Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

The look is mixed for me. Hair and makeup are lovely. That (I assume) BVLGARI necklace is stunning on her. The dress...has a touch of tent-meets-Easter egg to me, but I also think RL was trying to stay with a variation on the theme of the night. The belt is the key: this is a gown built around the robes worn in a cloister, complete with the rope belt. (I'm not defending the look, which sadly doesn't come off, and which--in comparison to both Rosie's look and--more appropriately given this comparison,Taylor Hill's--do the job much better.) I love that the look allows Lily to show her legs, and the top half isn't so bad, but the fabric choice, all its excess in the train, no. 

1 hour ago, BAGGOT said:

The look is mixed for me. Hair and makeup are lovely. That (I assume) BVLGARI necklace is stunning on her. The dress...has a touch of tent-meets-Easter egg to me, but I also think RL was trying to stay with a variation on the theme of the night. The belt is the key: this is a gown built around the robes worn in a cloister, complete with the rope belt. (I'm not defending the look, which sadly doesn't come off, and which--in comparison to both Rosie's look and--more appropriately given this comparison,Taylor Hill's--do the job much better.) I love that the look allows Lily to show her legs, and the top half isn't so bad, but the fabric choice, all its excess in the train, no. 

Totally feel your mixed sentiments.

I am on the fence, she definitely was off theme but overall, I felt she stood out very unexpectedly.

After reading the article below, so much thought went into the dress but what came out was nothing but a trench dress.

The bulgari necklaces did saved the look but what a wasted opportunity to deliver.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/met-gala-2018-lily-aldridges-met-ralph-lauren-gown-has-message-peace-1109578

Lily Aldridge’s Met Gala Gown Has A Secret Message Of Peace

“It’s very Ralph, very Lily, very Met,” says Salzman, who came up with the idea to make the dress yellow to represent one of the colors of the Vatican (it shows up in a vertical band in the flag of the Holy See). The bronze-colored rope belt tied around Aldridge's waist is a riff on the traditional cincture worn with liturgical vestments.

But Salzman’s real ode to the theme shows up in an embroidered message hidden under Aldridge’s collar, which uses symbols representing different religions and ideologies to spell out the word “Coexist.” (The stylist's first inclination was to have the word embroidered on the Aldrige’s waistband, but nobody else liked the idea of prominent religious symbols on the dress, she says.)

“Maybe nobody will see it, or maybe everyone will see it if she flashes it,” says Salzman. What's most important is the meaning behind it. "Lily is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is filled with love, she is filled with life, and she is all about keeping it real. And I just thought this was so cool," she says. "It's all about peace."

http://start.att.net/news/read/category/entertainment/article/the_hollywood_report-lily_aldridges_met_gala_gown_has_a_secret_message-promart

5 hours ago, m86fc said:

Guys I'm disappointed with her outfit too. This is the worst she has ever had at met.

This is what she was wearing at afterparty

rosie-huntington-whiteley-ashley-graham-

Does she put on weight?

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/4079449/rosie-huntington-whiteley-ashley-graham-buddy-up-at-versace-met-gala-2018-after-party-04/

The weight gain has been going on for a while but the main issue here is the change of stylist, the new stylist has access to more prestigious options but I have seen a lot more misses than hits with our girl.

It's a tad worrying if this goes on, her street style and airport attire is even better than this after party option.

Sure, its versace but overall its real flat.

Underwhelming and this is her time to rock it.hard esp the angels attendees are low and this is her 7th met.

Perhaps next year if baby no 2 doesnt happen? 

The messages in/with the dress are nice, but it was still a miss for me and easily my least favorite outfit she's worn to the Met. I saw a close up of the fabric and it looked so cheap. Her hair and makeup look lovely.

I think she looks better with the weight gain. There was a couple years where she was too skinny, IMO.  She said in a recent article she's stopped caring about having abs and whatnot. 

Really curious to know why she changed stylists after working with her last ones for almost five years. 

For me is much more easier to accept her choice when I got to know her secret message.

The outfit hadn't been so bad if she would've attended any other party.

But I'm so happy with her hair and make up. Winged eyeliner really works for her. 

Not a fan of that afterparty outfit, but the more HQ shots of her look at the main event, the more I wish the gown had been better--especially below the waist. The makeup and hair are lovely, and that plunging neckline and BVLGARI piece are wonderful on her. I also love hearing about the intent of the gown, but it was a miss, even on my favorite model. As for her weight, I think she looks utterly perfect these days. ADD: That black and white shot among the Met pics is delightful. Her expression is as spot-on Lily as any in a while.