Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Hey ppl! its been a while since anything new has been posted.....i was getting impatient, so i searched for any photo that i had not seen.....not sure if this is a re-post, but the coat is hilarious! it kind of reminds me of a pimp coat....haha but Tori still looks beautiful! :p

Thanks, MKgirl, for working hard on the Holiday Weekend! :fun:

Tori looks fab in fur :drool: or faux fur :whistle: , hopefully!

I hope everyone celebrating Independence Day in the US has a safe, fun and maybe a long/$$OT weekend! :fun::wave:

Nice Pic! Yes i believe this was at Daniel Fuller feat. Kevin Ancell - Night for Day @ Known Gallery in May

I posted a few photos of that event a while ago. She looks great, and supporting Danny, its always great to see that.

I was looking through some thecobrasake party photos and I'm pretty sure I stumbled upon a pic of the lovely Tory.

post-9036-0-1446436119-3517_thumb.jpg

Gawd, Janet Garrison!

As always, Tori is comfortable as the fur-coat fashionista or in your cuuute, cuuute and delightfully exuberant pic! That's Tori's range for ya! ;) :heart: :heart:

Thanks for sharin' at 0138 and thanks to MKgirl for being the official Tori BZ Archivist at Large at 0220! That's Tori BZ dedication in the wee hours! :grouphug:

Here's a pic of the All-American Angel, just relaxing and glowing on Independence Day in Gorsuch :blush: :

post-9036-1309819993_thumb.jpg

Tori embodies "America the Beautiful" from "sea to shining sea": Pacific (Maui) to Atlantic (NYC)! :whistle::wave:

PS Thanks, Ana Beatriz Barros Fan, for the Cynthia Rowley HQ "refreshes" that make Tori look larger than life and, as always, stunning, sexy, and athletic. :wub:

@ the Surfer Poll Awards in Hawaii in December

Too fast for me, MKgirl but much appreciated! :p

Tori's "R" tatoo on her wrist is for her brother Ryan, who died at 16 in a car accident in 2000 or so, as most of you know. It is elegant and discreet, like Tori. :blush::heart: :(

I'm sure Tori thinks of him everytime she looks at it. Phew! :) :( Evoking all sorts of emotions happy and sad, included. . .

Her other tatoo is Sanskrit, the oldest written language perhaps in the world, originating in India in 2,000 to 1,000 BCE or Before the Common ERA as BC and AD are no longer . . .well, Politically Correct as Christ is not every one's god. :whistle:

Tori's tatoo, on her ribs, reads: IF NOT NOW, WHEN? = यदि नाधुना, कदा. It is an interesting choice for sure, again subtle and meaningful. :blush:

Exclusive to the upper classes in the way Latin was, Sanskrit is used by Upper Caste Hindus, Jains (an offshoot of Hinduism that tries not to kill any creature great or small)--hence cheescloth masks, brooms to sweep away bugs that could be "foot kill"), and Buddhism. :p

Buddhism started with a Hindu Kshatrya or Brahmin upper-class prince named Siddhartha Gautma who is sheltered in his father's palace but one days sees all that is outside does not glitter. He then goes on a journey to find Nirvana or enlightement and realizes that materialism is not a true goal for humanity. The Police have a song "boddhisatva" which means "enlightened" and "existence" if you transliterate the first and second half of the word. :p

Herman Hesse's thin paper back SIDDHARTHA would be an easy way to learn more during summer vacation. Kshatrya's are warrior princes and kings in the Hindu caste system, second only to Brahmins for the latter control religion just as the clergy hold power in both Protestantism and Catholicism. Brahmins hold religious power but not ruling power. :p

The Buddha forsook riches to journey to find enlightenment. Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance is also a related and popular book and for summer, too. Given a few pics of Tori in front of a huge Buddha, I would wager her tatoo is meant to represent Buddhism and not Hinduism or Jainism, a minority. :p

But the aforementioned Eastern religions conflict markedly with those of the West for they eschew material gain while we are always Keeping up with the Jones's as in the Demi Moore, BZ's own Amber Heard, and David Duchovny' sort of frightening dark comedy of that ubiquitous theme called THE JONES'S (2009). I wonder, then, if Tori's quotation is actually more Western than Eastern because it implies one life on this planet which is completely Western while the other religions promise many lives in which there is no pressure to do things "If not now, when?" :p

In Boston, every other person, in college or working has a yoga mat as he or she walks from work or school to yoga. A recent article said that Indians have said that Westerners have ruined yoga by making it a competition for the best body, to do it too fast, etc. I can see that. We borrow a lot of things cultures worldwide and distorted them for our use and lose sometimes the original purpose or goal of the "inventing" culture. Different forms or interpretations of anything are always good, though, in the end. ;)

