Bellazon

cyber-bullying

hope1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber-bullying

I have noticed a trend in forums.

this is cyber bullying, where one either singles out and individual, or individauls, and with means of language, ie; demeans the person thru tone, manner of speech, how they write , how they post, how they look, what they like, etc.

THIS IS NOT HEALTHY BEHAVIOUR:

please note that opinion is not law, we all express in our own way, when you try to make your opinion law remember there are all different people who think not only as you do. a forum is a form of entertainment for most, a hobby or love, and not a place to be ridiculed.

Never thought about it but interresting point. Cyber bullies are interresting because the anonymity allows them to mask their insecurites by pretending to be bigger than they are in real life and they feel a sense of power from that at the expense of others. Feel free to report such turds of course :) .

Never thought about it but interresting point. Cyber bullies are interresting because the anonymity allows them to mask their insecurites by pretending to be bigger than they are in real life and they feel a sense of power from that at the expense of others. Feel free to report such turds of course :) .

• 1 year later...

no such thing as annoymity.

most web hosts and ISPs passthru information like the computer specs, the operating system, the vendor of the specific web browser, the computer name and/or username logged into the system (most likely some "name" could be released) among crapload of additional info, i'll withheld on this subject.

• 4 weeks later...

no such thing as annoymity.

most web hosts and ISPs passthru information like the computer specs, the operating system, the vendor of the specific web browser, the computer name and/or username logged into the system (most likely some "name" could be released) among crapload of additional info, i'll withheld on this subject.

I admit, I don't know the back story to this, since last poster before me bumped this post that is almost a couple years old.

There is some validity to the argument with full names, at least for registration purposes:

I don't want to open a can of worms, but since this website doesn't require full names (to register), anyone can come on here. There is a Federal Law called COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act) where someone needs to be 13 years or older to register ONLY if they require full name (even if it doesn't get publicized the forums.)

Most of these forum backend systems (or the databases) by default, don't require full names to register, or there aren't any fields to enter. I forgot how I registered if it required my real name or not.

and given this software is allegedly open source, its assumed to be very globally agnostic, with the only separation is the spoken language in many of these software packages.

I am skilled in some IT, not even close to being a database admin or DBA, but knowing a little of that and the regs, this is how I can give you a partial answer. Like I said, I don't wanna open a can of worms; I am only passing along information that could be useful or not.

I'm no lawyer, I just play one on Bellazon, hahaha :p