Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

@Beehive2, I knew you would be ready for tonight. So looking forward to seeing her there AGAIN! Also, wondering if Taylor will be there, given that Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are co-hosting. Could be a big night in the Lilyverse. And as we know there is #NeverEnoughLily. 

I thought it was quite impactful.

The theme- Glided Glamour was decades prior to the 1920s?  

Good, bad or indifferent, she took a chance rather than just being there.

Without the headpiece and the gloves, it would have been a knockout however

I'm sure Anna wouldn't have appreciated her not trying something out of the box given its her ELEVENTH time there.

I do hope she scores another MET invite next year! 

https://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/article/lily-aldridge-met-gala-2022/amp

She's wearing Khaite and not Ralph Lauren.

She definitely changed stylist again.

I loved her Grammy's look which the new stylist did.

I'm going to need to see more angles. The ones I've seen, all MQ, don't strike me as flattering. The headpiece and gloves add something, but I'm not sure it's good. Too much cover for my taste. She went for a look, that is for certain, and while the headpiece frames her impeccable face, I would have preferred more color and/or more of Lily's personality showing through. Not getting that here.

Follow Up: I'm so bad with tech, but have seen other shots in which I actually like the look more--the color and impact of the crystals changes depending on angle and lighting. That said, especially looking at the makeup and hair pre-gala, I wish that they hadn't included the headpiece. It is dramatic, and it echoes pieces from the early 1900s, so it does go with the theme, but it obscured her hair (which looked terrific) even as it framed her gorgeous face. Still not a favorite look, but not a disaster either.

@BAGGOT

She was on Vanity's Fair 25 best dressed list and a few more.

Looking forward to her Twelve Met next year! 

Anna invited lily this year since the designer she wore wasn't present nor did they buy a table.

Getting recognition from Anna wintour and I wonder why isn't IMG promoting her own personal line with more effort? 

One day longtime clients such as Bvlgari and Ralph Lauren will move along and there's no backup plan.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved this campaign and wish that we could have had the full spread of shots/videos. The pandemic interrupted/staggered their release. She has been so good with them (and they with her, working through and around her pregnancy with Winston). Will be sad if this is the end.

• 1 month later...