Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

On 28/03/2018 at 9:50 PM, BAGGOT said:

@m86fc: Not sure the terms of the formal affiliation with Levi's, though she's promoted their Vintage line for a while and was part of the launch of the store in Soho last fall. @Beehive2 or @ceceshores would probably know for sure. And @Beauty Junky, you are absolutely right. If anything, she just gets more beautiful. I've followed her since about 2010.

I wished I knew more about her schedule and works in the pipeline!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/lily-aldridge-i-was-not-seen-as-cool-enough-for-high-fashion-834921.html

“Of course, as I get older my body is changing, I’m a woman, but I love it. I love working out and I love being healthy but I don’t judge myself so much; I don’t care if I have a six-pack any more.

“I am inspired by all these amazing women who have fuller bodies and don’t care about cellulite. I have cellulite, too, and I have stretch marks.

&

For a long time, no one would book me for those jobs and I wanted it so bad.”

Aldridge said she credits British model and musician Karen Elson with changing how she was seen.

She said: “Karen really helped push me in that direction, talking about me to those influential people.”

Super proud of our girl, Lil.

Her career has evolved so much and this woman literally an angel inside and out!

Being typecast as commercial may have hindered her in the beginning but actually does Lily well in her career now IMO, BVLGARI Campaigns, CH campaigns and fragrance, Michael kors Jet set and fragrance, Jason wu Fragrance and Stuart Weitman ad and Ferragamo

Is that a Record for most number of fragrance campaigns in the shortest period of time?  I believe Lil will eventually score a fragrance deal with BVLGARI and hopefully a beauty contract soon!

As for the runway.

Almost all Lily fans will see a different side of her runway work, to others, simply her walk is not on par and Lily's fans are not dillusional- we know she will not have a walk like candice.

However we see her anticipation and excitement as she walks, you can almost feel her emotions unlike some non-instagram models, who will walk the entire season and still no one will know their names.

Thank you @Beehive2 It's really honest interview. She should be more like that. I always thought that she is unique so I'm surprised that anybody would consider her "too commercial".  "She is polarising some people love them, other hate because she is ugly according to them;/ To be honest her teeth, ears, square face its not what people like the most. 

I add some interesting part of it:

Victoria’s Secret model Lily Aldridge has said she initially struggled to work in high fashion because casting directors did not think she was “cool”.

The American catwalk star, 32, said she was considered “too commercial” to book the jobs she wanted when she was first starting out in the industry.

She told digital magazine PorterEdit: “My career has been such an evolution, it felt like such slow progress.

“In the beginning, I was sad that people in fashion didn’t think I was ‘cool’ and that was tough.“We all have so many different sides to us, different dimensions, so I was typecast as ‘commercial’ and therefore not fashion or edgy.

“For a long time, no one would book me for those jobs and I wanted it so bad.”

Aldridge said she credits British model and musician Karen Elson with changing how she was seen.

She said: “Karen really helped push me in that direction, talking about me to those influential people.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/lily-aldridge-i-was-not-seen-as-cool-enough-for-high-fashion-834921.html

This is what I found on http://www.streeters.com as a part of the last editorial in Elle, so I'm not sure is it outtake or official.

gs_5aba4b69-b124-40cd-aa35-5557ac110005.

That's a nice profile of our Lily. She is so honest and very realistic about where she stood and stands in the fashion scene. Given what she's done in her career, she's really channeled those earlier slights into a fascinating blend of commercial and high fashion. Being a fan of hers is so easy--that mix of smarts and ambition to complement her beauty. :wub: 

3 hours ago, m86fc said:

Much more versatility plus variety.

Her edits are definitely even better!

Thanks!

23 hours ago, m86fc said:

Thank you @Beehive2 It's really honest interview. She should be more like that. I always thought that she is unique so I'm surprised that anybody would consider her "too commercial".  "She is polarising some people love them, other hate because she is ugly according to them;/ To be honest her teeth, ears, square face its not what people like the most. 

Others can hate whatever they want but They must understand You can't change anything or any parts.

