Bellazon

News & General Discussion

Capt Snow

Someone on ebay is selling an extremely rare Audi 2000 magazine with Ana on the cover and an editorial inside.  I know that I have never seen the pics.  It only costs $4 too I believe.

Just won this off ebay. Will scan it as soon as my mom sends the money order and post up the pictures.

looking forward to it...

I need to start posting all the pictures of Ana I have and maybe you guys can help me put names to them lol. Some of the runway I figured out, but I still have tons of runway and editorial, and a handfull of advertisements that I can't place names to.

I've only recently started sorting them by date, and in other cases, magazine, company or designer.

If you run that text from that page through babelfish, you can get an idea of what it says there. :) She mentions that there was a huge billboard with her on it in New York, which was good for her career, and nicknames she used to have ijn school or something like that. She mentions that she was in New York on Sept 11th.

I can't find a transcript of the chat anywhere on the site though.

Here's a little interview I found while browseing it's from January 6th 2005

It's in Portuguese so maybe someone can help with a translation, though an online translator will get you far enough to get the gyst of the interview.

Here's a picture that was with the interview.

3499.jpg

Ana Beatriz Barros doa seu cachê para a Casa Hope

Por Kathia Natalie

A mineirinha Ana Beatriz Barros, 22, encantou o mundo da moda com seus 1,79 m de altura, 57 quilos, 88 cm de busto, 90 cm de quadril e, não poderia deixar de ser, com seus olhos verdes do tipo ressaca, aqueles da Capitu, personagem de Machado de Assis. Queridinha dos estilistas, hoje ela vive em Nova York e é contratada de grifes como L'Óreal e Victoria's Secret. Não satisfeita com isso, agora tenta conquistar gente pequena, que pouco ou nada conhece de moda. Amanhã (21/01) a moça passa o dia na Casa Hope, em São Paulo. Lá, vai ficar pertinho de crianças com câncer atendidas pela instituição. A visita tem uma razão: ela quer conhecer as pessoas que vai ajudar. É que o cachê recebido pelo desfile na Rosa Chá foi integralmente doado à Casa Hope. No camarim, um pouco antes de entrar na passarela, ela conversou com o site do SPFW:

SPFW: Você já conhecia os trabalhos da Casa Hope? De quem partiu a idéia da doação?

Ana Beatriz Barros: A idéia foi minha. O Amir (Amir Slama) me convidou para o desfile e desde então a gente começou a conversar sobre o valor de meu cachê, até que o contrato ficasse bom para nós dois. Logo depois eu tive a idéia de doar porque acho importante ajudar nas causas sociais. Fui conhecendo os trabalhos da Casa Hope aos poucos, pesquisando sobre instituições que precisavam de ajuda. Gostei do trabalho deles e aí resolvi ajudar.

SPFW: De quanto é essa doação?

Ana Beatriz Barros: Não posso falar em valores. Mas fui contratada pelo valor do mercado.

SPFW: Algumas modelos tentam a carreira de atriz. Até Gisele Bündchen fez um filme. Você já pensou na idéia?

Ana Beatriz Barros: Já recebi vários roteiros e muitos convites para fazer cinema. Mas não quero me aventurar nessa carreira sem ter conhecimento. Agora consegui um lugar como modelo e só pretendo atuar quando arranjar um tempo para fazer um curso de interpretação. Se for só por brincadeira eu não faço.

SPFW: Você tem um cachê bem alto lá fora, mas sempre volta para desfilar no SPFW. Existe uma ligação afetiva?

Ana Beatriz Barros: É verdade. A visibilidade que eu consigo aqui não é nem de perto a que eu tenho nas passarelas da Europa ou nos Estados Unidos. Tenho nove anos de carreira e não consigo lembrar da quantidade de vezes que desfilei aqui no SPFW. Só sei que gosto de voltar porque vale a pena valorizar a terra da gente. E eu gosto dos estilistas, gosto do carinho, de tudo.

Article found in random searching:

article2ob.jpg

Here's the horrible translation, but you get the general idea :D

Ana Beatriz donates cachê for social cause

Model only parades for Pink Tea

WINTER 2005 - the model Ana Beatriz Barros (the Elite) announced, in press conference in backstage of the Pink Tea, that all donated to its cachê of the parade and the campaign of the mark for the Hope House, that gives to assistance the devoid children with cancer. "I made this to stimulate other people of the fashion if to dedicate the causes social", says Ana After parading with exclusiveness for the mark of Amir Slama it embarks in the morning of this sixth (21.01) for Paris, where it participates of the week of high-sews. 20.01.2005

I found this just now, it's a little rundown of what was said during her recent online chat at SPFW.

Good news is it looks like she is going to be in the 2005 SI. :D :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transcript from the Ana Beatriz internet chat on AOL Vivo reveals a few interesting factoids

It looks like she will be in the upcoming SI Swimsuit issue, since she talks about some pics taken in Thailand, in a polo camp, with elephants.

The boyfriend is James R, who lives in Paris - "for the last 3 years", I guess the other guy got deleted.

Interesting story - the mother of a "friend" at some point told her ex-agents that she was complaining and swearing about the agency - she had a fight with her ex-agent and ended up leaving the agency. The model mom did that to benefit her daughter.

I wonder whom she is taking about...

Her schoolmates used to call her Olivia Palito, she was already 1m80 tall at 14 (I can verify that, I met her in 1997). After she was discovered on a Rio beach, her dad, who had transferred to Rio from Minas Gerais, didn't want her to become a model and it took some time for him to be convinced.

When Ana went to LA to do the J-Lo campaign, Jennifer was there and took care of her personally - she also called her several times to negotiate her fee.

For 2005, she signed a contract with Osklen, re-signed with L'Oreal and has her own bikini brand.

Her best friends are Isabeli, Alessandra, Jeisa and Renata (Maciel?)

She never had cosmetic surgery, although she might do it when she gets older.

Interestingly, her model "inspiration" in the mid 90s was Cassia Lara, the mod who was one of the winners of the 1994 Brazilian Look along with Gisele, and is today with Marilyn Brazil.

As for freebies - J-Lo ordered everything she wanted, her family "cleaned up" the Osklen shop when she shot the campaign, and she can have any VS stuff she wants

She listens to the Rolling Stones, Beatles, the Cure, Badley Drawn Boys, Hip Hop. She likes to dance hip hop. She also loves the Tribalistas, Marisa Monte, Chico Buarque de Holanda, Caetano Veloso.

In 2004 she had five movie offers - from people like Brian de Palma, Luc Besson and Denzel Washington. She refused, because she needs to dedicate at least a year to an acting career, but if Jonny Depp called, she would accept the offer immediately !!!

She is thinking about working for 5 more years - and having children after 3 years (she likes tall men with brown hair).

She will lose a lot of money from other jobs if she does many shows during FW, like last year, so she prefers to do one or two big shows. She invests mostly in real estate. She will be 23 this May.

The model who won that TIM model contest during SPFW is Jessica Pauletto, 14, with Marilyn Brazil.