Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

• 2 weeks later...

1 & 4 = Doutzen. That Dolce & Gab. campaign looks fantastic in HQ but in these low resolution pictures it looks pretty boring.

I wonder why she is so quiet on social media while she used to be very active and shared everything. There is still no update from her about returning as a model and there is still no interview/news/updates after the new polaroids on models.com. I suspect that either something big is coming or that the comeback is minor and doesn't mean much.

Maybe she will make a statement on her birthday next week, or she may wait until her new work is published.

• 2 weeks later...

There is still no information about how she is making her comeback, but we do know that it will be SOON.

My guess:

* Fashion Week starts this Friday in New York. She may make appearance(s) in New York, Milan, or Paris. 

* She might have scored a big magazine cover for the March issue (releasing this month).

Models always make a comeback during a fashion show or with an important cover ... or both.

She has been mysteriously quiet since she is available to book again in November (and new polaroids were released in November as well), so it's likely a secret and prestigious.

For me, the ultimate comeback would be Vogue UK March cover by Steven Meisel. It will be the last Vogue UK issue by Edward E.

Edward also styled the very first Vogue cover of Doutzen (Vogue Italia Feb. 2005 photographed by Steven Meisel). It launched her career. Doutzen had been in the industry for 20 years by 2023. When she had been in the business for 10 years, she was photographed by Steven Meisel for the September cover of Italian Vogue. In September/October 2023, Doutzen was networking in Paris during fashion week and attended a party of Mert Atlas where Edward was also present. A few hours after the party, Doutzen posted a hint about a comeback in her Insta Stories "so I socialized this weekend..me the next 3 months with picture where she was busy gardening". This meant that she will be working as a model again in 2024. How perfect would it be to celebrate 20 years in the industry with a comeback made by Steven Meisel and Edward?! And it would be amazing if it's combined with an exclusive A-list show (opening or closing).

Shoots by Steven Meisel are always top secret. And Doutzen is doing something secret it seems ..... so my expectations are very high... perhaps too high.

Also because in 2013 Doutzen was supposed to be on the cover of Vogue UK January issue, but was cancelled last minute and replaced by the then new "it girl" Kate Upton. The first plus size model everyone suddenly started talking about after she appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue in November 2012. The photoshoot with Doutzen only became an editorial instead of a cover + editorial. After that sudden last minute switch/ditch, Doutzen never worked for British Vogue again. So, if she ever works for British Vogue again, it will probably only be if she gets the opportunity to be on that cover. And that is understandable.

If Doutzen makes her comeback by appearing on the cover of the Dutch Vogue, that would be very lame and no reason to be secret about it.

Doutzen getting booked/photographed by Steven Meisel or Mert & Marcus in 2023 for Vogue UK March 2024 issue would be the perfect comeback. It would be a great way to celebrate her 20-year milestone in the industry and a nod to her iconic status as a model.