Bellazon

Tori Praver
Thumbnail

Lea

Modelinia Interview w/ Tori :

Catching Up on Swimwear Secrets with Tori Praver!

As a Hawaiian native and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit beauty, Tori Praver is well-versed in the world of bikinis. Her eponymous line of brilliant designed bathing suits, Tori Praver Swimwear, has made the pages of Elle, InStyle, Ocean Drive, Marie Clare, and SI - of course. Modelinia caught up with Tori to discuss her latest collection and what to expect from her swimwear designs this season!

Since this is your third time showing at Miami fashion week, how does it feel to have an established swimwear line?

I’m proud to see how far the line has come since we launched 3 years ago. It’s really great to come back to a place (Miami) where people know my line and are excited to see my new designs for the upcoming season.

Describe your collection in three words.

Versatile. Fun. Bohemian.

What inspired your new collection?

I was really inspired by the desert as well as Africa, which I’m hoping to plan a trip to soon. The colors in the collection reflect the neutral hues of the desert and neon brights of its sunset, and the wild florals and animal prints of Africa.

What’s your favorite piece from the collection and why?

The dusty bikini in hazel – it’s fun, sexy, and inspires me to wear it somewhere exotic.

What have you added to the collection that wasn’t seen in previous seasons?

This season I’ve added fringe and braiding detail to my suits, introduced animal prints and launched more into the cover-up category, including gauzy cotton beach pants, shots, rompers, and a great beach sheet which doubles as a sarong and blanket.

Have you seen growth in yourself as well as your company since you started the swimwear line?

Yes completely – Tori Praver Swimwear has grown not as only a collection but as a brand. I’ve definitely reached all of my goals retail-wise. And as a designer, everywhere I travel for fun or work (modeling) I use as inspiration when designing the line.

Do you have a specific cut or style that you like more than others, and is it featured more in this collection?

Not a particular style, but the ruching detail which is used throughout my collection is our signature and is the key to perfect fit and comfort when active on the beach. It’s something I’ve really become known for.

Which beaches do you imagine your suits decorating?

The shores of Hawaii, Montauk, and Malibu.

Who would you love to see wearing your suits?

I love seeing real women of all ages and body types in my suits – there’s really something for everyone.

http://www.modelinia.com/blog/catching-up-...ri-praver/31337

Thanks once again, MKgirl.

I love to see Tori in her in her element. :heart: She seems to be the consummate business woman and in this economy, though I know she is operating in a niche market. :heart: :heart:

I still admire her creativity and bringing designs to life! :heart: :heart: :heart: It is quite an undertaking as any one who has worked in any type of retail knows. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tori is quite an amazing person who seems to be balanced in her work and personal lives! :)

Thanks for the interview; I especially love reading, hearing what Tori has to say! :blush:

Page 111 should come and go at this posting rate! I'll add a little babble to help push it along! :p

Bohemian and eponymous are fun and interesting words. Bohemia is an area of the present-day Czech Republic, birthplace of many current top models. "Bohemian" started in France, the unofficial birthplace of fashion, etiquette, etc. and means artsy, booksy, and anti-establishment whether you are in Monmartre of Paris, Chelsea, SoHo of London, or. . . the West Village of NYC or Venice, CA. :whistle:

Mark Twain references it in the 19th Century and today's NY Times' OP/ED writer David Brooks coined a tongue-in-cheek term, like Young Urban Professionals (Yuppie), using: Bourgeois Bohemians or BOBOs. :whistle: :whistle:

And eponymous goes back at least to ancient Rome's foundation myth written by Ovid who, in his history of the city, names it after Romulus. And, of course, The Roman Empire's influence could be felt in Bohemia at one time. Eponymous is also an REM album and such musical pieces as Bohemian Rhapsody and La Boheme reference this word. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :wave:

I don't know if any of you remember the cover of Elle Italia July 2011 that tori did, and no one could find the editorial to go along with it....but i found the editorial, however it was on the Elle France website, so i am a little confused. the cover seems to go along with this editorial, but is in italian, but the photos in this editorial are in french (like the little blurbs they put the designers in etc.)

I have no idea which magazine these are for! But here they are! :)

p.s i know some of these aren't the best quality, just bear with me, it was all i could find! :p

post-51711-1311811925_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311811937_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311811946_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311811957_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311811969_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311811980_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311811996_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311812005_thumb.jpg

post-51711-1311812028_thumb.jpg

I don't know if any of you remember the cover of Elle Italia July 2011 that tori did, and no one could find the editorial to go along with it....but i found the editorial, however it was on the Elle France website, so i am a little confused. the cover seems to go along with this editorial, but is in italian, but the photos in this editorial are in french (like the little blurbs they put the designers in etc.)

I have no idea which magazine these are for! But here they are! :)

p.s i know some of these aren't the best quality, just bear with me, it was all i could find! :p

MKgirl, you are UN-BEE-LEE-ABLE! :heart: :)

I had forgotten all about that editorial. :p

Tori looks so strong and sexy. :drool:

Thanks for your usual persistence as researcher of the decade! :fun:

All of Tori's BZ fans will love these pix regardless of the quality or language. :wave:

TRIPTYCH: Originally, three-panelled religious paintings connected by hinges to allow closing for safe-keeping. Now referring to any three images photographs, posters, etc. . . Some fun ones on Google of Marlon Brando, Audrey Hepburn, a Mini Cooper, and other modern images.

NORTHERN EUROPEAN ART: Triptych of the Adoration of the Magi (1517); Jacob Cornelisz Van Oostsanen (Dutch)

post-9036-1312567849_thumb.jpg

USA ARTS AND CRAFTS ARCHITECTURE: Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959) Triptych

post-9036-1312568086_thumb.jpg

CONTEMPORARY CASUAL FASHION: Tori (1986-Present) Triptych (Featuring Henley collar, named after Henley Regatta (UK))

post-9036-1312567764_thumb.jpg

Is Tori gone from Gorsuch or relegated to the back pages? I haven't received my daily dose of her in Gorsuch emails until today, hence the radio silence or the lack of my babble. :whistle:

The girl on the cover of the latest print catalogue has been in past editions, but now seems to be the main mama. Tori, however, still has the most patrician presence of the lot of those lasses! :laugh:

Hope the Dawg Daze of August are treatin' Tori and her BZ fans with AC or coolness access and plenty of hydration! Have a great collective weekend! :wave:

Remember when tori was on the cover of Stadium Magazine? which i believe is a swedish mag.

Well i believe this is the video that goes along with it, i never saw it before, its from last summer, enjoy!

Here is the behind the scenes look (in swedish i think) ive seen the behind the scenes vid, just never the final product! But in case you haven't. and you happen to be swedish, its your lucky day! :p

Remember when tori was on the cover of Stadium Magazine? which i believe is a swedish mag.

Well i believe this is the video that goes along with it, i never saw it before, its from last summer, enjoy!

Here is the behind the scenes look (in swedish i think) ive seen the behind the scenes vid, just never the final product! But in case you haven't. and you happen to be swedish, its your lucky day! :p

MKGirl!!!!!!

I loved that Hope Solo-esque dive in Sweden's STADIUM Magazine. :heart:

It showed Tori's athleticism, athletic build, and overall beauty! :drool:

Thanks for bringing it to the forefront of our collective memory and in full Technicolor! :blush:

You are the bestest! :wave:

oh my gosh!! i saw these pics on facebook, they are definately old....probably when Tori first started modeling.

It was for a DJ company called Thud Rumble, these pics are from their facebook page.

You can definately see how much tori has grown and changed into an editorial model!

Oh, my, MK Girl! You are killing me with the "refreshed" and hard-to-find current pics of Tori! :heart: :heart:

I remember seeing the turntable pic and that set somewhere awhile back. :blush:

You are soooooo right: Tori has "come a long way, baby"! (Old Virginia Slims cigarette tagline.) :p

I do think, however, once Tori got going, say, with the Guess? campaign or before, she hit the ground running.

In 2005/6, Tori has some amazing stuff from the likes of Ellen Von Unwerth (for Guess?) and other famous photographers. :)

These are hard to differentiate from her latest stuff in terms of quality of looks, poses, etc. In other words, she was a quick study. ;)

In addition, last week, I was wondering who would bring Tori's BZ pages to 112! It was fitting that it would be you, MKgirl. :fun:

I hope you're Monday has not been manic! :wave: