Bellazon

Animated Gif/Still Image Combo siggys

• 3 weeks later...

thank you Donbot (Y)

I am not sure I understand everything (so u might keep going on doing me few set in the future :laugh: )

but It's going to be very useful once I download (legally :whistle: of course!) photoshop on my computer again

• 1 month later...

I might have to download photoshop CS, even though it is expensive! I currently have a gif animation software, it cost me about $30-40, it is very easy to use and the gifs are GREAT until I save the actual Gif, then the quality is grainy and there's random marks over certain parts of the gif. It is pretty damn annoying.

I know about the 'dither' setting, and also know to uncheck the merging of palletes (I think it's called palletes) but I guess the thing is..I see gifs on tumblr that are clear as can be and when I make them with the software I have, they're clear while I play the gif within the software but after I save and upload it, poor quality. I've read what you've said about the colors though. Its tricky because if I make an animation, and then export each slide as an image individually, and then upload it on some online gif animators...the gif turns out more clear.

Thanks for all the info though donbot. I've just heard the settings for photoshop cs5 allow for much clearer gifs, maybe I'm misinformed.

I know this isn't the appropriate thread to ask this, but people are replying here: :)

Could anyone please tell me how to cut gifs into a diagonal like this?

I've been looking for it for ages :blush:

post-45017-0-1446129953-4554_thumb.gif

^I did a tutorial of how to combine two GIFs together in this thread:

In that I used a gradient mask to blend the two pictures together, but you could just as easily make a straight diagonal cut on the mask instead, or whatever else you might want to do with it :ninja:

post-19363-0-1446129954-61962_thumb.gif

Ah thank you for the quick response :hug:

I understand how to blend them together, but I don't understand how to cut a gif in any other size from a square or a cirlce, let alone a diagonal or what you just did there! :blink:

You can think of a mask as a screen that sits over a layer and controls which parts of it are visible. You work on the mask in black & white - anything in white means that part of the layer will be visible, and anything in black means that part of the layer will be hidden.

Example - layer mask is completely white, so all parts of the layer are visible

post-19363-0-1446129956-06472_thumb.jpg

Example - layer mask is completely black, so all parts of the layer are hidden

post-19363-0-1446129956-08006_thumb.jpg

Examples - showing how all the black parts of the layer mask hide that part of the layer

post-19363-0-1446129956-1054_thumb.jpg

post-19363-0-1446129956-11383_thumb.jpg

post-19363-0-1446129956-13599_thumb.jpg

So in that other thread I linked before, I showed how to put one animation inside a layer group, and sitting on top of a second animation. All you have to do from there is add a mask to the layer group, then you can cut the topmost animation into whatever shape you want. I hope that helps :unsure: