Bellazon

Taylor Hill
Thumbnail

sarnic

Fashion Canada Magazine September 2015

Elsa Hosk + Taylor Hill by Ishi

UUjSqvGR.jpg NufM5CH8.jpg zcuKbmXD.jpg pVQK7rwz.jpg lE83q1oH.jpg XTmTlXfb.jpg dYfHoERz.jpg Bhin1Azv.jpg COSMcLF7.jpg

“I don’t want to be just another face and I don’t want to just ‘be’ amongst the crowd.”

These are the words that 19-year-old Taylor Hill, the youngest model to get her Victoria’s Secret Angel wings this year, is spouting under a sizzling-hot curling iron. “I want to be better than Gisele Bündchen!” exclaims the Colorado-born beauty, who is prepping to be photographed for FASHION’s September issue alongside fellow Angel Elsa Hosk (both star in the new Body by Victoria campaign). They’re sitting two metres apart in a photo studio that borders New York’s SoHo. While Hosk flips through iPhone photos as the blow-dryer blasts her blonde locks, Hill gets personal.

“I’ve lived so much of my life in a spot like this,” Hill says, circling her index finger around the frenzy of hairstylists and makeup artists. “So many important moments happen when I’m getting ready for shoots or runways or campaigns, so it makes sense that I’d be talking about my life here. It’s become a therapist’s couch!”

The energy that Hill emits from her swivel chair is unbridled but not uncouth. Although she didn’t have a typical high school experience and never attended her own prom (“thank God I didn’t get to go—I feel like I got to skip a lot of personality-damaging things from high school,” she says), Hill reflects the poise of a southern belle and the gumption of a fashion industry veteran. When asked about the most important lesson she’s learned since she started working five years ago at age 14,  Hill replies: “You are taught to respect your elders, not to speak out and to do as you’re told. But I found out really quick that it’s important in this industry—and in life—to speak up.” Knowing that she had the power to accept or decline jobs made her better at work. “I was always afraid to ask if I could have water or anything because they were adults and I wasn’t. That has changed,” Hill says, noting that Sophia Amoruso’s book #Girlboss was a catalyst of sorts. “[The book] helped me transition in my career and helped me grasp that ambitious mentality you need. There’s this transition from being a model to a supermodel. You kind of have to act a certain way to get people to recognize you. You’re not a kid anymore, and [people] need to know that. You can say things like, ‘You can’t talk to me like that; I’m not like everybody else.’”

Getting to Hill’s place of self-assurance may have taken half a decade (“I cried like a baby after falling at a Kaufman Franco show—won’t do that again!”), but she’s had the help of many luminaries along the way. She was discovered by an agent at a dude ranch in Granby, Colo., while on a family vacation, but shortly afterward, it was Donatella Versace who took an early interest in her (“She doesn’t know this, but I owe her my career,” says Hill). Versace gave Hill her first of many runway shows for top fashion labels (and featured her in Versus Versace’s Fall 2015 ad campaign). “When you get to walk in a show, [designers] see you as a muse of their brand. It’s an honour,” says Hill.

http://www.fashionmagazine.com/fashion/2015/08/10/fashion-shoot-victoria-secret-taylor-hill-elsa-hosk/

"There’s this transition from being a model to a supermodel. You kind of have to act a certain way to get people to recognize you. You’re not a kid anymore, and [people] need to know that. You can say things like, ‘You can’t talk to me like that; I’m not like everybody else.’”

Okay, slow down kiddo.  :cain:

This editorial is so hit and miss. Both of the girls look great in their solo shots, but the only paired shots I like is the 2nd skyline shot, and the one where they're both looking down at the ground in the black dresses. Taylor looks like she's going to drop Elsa in that one picture. :rofl: 

She's right she is a supermodel, and would you like to know why?

Supermodel, aka Cindy, Linda * Giseles are a thing of the past. Time to redefine or add to the meaning of Supermodel.

Like cool now means Cool/Chilly or Cool/Awesome

Supermodel = Popular model with a larger social media following who often times snags the cover of SI or lands an Angel contract and thus gets to be on mainstream media shows like Good Morning America, or late night TV.

Model - That girl in the magazine that you've seen a couple of times and maybe remember a her first name.... or not, whatever

Like it or not, these are the times we live in now. And no, Adriana, Elsa & Candice should not kick her backside, or anyone else for that matter... that's called assault :rofl:

It's still sounds rather arrogant of her, on top of her "not like everyone else" claim.

I'm sure she didn't mean to come off that way (or at least I hope) but it doesn't translate well, and it's not flattering. I didn't paste in Elsa's portion of the interview, but the tone of the two sections are very different imo.

Not even remotely arrogant, Taylors VS training on how to be confident and project Ed's dream team in public is working as intended.

Angels > All other plebs :rofl:

kappa

Plus she's 19 years old and kids say stupid shit all the time... Misquote inc, out of context, or barely legal adult chow chow. Either or... :rofl:

Better than Gisele, good luck.

Overheard on set with Taylor:

You can’t talk to me like that; I’m not like everybody else.

Oh, oh okay  :|

Can I have some water?

No.

Ok.

I noticed that Taylor got two solo shots. :whistle:   And that last pic with both of them is amazing. 

"There’s this transition from being a model to a supermodel. You kind of have to act a certain way to get people to recognize you. You’re not a kid anymore, and [people] need to know that. You can say things like, ‘You can’t talk to me like that; I’m not like everybody else.’”

Now that sounds like an ADHD kid at the dinner table :/

“[The book] helped me transition in my career and helped me grasp that ambitious mentality you need. There’s this transition from being a model to a supermodel. You kind of have to act a certain way to get people to recognize you. You’re not a kid anymore, and [people] need to know that. You can say things like, ‘You can’t talk to me like that; I’m not like everybody else.’”

post-84741-0-1445993822-24853_thumb.jpg