Bellazon

The Da Vinci Code

Adrianas Llama

I saw it Saturday and Loved It!! Tom Hanks was great so was everyone else in it, I read the book it followed it close enough they left out some but it was a long enough movie. I would see it again.

I read the book about a year ago and now watched the movie. I liked it. the book was better but the movie helped to illustrate things. but some details of the book were left out and I didn't like that they changed the ending a little.

The background information of the book makes the story a little more realistic than it seemed in the movie.

But I really loved the music. I hope they'll be able to do Angels and Demons as a movie. I liked that book even more. But it's probably gonna be difficult with the Vatican.

I read the book about a year ago and now watched the movie. I liked it. the book was better but the movie helped to illustrate things. but some details of the book were left out and I didn't like that they changed the ending a little.

The background information of the book makes the story a little more realistic than it seemed in the movie.

But I really loved the music. I hope they'll be able to do Angels and Demons as a movie. I liked that book even more. But it's probably gonna be difficult with the Vatican.

I'm in the same boat. I read it a while back so I couldn't exactly remember everything.

The movie was ok I thought, but I was never really interested. I think the film has a few flaws though.

1) The movie was almost a replica of the book, although some parts were changed to make it shorter :| I guess the director didn't have much to do in terms of interpretation and representation. It didn't really hold my attention as I tried to examine some of the camera techniques and angles instead.

2) The book was fast-paced and evidently the movie was also fast-paced, but I thought recreating the pace on two different mediums wasn't the best idea. The plot is a bit complicated but the book elaborated on the finer points to help the reader understand the situation. The movie was fast too but in doing so, cut out a lot of the minor details that helped enrich the audience's understanding. Some of my friends came out a bit lost and confused as to who was doing what. Also, the fast pace possibly deprived movie goers of the chance to understand and appreciate the complexities of each riddle.

3) Hollywood killed it again with the "dumbing down effect" Why must they insist on spelling things out to public? e.g. last bit where Langdon follows the Rose Line back to the Louvre and discovers where Mary Magdelene's tomb is hidden. They could've ended with Tom Hanks staring at the stars. I'm pretty sure when you present 9 of the 10 clues, many people can figure out what the last clue is and what the hell is going on. But no, 'Sir' Langdon had to kneel down like a knight as well. Did they end there? NO! They felt the need to use CG to tell people he was kneeling over MM's tomb! Thank you Hollywood! What would we ever do without you? <_<

4) Before they got to the part where Remy drinks out of a 'poisoned' flask, I was wondering how they'd manager to portray the taste of saltiness and whether they'd mention his allergy to peanuts. I was thinking of a solution, but the scene came and went. Nothing. Movie goers must be wondering what happened...

5) The end was crap. End of story.

BUT I thought the casting was pretty good. I enjoyed Silas and Teabing immensely. I didn't expect Tom Hanks to be Robert Langdon, but I must admit he did a good job (Y)

and the best bit was in the Saint-Sulpice church, when the nun confronted Silas, and he just slammed her with the 'Job' block. SMACKDOWN!! :rofl: If I wasn't in a movie, I'd be all over the floor pissing my pants laughing :p

I thought the movie is going to be great, but I don't like it, because it is against Christianity!!!!

Well, barring the anti-Christian themes, did you like the movie? e.g. the tempo, the actors, the scenery etc?

...oh and that thing called the storyline...