Bellazon

Vintage Model IDs

modelknowledge

4 hours ago, missparker7 said:

"Strümpfe" - Brigitte Germany 19. September 1984 #20 by Sigrid Rothe

BrigitteDe190984no20__040.thumb.jpg.71b286f00c133be3f426f0e8d60a08a9.jpgBrigitteDe190984no20__041.thumb.jpg.d47d8e4a6b3e25a29c68a1ae8b81229a.jpg

Amanda

s-l1600 (27).jpg 7a.jpg 1994.jpg

Amanda is like Andrea Zuba, everywhere you look you find photos of her. Some models work a lot even without becoming very famous. image.png.094bf1588c2cd8e9752e5569451fba33.png

17 hours ago, parisienne said:

Amanda is like Andrea Zuba, everywhere you look you find photos of her. Some models work a lot even without becoming very famous. image.png.094bf1588c2cd8e9752e5569451fba33.png

I'm old enough that I fondly remember the mail order catalogues from the 70's and 80's.  I'd see the same women over the span of a decade or more and now wonder who they where.  It may not have been glamorous work but it was certainly steady.

18 hours ago, parisienne said:

Not all can grace covers like VOGUE, Bazaar, etc. And these small jobs had to be done also. Not every one could effort to pay a top model. Such jobs paid also bills. These are all beautiful women and without a big model agency in the back it´s much more hard. But maybe they had a more happier life than others who made it bigger and that´s what it counts in the end, I think.:)

12 minutes ago, missparker7 said:

Not all can grace covers like VOGUE, Bazaar, etc. And these small jobs had to be done also. Not every one could effort to pay a top model. Such jobs paid also bills. These are all beautiful women and without a big model agency in the back it´s much more hard. But maybe they had a more happier life than others who made it bigger and that´s what it counts in the end, I think.:)

I think the same.my passion for IDs also comes from my great interest in this type of models. image.png.40fd5db81349c7e32a101c6b0ea1171d.png

1 hour ago, Bride fan said:

I'm old enough that I fondly remember the mail order catalogues from the 70's and 80's.  I'd see the same women over the span of a decade or more and now wonder who they where.  It may not have been glamorous work but it was certainly steady.

Yes, I think these girls also made money without all the inconveniences of being famous!

1 hour ago, missparker7 said:

Indeed, even the top models in the 1970s-1980s were paid scale for magazine covers -- the covers primarily padded their portfolio book and enabled their agencies to leverage a higher hourly fee quote.  But catalogs work provided steady, good money even for big-name models such as Carol Alt, Joan Severance, etc.

And Catalogs work could be counted on a better working environment in the 1970s-1980s, than say, the more glamorous runway world:

* Less pressure; preparation chaos.

* Some were appalled at the quantity of cocaine, smoking, late-night partying, diet pills (and pressure to use) among fellow models, designers, photographers, and others in the industry.

* Sexual harassment was commonplace.

3 hours ago, Jim T said:

Indeed, even the top models in the 1970s-1980s were paid scale for magazine covers -- the covers primarily padded their portfolio book and enabled their agencies to leverage a higher hourly fee quote.  But catalogs work provided steady, good money even for big-name models such as Carol Alt, Joan Severance, etc.

And Catalogs work could be counted on a better working environment in the 1970s-1980s, than say, the more glamorous runway world:

* Less pressure; preparation chaos.

* Some were appalled at the quantity of cocaine, smoking, late-night partying, diet pills (and pressure to use) among fellow models, designers, photographers, and others in the industry.

* Sexual harassment was commonplace.

It's nice when you read about a model that eventually got a regular (more normal?) career, got married, had kids, STAYED married (and happily so), and generally had a happy and satisfying life.  It wasn't all bad I guess.

Does anyone know the name of this beautiful model from the 1988 Sears Spring Summer Catalog? I refer to the "main" model, not the models in the smaller images on the bottom left 🥰

ih.thumb.jpeg.73a83e1138bef0b9defeee99d02339bb.jpeg

Thanks in advance! ❤️ 

LINK BELOW:

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/ShowCatalogPage/1988-Sears-Spring-Summer-Catalog/0004

4 hours ago, Stamoholic said:

Does anyone know the name of this beautiful model from the 1988 Sears Spring Summer Catalog? I refer to the "main" model, not the models in the smaller images on the bottom left 🥰

ih.thumb.jpeg.73a83e1138bef0b9defeee99d02339bb.jpeg

Thanks in advance! ❤️ 

LINK BELOW:

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/ShowCatalogPage/1988-Sears-Spring-Summer-Catalog/0004

Marilee Jacobson

https://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/89898-marilee-jacobson/

- missparker7 scan

ScalaAdpetraDe0888.jpg.a8b6f7193b9e641127250ea87b1eab14.jpg