Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

I really like Lily, like a lot a lot a lot. I like her VS work mostly (swimsuits are my favorite cause they're bright and happy pictures). I love her personality, her face, her hair, her off duty style, some of her red carpet style, her lifestyle...yeah I'm a fan...but....wtf was her stylist thinking?

I think this whole outfit/hair/makeup is a terrible look. The inspiration for real had to come from a bandaid, I can't see anything else now LOL

(Translated by me, probably not the best, but I hope you understand something)

She is a true ambassador of natural makeup, who treasures a closet as enviable as her style, or that her work agenda includes the best parades, the most ambitious photo shoots and the most VIP Red Carpet. Anyone who follows Lily Aldridge on Instagram may know all this about her. And you can guess something else, which I now feel with authority to confirm: that Lily is a lovely woman, as much as she appears in every image she shares in the 3.0 universe.

In red, with her hair tucked up and her skin luminous, perfect and tanned, Lily Aldridge receives me in Madrid, where she will spend only a few hours to present the latest fragrance of Carolina Herrera. CH L'Eau is a fresh new version of the iconic CH perfume that Lily has created since 2015, when she starred in that unforgettable campaign in which she appeared, as today, dressed in vermilion. "I love the color red, especially this special tone of Carolina Herrera," says Aldridge, reinforcing my feeling that her bond with this firm exceeds the terms established in the contract. In fact, one of her favorite aromas belongs to the New York house of Venezuelan roots, and the reasons are absolutely personal (and adorable).

"Every time I smell Burning Rose, I think," Dixie! "; It's like I smelled my daughter. I have that perfume at home and she always takes it away from me ... I can be anywhere in the world, but when I smell it, it seems to me that she is here, "she tells me, just before recognizing that having a daughter has accelerated all your life, inclusive beauty care. "Since I was a mother, my beauty ritual is much faster. Everything is faster. That's why the perfume is great because in a few seconds it makes you feel good, be ready for the day, even if you do not have time for the rest of the routine". This routine, one of the most recognized models in the world, includes her favorite cosmetics, her essential care and some secret products... which she has revealed to us.

GLAMOR: How's your daily beauty ritual?
LILY ALDRIDGE: I get up, I wash my face, I apply a moisturizer and a sunscreen, a few drops of perfume ... And I'm ready for the day. If I'm going to leave, I do, but normally, when I'm at home, I keep my skin fresh and natural because, since I have to use a lot of makeup at work, I like to leave my skin clean. Natural skin is becoming more popular, and I love that.

GLAMOR: The 'no make up' effect is a trend that has more and more faithful, like luminous skin instead of matte ...
LILY ALDRIDGE: I also love glossy skin. I love Pat McGrath's illuminator stick that on one side is illuminating and on the other, balm. I like to apply the balm that does not have makeup and illuminates the skin naturally, leaves it very beautiful.

GLAMOR: I imagine that when you travel as much as a model, these multifunction products are necessary. What are your other essentials of beauty when traveling?
LILY ALDRIDGE: I always carry in the bag those patches 'under eyes' that remove the swelling of the eyes. When I sit on the plane, I put them on and people look at me like I'm crazy ... Although they always ask me about them! That's why I always carry a few more patches in my bag to give them away. I also wear perfume, because when leaving the plane you can put a few touches and make you feel cooler.

GLAMOR: Your hair color is one of the most desired, how do you protect it in summer?
LILY ALDIDGE: I use shampoo and conditioner with Oribe sunscreen. I like the effect of the rays of sun on the hair, when you lighten the color a little and come out wicks.

GLAMOR: Those wicks are one of your most characteristic signs, but, do you like to change your look?
LILY ALDIDGE: Yes, I really like to change my hair color. I love the colorist Tracey Cunningham, her work is amazing. I have always trusted her. But now I do not find the opportunity to change my look, nobody would leave me! (by contract). For certain events, I change the color but temporarily, not really.

GLAMOR: What has been your latest discovery of beauty for the hair?
LILY ALDRIDGE: Sometimes I feel like I do not have my hair clean enough, so discovering the detoxifying shampoo with Christophe Robin's sea salt has enchanted me. Exfoliates the scalp and cleans the hair really well. I have recommended it to my sister and I recommend it to everyone, because it is amazing. It makes me feel great.

GLAMOR: What is your essential beauty trick before the first day of the beach?
LILY ALDRIDGE: I like to exfoliate my body because after winter the skin stays off. So it is very good to make an exfoliation that leaves the skin shiny and much prettier, ready for the bikini.

GLAMOR: What kind of bikini or swimsuit do you like the most this season?
LILY ALDRIDGE: I love all the bikinis and swimsuits, I love to be on the beach ... Now my favorites are the 'one piece' but I'm sure that the next summer will be the bandeau, the triangles ... I love to change. 

GLAMOR: What are your plans for this summer?
LILY ALDRIDGE: I'm going on a tour with my husband and daughter. My husband (Caleb Followill, leader of the Kings of Leon group) is going to be touring Europe. So let's all go: England, Italy, Copenhagen ... They will also come to Spain, their last concert is here (at the MadCool festival), but I won't to be there because I have to go back with my daughter ... What a pity!

Lily also tells me that Spain is one of her favorite places to travel ("I love the people, the food, the atmosphere, I feel safe here ..."), that Tokyo is the city that has to be visited. And that every time she hears an Empire Of The Sun song, it feels like she's on vacation. Because music has the power to move to another time and place of our memories, exactly the same as a perfume: to make you relive what you have already lived, to make you feel alive.