Bellazon

Vintage Model IDs

modelknowledge

1 hour ago, RocketQueen said:

Guys, do you happen to know which Latin country this cover of Julie Foster's from?

My friend I was searching for info for you and in 1973 begin the latinamerican editorials;but in the beginning,the same for two countries: Argentina and Mexico because Brasil had NOVA.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:42 AM, Chirkomania said:

WOOOW,You're right,thanks my friend :thumbs_up:and on top of that I can tell you this model acquire a certain popularity in Spain because she married an internationally renowned and famous Spanish tennis player in the '70s,called Manuel Santana (lasted from 1990 to 2008)

Thanks for the info! 😄

2 hours ago, Chirkomania said:

My friend I was searching for info for you and in 1973 begin the latinamerican editorials;but in the beginning,the same for two countries: Argentina and Mexico because Brasil had NOVA.

So, it's definitely not Spanish, right? I'll see how I'll list it in my archive. :)

8 minutes ago, RocketQueen said:

So, it's definitely not Spanish, right? I'll see how I'll list it in my archive. :)

Yes,yes definitely not Spanish my friend;because the price appears in dollars at the bottom of the cover.In Spain this editorial begin in 1976,but due the the explicit language and the contents of the magazine that were dealt with;immediately dissappeared from the market.The spanish women were not yet ready for this publication speaking so freely about sex and The average Spanish women was also not emancipated at that time.Back then it was 1976 and Spain had just emerged from a 37 years dictatorship.The mentality of the average woman was pretty different and that's why this editorial didn't fit at that time.It took more that a decade for it career to begin in 1991 it's journey and achieve success with the same context and language used in the another publications from USA,France,Italy,UK and Germany.

9 minutes ago, BlueAcadia said:

Can anyone recognize the model in the middle between one of @RocketQueen's fave models Ulli Steinmeier and Michelle Turley who keeps turning up...?... the model in BLUE....really familiar... ? (more info in file name)
  212778664_1986SeptLeiUlliSteinmeierMichelleTurleyTorrasofSpainClausWickrath(2).thumb.jpg.cc14ae866aaa989b5157b8e5b9da05d8.jpg

She is Theresa Morris my friend.:winky:

14 minutes ago, Chirkomania said:

Yes,yes definitely not Spanish my friend;because the price appears in dollars at the bottom of the cover.In Spain this editorial begin in 1976,but due the the explicit language and the contents of the magazine that were dealt with;immediately dissappeared from the market.The spanish women were not yet ready for this publication speaking so freely about sex and The average Spanish women was also not emancipated at that time.Back then it was 1976 and Spain had just emerged from a 37 years dictatorship.The mentality of the average woman was pretty different and that's why this editorial didn't fit at that time.It took more that a decade for it career to begin in 1991 it's journey and achieve success with the same context and language used in the another publications from USA,France,Italy,UK and Germany.

Wow! Nice to know! Thanks, my friend! :flower:

1 hour ago, Chirkomania said:

Thanks for this, it's not history that I understood before. :flower:

14 hours ago, RocketQueen said:

Guys, do you happen to know which Latin country this cover of Julie Foster's from?

Cosmopolitan-Magazine-2.thumb.jpg.db6db9761a33319fa314f5e5b0e90e96.jpg

The covers "En Español" are printed in USA or Mexico, but is from all countries in America who speak spanish (all of them, except Brazil). In my files I Id this covers with Latin America