Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

Absolutely right @ceceshores and @bump re: timing. The fact that Lily's last show was also Alessandra's clearly overshadowed things, though I've often wondered if their walking out together in the closing was meant as a tip to Lily as well as to Ale. She's certainly going from strength to strength at the moment, which is so cool to see. 

2 minutes ago, BAGGOT said:

Absolutely right @ceceshores and @bump re: timing. The fact that Lily's last show was also Alessandra's clearly overshadowed things, though I've often wondered if their walking out together in the closing was meant as a tip to Lily as well as to Ale. She's certainly going from strength to strength at the moment, which is so cool to see. 

you know, I never realized it was both of their last shows! I kept hoping Lily would come back, but wasn't she pregnant for the 2018 show? My mind has been a mess recently, so I can't remember stuff too well right now with everything I have going on. 

And I bet you're right about Ale and Lily walking out together. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Ale, I think the fact that they are both into rock and roll and it has even been stated in VSFS before that they are "rock chicks", they were a good pairing. 

2017: Not the closing sequence, but yes, together. From the VSFS thread for 2017. They also stood next to each other in the lineup at the closing. Maybe others can fill in details, but they were clearly paired in that show, by coincidence or design. 

4202bf706216953.jpg.391623e271d6417732503242d88951c2.jpg 1c2d77706247063.jpg.63c967801bed37f8d0169e6645dfe0e8.jpg

11 hours ago, BAGGOT said:

2017: Not the closing sequence, but yes, together. From the VSFS thread for 2017. They also stood next to each other in the lineup at the closing. Maybe others can fill in details, but they were clearly paired in that show, by coincidence or design. 

4202bf706216953.jpg.391623e271d6417732503242d88951c2.jpg 1c2d77706247063.jpg.63c967801bed37f8d0169e6645dfe0e8.jpg

www.allure.com/story/allure-podcast-lily-aldridge-interview/amp

I love when Hung does her makeup. He seems to do a lot of good work on a lot of models. 

What is she working with Helena Christiansen for? I'm not a fan of hers, but I know she's a big deal model, so good for Lily! Lily is photographing Helena I guess? That's interesting. 

Agree on the look from Hung. And @Beehive2, thanks for the link to the podcast. Again, so strategic and so well done. She literally explains that her process now is about building the brand, being open and thoughtful, but also maintaining enough distance/privacy for her family. That's such a balancing act, yet it's cool to see how Lily's working to do it. I'm sure that others who've engaged in this kind of brand development do this kind of thing as part of their daily routine, but watching it with a fan's eye is interesting. I really appreciate her focus and drive here, especially as she maintains her sense of self, which is (after all) also part of the brand she's selling. Impressive.

20 hours ago, BAGGOT said:

Agree on the look from Hung. And @Beehive2, thanks for the link to the podcast. Again, so strategic and so well done. She literally explains that her process now is about building the brand, being open and thoughtful, but also maintaining enough distance/privacy for her family. That's such a balancing act, yet it's cool to see how Lily's working to do it. I'm sure that others who've engaged in this kind of brand development do this kind of thing as part of their daily routine, but watching it with a fan's eye is interesting. I really appreciate her focus and drive here, especially as she maintains her sense of self, which is (after all) also part of the brand she's selling. Impressive.

I've been enjoying watching her brand grow. I like that we get to see the process; I never thought I would find something like that interesting, but I do! Maybe because it's Lily lol

I'm glad she branched out and has other means of income rather than just modeling. I'm sure her husband makes good money, but I always believed you should have your own money in case something happens and you find yourself all alone. I hope nothing bad ever happens to Lily, but I am glad she's taking steps to secure a future income for herself and her kids. She's very smart and business-minded and I appreciate that.

I love that she uploads videos so often!

One way I relax is to lay on my floor with my big fluffy blankets and watch skincare videos. However, once I discovered that Lily and Karlie have YT channels, I started watching those as well. They are so relaxing and entertaining at the same time! I don't do that often, but I do find it's peaceful and a great thing to do when I just want to chill by myself. 

Lily is a great model (one of my favorites obviously!) and an entertaining person to boot. Having a YT channel is perfect for her!