You have to appreciate them as a whole and you will see their uniqueness, It's different and therefore it's special.

Not to be superficial to look at just features that others find fault like teeth, ears and facial shape. FYI, her teeth gap was featured times even in VS commericals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eun7cwBGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs4d-oomKZU

They didnt mention the beauty of her eyes, cheekbones, hair and her nose- 100% natural btw.

To me, she is uniquely herself and at the point in her career, she balances commercial and high fashion and the fact that she is not the thinnest nor tall enough by the fashion's industry standards, she have succeeded in being herself and being relevant without compromising.

7 hours ago, Beehive2 said:

Others can hate whatever they want but They must understand You can't change anything or any parts.

You have to appreciate them as a whole and you will see their uniqueness, It's different and therefore it's special.

Not to be superficial to look at just features that others find fault like teeth, ears and facial shape. FYI, her teeth gap was featured times even in VS commericals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eun7cwBGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs4d-oomKZU

They didnt mention the beauty of her eyes, cheekbones, hair and her nose- 100% natural btw.

To me, she is uniquely herself and at the point in her career, she balances commercial and high fashion and the fact that she is not the thinnest nor tall enough by the fashion's industry standards, she have succeeded in being herself and being relevant without compromising.

I totally agree with you but I only wanted to say that if people are saying that she is ugly it means that she is denitely worth being supermodel and she is no commercial.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/porter/article-51e3af3c73d568c3/cover-stories/cover-stories/lily-aldridge

It’s Behati Prinsloo and Candice Swanepoel, though, that she talks to every day, swapping pictures of their children and giving each other advice about schools. “We all had kids at the same time and we have this bond – it’s a really nice community of model moms. I am so proud to be a mom; it’s the greatest achievement in my life without a doubt.” Aldridge is keen for another child.

Love to have this trio back, It's been too long and lil wil prob be making plans for another child after her 10th vs show this year.

Part of my anticipation for this year's show is to see this trio back at it again, could be the very last time though.

^+1. All of this. Look, even the "most beautiful" model doesn't appeal equally to all. For whatever reason--and I could list a lot of them--Lily has been one of my top two or three favorites for years. Her connection to Behati and Candice is real, unlike so many of the superficial things one sees ginned up for campaigns. They clearly have fun with each other too. But their total packages--career, family, style, etc.--makes them especially appealing to me. Would love to see them together again for (at least) one more show. 

On 3/31/2018 at 6:19 AM, Beehive2 said:

https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/porter/article-51e3af3c73d568c3/cover-stories/cover-stories/lily-aldridge

It’s Behati Prinsloo and Candice Swanepoel, though, that she talks to every day, swapping pictures of their children and giving each other advice about schools. “We all had kids at the same time and we have this bond – it’s a really nice community of model moms. I am so proud to be a mom; it’s the greatest achievement in my life without a doubt.” Aldridge is keen for another child.

Love to have this trio back, It's been too long and lil wil prob be making plans for another child after her 10th vs show this year.

Part of my anticipation for this year's show is to see this trio back at it again, could be the very last time though.

Same here. I've missed seeing Lily/Candice/Behati all together, you can tell they're actual friends outside of VS. And I wouldn't be surprised if Lily and Caleb had another child after the show this year too. I'm actually surprised they've waited this long but they both have successful and busy careers. 

Thanks for all the updates, I love the variety of work seen in the past few shoots of hers. The article/interview from The Edit was so refreshing to read and just reinforces my admiration for her. She's a great role model and I love her positivity. 

19 hours ago, m86fc said:

Some new candids from Daily mail.

4AD1E3B500000578-0-image-a-8_152285394554AD1E4FA00000578-0-image-m-12_15228539764AD1E51200000578-0-image-a-13_15228539834AD1F6D700000578-0-image-a-14_15228540584AD1F75B00000578-0-image-a-15_1522854066

Thanks m86fc.

Can Isabel Marant finally let Lily walk or do smth?

She has worn this label on too many occasions from boots to dresses to even their earrings, you name, she has it in her closet.

Literally all Lily fans will know this is her favourite label of all time.