Bellazon

Man, that was random!!

Morgey

Honey, my personal advice having been through the impossible pressure mothers put on you

Relax.

If you got in already, Columbia wont care if you graduate first or not. You're in. So don't stress about that.

I spent high school so obsessed with graduating at the top of my class that I alienated people. I skipped my entire senior year to dual enroll so all my classe would be weighted more and in the end, I still graduated third.

Oh well. You know how much that matters now? Not a whole hell of a lot. I do wish I'd not been in such a rush and so obsessed with being perfect that I missed out on my friends, but you learn.

Hindsight is 20/20

As for the modeling thing, if that is what makes you happy, do it.

If you don't do it because of someone else, you'll end up resenting them for the rest of your life wondering "what if"

And trust me, though they might not be thrilled with the idea now, if they see you are truly happy doing what you are doing, they will support you.

As for Columbia, if you lbreak through, you could always deffer for a semester or two.

In the end all that really matters is how happy you are.

Good luck sweetie:kiss:

brasil..

don't go so hard of yourself! i know you have a lot pressure on you and everything, but try to relax. Just enjoy life, and do what YOU want to do. If you want to model, then do it. Dont listen to what other people are saying about it. Last year, i was so obssesed with what people thought of me that i didnt really live my life the way i wanted to. this year, i dont give a sh*t. so do what you think is best for you :) :heart: :kiss:

Trust me in the end it's the only thing that will make you happy.

And whether you succeed or not (and I think you will cause your gorgeous and smart) you wont be able to beat yourself up later in life for not having tried.

Rarely do you look back on the past and regret the things you DID do as much as you'll end up regreting the things you DIDN'T do.

So smile :)

thanks guys you are all great...

well i finished with all my finals... and they posted my grades.. and besides my one laguage i finished with perfect scores.. and almost a perfect score for my class at Yale.. its a journalism class... very interesting course 98% and a great comments on my paper.. i got an 88 on my spanish test... she said i was mixing what seem to be Portuguese and Spanish... well.. haha i guess that what happens when you are trying to learn your sixth language..

thanks guys that was really encouraging and well my mother isnt happy with it but i am in the middle of making a deal with her... but i dont think that ... well its a long story

but im smiling .. haha :)

oh this might be a little late..but i understand how you feel brasil...my parents want me to be something important, like a dactor or a lawyer.but i realized a long time ago that it's just not for me...i know they won't appriciate what i wnat to do but i don't really care anymore because it's my life.and i'll be the one living it. i will be so miserable if i'll have to go down the path that my parents want me to go..it's just not me. but i feel the pressure to be this prefectiuonists and get good grades..they always threaten me saying that if i fail in something i'll be working in m'cdonald's for the rest of my life..i hate this..sometime i just want to leave, break free..and try not to care about what they say but they do have a huge impact on me...

do what you wnat to do hun, it's your life agter all and you should do whatever makes you happy..it's good to please other people but how can you do that if you're not happy yourself?...

I guess I'm lucky I have great parents. My parents have always been very understanding of my choices not matter what they have been. When I wanted to model, my mom did everything she could for me. And after some attempts at modeling, I decided that .. it's not for me. Brasil, just do what you want to do and everything will be okay.