Allie

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Janet Jackson on Dr. Murray: 'He Is Responsible'

Janet Jackson holds Dr. Conrad Murray responsible for her brother Michael's death, and says in a rare interview to air Wednesday that "a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him."

She told ABC's Robin Roberts that Murray she would be barred from practicing medicine. "He was the one that was administering," Jackson said. "I think he is responsible."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prosecutors in Los Angeles are weighing charges against Murray in the pop singer's death. Murray told police he administered a powerful anesthetic to the singer shortly before Jackson died June 25. A spokeswoman for the doctor, Miranda Sevcik, said Monday he continues to maintain he neither prescribed or administered anything to Jackson that should have killed him.

Janet has remained relatively quiet since her brother's passing. In the interview, she describes how she was at her home in New York when her assistant called to say Michael had been taken to the hospital. She told relatives to call her when they got to the hospital and grew concerned when she wasn't getting any calls back.

She says that a day doesn't go by when she doesn't think of Michael. "It just didn't ring true to me. It felt like a dream," she said. "It's still so difficult for me to believe.

"It's been a tough year," she went on. "You have your days where it's just really -- it's hard to believe. And a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him."

Janet Jackson Keeps Things Mysterious

Posted Monday 16 November 02:16 PM By: Tricia Romano

Unlike her late brother, Janet Jackson's life hasn't been as scrutinized. Throughout her career, she's maintained an aura of mystery, successfully keeping much of her private life private -- a feat in today's Internet age when too much info is divulged instantaneously online. We look at some of the rumors that have followed Janet (who releases a greatest hits CD this week) throughout her career.

Janet Has a Daughter?

Rumor has it that Janet's got an 18-year old daughter named Renee whom she supposedly had with her old flame, James DeBarge (remember when they were an item? No? OK, so you're not as old as us.) This one has been going as far back as 2005. People with longer memories than us claim that she rushed her marriage to DeBarge (which was annulled a year later) because she had a bun in the oven; some people remember her seeming pregnant at an awards show around that time. But producer Jimmy 'Jam' Harris says it was impossible; they were recording her breakout album 'Control' at that time, and he says she wasn't pregnant then. So there.

Janet Is Getting Married to Jermaine Dupri:

This one first started floating in February 2008. She was even supposedly going to wear a Badgley Mishka dress. She laughed off the rumors, saying, "Let the rumors fly!" They still aren't married. In fact....

Janet Broke Up With Dupri, Even Though She Didn't:

Tongues were wagging in July about their supposed break up because Dupri didn't go to Michael Jackson's memorial. But these were recently deflated in the Bible of all celebrity mags, PEOPLE which claimed that not only are they not broken up but they are planning a wedding. Yeah, we've heard that before.

Janet the Bisexual:

Janet's been setting off the gaydar for a while, now; some of her songs touch on the subject of S/M play and bisexuality, but she's outright denied the rumors. When she was asked why she thought people pegged her as liking ladies, she said that like Oprah and Alicia Keys, "Maybe because it's just that we're strong women. I don't know. Maybe they want to put something else behind it because of the strength. Like, you can't be a woman and be strong, and there has to be something else to it. "

Or maybe people think she's bisexual because she tells Ebony magazine that she falls asleep with some of her female dancers and sometimes kisses them? "No, I am not bisexual. I have been linked with dancers in our group because we are so close. I grew up in a big family. I love being affectionate. I love intimacy and I am not afraid to show it. We fall asleep in each other's arms. We hug, we kiss, but there is nothing beyond that."

Janet Pregnancy Reports:

This time last year, she had a bun in the oven. The reason given? That weird mystery spate of illnesses last year. Hey guess what? Unless she found a way to hide the baby bump in the middle of her brother's very public memorial service, we're pretty sure this one was false. No babies here!

Janet Was Secretly Married to Renee Elizondo:

This turned out to be true; the long held secret was divulged in 2000 after keeping that quiet for nearly 10 years when she filed for divorce. "I hope my fans will understand that I tried to keep my marriage private in an effort to have a normal family life. I wish Rene only the best going forward," she said at the time. When this was revealed, Jackson could have opened an advice agency for celebrities worldwide on how to dupe the press and actually maintain a private life that would have made her even more money than her music.

Janet Has a Mysterious Illness:

Last year, Ms. Jackson had to reschedule a spate of concerts -- of course the public was told it was for "exhaustion." She was even hospitalized at one point. It turned out that her mysterious illness does have a touch of mystery to it. It turned out that the singer was suffering from migraine-induced vertigo, which would be crippling for someone who has to sing and dance, and spin around and around and around and whoooo, we're dizzy.

Janet Dated Matthew McConaughey:

Say wha? Ms. Jackson-if-you're nasty and the the bongo-playing, shirtless-exercising star were once an item? Well, back in 2002, McConaughey issued the standard, "We're just friends" response, which went a little something like this: "I met her at the Grammys and found her to be a very very sweet lady. We swapped some good music and she's a dear lady. She's a sweetheart but we're not dating, we're just friends. That's about all there is right now."

This was after he had been spotted, according to Star, walking out of her Bel Air house, in the a.m., "shirtless, carrying his shoes, and whistling." Later, she revealed that she had indeed had a brief affair with the actor just before she started seriously dating Dupri.

http://www.popeater.com/2009/11/16/janet-j...is-responsible/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...