Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

:heart:

I'm searchin' for ANY pix from this event and nothin' is appearing anywhere! It seems a lot of those pix posted above were from local Hawaiian press.

Speaking of which, I ended up finding more HQ pix of Skippy frolicking in Paris with Orlando than I am with Marisa.

...that said, maybe we'll get more pics from this event, since Matthew McConaughey will be there. :laugh:

Monte headliners hope show starts something big; Up-and-coming acts excited for Santa Cruz, while supermodel returns home to emcee

APTOS -- For Saturday's Monte Foundation music festival at Seacliff State Beach, hometown supermodel and master of ceremonies Marisa Miller said she will not wear a bikini, drop from a helicopter or jump out of a cake.

"No, that's not happening," chuckled Miller, 31, whose fame skyrocketed after she appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 2008, when she also topped Maxim magazine's Hot 100 list.

Instead, the woman who famously posed in Sports Illustrated wearing nothing but an iPod said she is a little anxious about bringing her work home.

"This is going to be pretty interesting to me," Miller said. "When I go home to Santa Cruz, I'm the same girl as when I grew up."

Miller might not be the only one with jitters. Among the musical guests are two up-and-coming acts who hope the music and fireworks festival , an annual fundraiser for local schools, will be the start of something big.

Really Doe, a hip-hop artist from Chicago who got his start touring with Kanye West, and Lost in Los Angeles, a dream-pop band from Southern California, released their first albums this month. CDs will be available at the festival. Both acts work with record producer Griffin Guess, whose company, Cartel Records, is coordinating the show. Guess is married to Miller and the couple owns a home in Aptos.

Miller, the musical guests and actor Matthew McConaughey are expected at Aptos High School for a surprise visit and performance today at noon to reward the school that sold the most tickets to Saturday's extravaganza. McConaughey is also expected at the festival.

Link

^ I heard Kanye might make a special appearance.

Marisa: "Welcome to the Monte Foundation Music Festival..." *Kanye comes on stage and grabs mic*

Kanye: "Yo, Marisa! I am really happy for you. I am going to let you finish. But I think I should be the MC of this festival. I am the best MC of all time...OF ALL TIME!" *shrugs, gives back mic, sips from his bottle of Hennessy, and waddles off stage*

Marisa: "Welcome to the Monte Foundation Music Festival..." *Kanye comes on stage and grabs mic*

Kanye: "Yo, Marisa! I am really happy for you. I am going to let you finish. But I think I should be the MC of this festival. I am the best MC of all time...OF ALL TIME!" *shrugs, gives back mic, sips from his bottle of Hennessy, and waddles off stage*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:heart:

True that, mbin. EFF Orlando Bloom and his engagement ring to Skippy!

Anyway, there better be some pix from this event tomorrow. I was totally disappointed that no major media took any photos for yesterday's VS event, so I'm hoping this will bring them out.

^ Well, it seems openings that are a bit out-of-the-way (i.e., Hawaii, Minneapolis) don't get much photog coverage. :/

Actually, I'm pretty sure that before Kanye can get off stage, Pres. Obama shows up and calls him a jackass again. :p