Bellazon

Game of Thrones

wickedcrazyness

Sophie was 14 years old in season 1. :ninja: 

I don't know if it's the super long hiatus, but my excitement for the show isn't what it used to be. I really didn't enjoy season 5, and they managed to get my interest back in the last season but now I'm at the point where I'll be glad the show is wrapped up. 

11 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Sophie was 14 years old in season 1. :ninja: 

I don't know if it's the super long hiatus, but my excitement for the show isn't what it used to be. I really didn't enjoy season 5, and they managed to get my interest back in the last season but now I'm at the point where I'll be glad the show is wrapped up. 

It's the hiatus for me. This is usually the time where hype starts growing with the first full trailer. It was all perfectly timed and they were able to fill in the months. The whole marketing process is delayed 3 months, so we'll probably get the trailer by April, when it usually premieres..

Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have confirmed that the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will only have six episodes.

The seventh season debuts on 16 July in the US on HBO and will consist of seven episodes. Weiss and Benioff said last year that they had planned to finish the series in just thirteen more episodes after the explosive finale to Season 6. HBO had refused to confirm that, hoping that the producers could be talked into making more episodes. Clearly that effort has failed.

The final two seasons have the same budget as the sixth ($100 million), bringing the per-episode budget of the series up to $14,280,000. In Season 8 this will increase to $16,660,000 per episode (a massive five times the budget of an episode of The Walking Dead, for comparison). Game of Thrones is, easily, the most expensive ongoing TV show in television history.

The eighth and final season of Game of Thrones will begin production towards the end of this year and will air in summer 2018. HBO are in early discussions with George R.R. Martin about making a possible spin-off series to replace it, but have not announced any firm plans. Such a series will not involve Benioff or Weiss, who have a movie development deal with Fox Studios.

The most expensive season so far had been S1 of the Crown with 13m$ per episode.

S7 already surpasses the record for most expensive show ever, but S8 gets it even bigger with almost 17m$. Oustanding. And they only pay 500k$ per episode to the five titular characters.

1 minute ago, Cult Icon said:

who are the 5?

Lena Headey ()

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime)

Kit Harrigton (Jon)

Emilia Clarke (Daenerys)

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion)

Sophie Turner (Sansa) and Maisie Williams (Arya) are second tier, ie They receive a bit less but they're the second group in earnings.

A bunch of academic essays on GOT.  i'm interested.:

https://www.amazon.com/Thrones-versus-History-Brian-Pavlac/dp/1119249422

Game of Thrones versus History: Written in Blood

Game of Thrones versus History: Written in Blood is a collection of essays by medieval historians who explore how the HBO series and fantasy literature of George R.R. Martin are both informed by and differ significantly from real historical figures, events, beliefs, and practices of the medieval world.
  • A collection of original essays from medieval historians who discuss the factual roots of George R.R. Martin’s fictional world
  • Introductory material explains the nature of the Game of Thrones, its general plot, and themes connected to history

A wide-range of topics are covered, such as England’s Wars of the Roses, barbarian colonizers, the nature of medieval warfare, women and agency, slavery, myths and legends of medieval Europe, and more

3 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Same, I understand why people may like Davos but I just dont really connect with him

I feel like Davos is less of a real character but more like a magnet of sanity in an insane world- like Jon Snow, Sansa, etc.  That's why he's so boring- he's the average Joe.  He seems designed to be an character that invokes sympathy.

Yep, Cersei is awesome and Lena is beautiful!!

1 minute ago, Cult Icon said:

I feel like Davos is less of a real character but more like a magnet of sanity in an insane world- like Jon Snow, Sansa, etc.  That's why he's so boring- he's the average Joe.  He seems designed to be an character that invokes sympathy.

Yep, Cersei is awesome and Lena is beautiful!!

I feel like most of their actors are underrated. Only Emilia is overrated and the rest is the contrary

22 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

I feel like most of their actors are underrated. Only Emilia is overrated and the rest is the contrary

A lot of them are either new actors or very experienced British character actors that never became big stars.

• 2 weeks later...