWICE was so that they could find the best possible footage of each model strutting the runway ......Cos if they were so concerned with Erin's festive hat ( that according to VS was crafted by hand ) they could have just pulled the footage from the first show when the photos showed her clearly wearing it....and not walking bareheaded with those hair clips sticking to her hair....I mean COME ON!!!!

It's all scripted. The first bloopers like Fernanda Tavares getting caught in her dress in 2003 and Poly's nailing the heel to the runway in 2005 were spontaneous. Things that were not expected. They liked it so much that in 2006 they came up with the 1st scripted blooper, Karolina Kurkova and her stewardess shoe coming off.

To JenkinssNa:

Thank you for the explanation about the outfit, though I've seen it being used in one too many beauty pageants and Lana del Rey also got some heat for wearing a war bonnet in her 'ride' video. Still cannot forget how pissed the Native American community was with that Outkast performance...

Having said that, imagine if the show had been live? Wow.