USELESS TRIVIA of the day: Where did Hitler's Swastika come from, remembering that India was originally an Indo-Aryan or European culture and language and Sanskrit influenced: French, Spanish, English, and is held up as equal if not a greater language than Latin or Greek? :p

ANSWER: The Swastika is the Hindu symbol of PEACE. Hitler loved the codified caste system of India, it's Aryan history, and it's history in the world. The swastika is actually a basket weave design and can be seen in the earliest baskets weave all over the globe. In a a few trips to India, I have seen it displayed ubiquitously: on top of garages, driveway gates, truck rear transaxles, etc. At first, it felt odd as the Swastika is a horrible anti-semitic symbol in the West. But there, it simply meant: PEACE. :) In India, the Swastika is not tilted as it was by Hitler and The Third Reich. :ninja:

From what I have read on Tori's BZ pages, she has a fascination with Eastern cultures and religions, and I am glad she is looking out of the Western box but merging both West and East harmoniously. Learning more about this model whom we see in 2D makes Tori 3D. :p

Tori is definitely an interesting person on the inside. :heart::wave:

I just peeked at the Glamour AUG 2011 issue with Heidi Klum on the cover. Inside there was a True Religion ad.

Was that Tori with her back to the camera? The hair and one high cheekbone were not enough for a positive ID. :idk:

No, it is Anne Vyalitsyna ;)

I just peeked at the Glamour AUG 2011 issue with Heidi Klum on the cover. Inside there was a True Religion ad.

Was that Tori with her back to the camera? The hair and one high cheekbone were not enough for a positive ID. :idk:

No, it is Anne Vyalitsyna ;)

Wow! That was fast. Thanks! Time flies! :wave:

guys u know if tori's hair is natural or its color?

The same question came up on May 31, 2008, 07:59 PM (Post #939): "Is Tori naturally blond?"

SweetnLow, one of BZ's resident Tori authorities, said "That would be a definite yes."

Although I have seen Tori as a blonde most of the time, she has colored her hair dark for certain shoots.

Similarly, Hilary Rhoda, Tori's model "classmate," is almost always brunette but has some great editorials with blonde hair.

I guess if they ask you to change it, you may have to. It just may give another great look. :wave:

Modelinia Interview w/ Tori :

Catching Up on Swimwear Secrets with Tori Praver!

As a Hawaiian native and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit beauty, Tori Praver is well-versed in the world of bikinis. Her eponymous line of brilliant designed bathing suits, Tori Praver Swimwear, has made the pages of Elle, InStyle, Ocean Drive, Marie Clare, and SI - of course. Modelinia caught up with Tori to discuss her latest collection and what to expect from her swimwear designs this season!

Since this is your third time showing at Miami fashion week, how does it feel to have an established swimwear line?

I’m proud to see how far the line has come since we launched 3 years ago. It’s really great to come back to a place (Miami) where people know my line and are excited to see my new designs for the upcoming season.

Describe your collection in three words.

Versatile. Fun. Bohemian.

What inspired your new collection?

I was really inspired by the desert as well as Africa, which I’m hoping to plan a trip to soon. The colors in the collection reflect the neutral hues of the desert and neon brights of its sunset, and the wild florals and animal prints of Africa.

What’s your favorite piece from the collection and why?

The dusty bikini in hazel – it’s fun, sexy, and inspires me to wear it somewhere exotic.

What have you added to the collection that wasn’t seen in previous seasons?

This season I’ve added fringe and braiding detail to my suits, introduced animal prints and launched more into the cover-up category, including gauzy cotton beach pants, shots, rompers, and a great beach sheet which doubles as a sarong and blanket.

Have you seen growth in yourself as well as your company since you started the swimwear line?

Yes completely – Tori Praver Swimwear has grown not as only a collection but as a brand. I’ve definitely reached all of my goals retail-wise. And as a designer, everywhere I travel for fun or work (modeling) I use as inspiration when designing the line.

Do you have a specific cut or style that you like more than others, and is it featured more in this collection?

Not a particular style, but the ruching detail which is used throughout my collection is our signature and is the key to perfect fit and comfort when active on the beach. It’s something I’ve really become known for.

Which beaches do you imagine your suits decorating?

The shores of Hawaii, Montauk, and Malibu.

Who would you love to see wearing your suits?

I love seeing real women of all ages and body types in my suits – there’s really something for everyone.

http://www.modelinia.com/blog/catching-up-...ri-praver/31337

post-51711-1311181167_thumb.jpg