Bellazon

Anna Maria Jagodzinska
Thumbnail

Christopher

Why is this commercial banned? :cain:

US want to be known as a country of freedom etc., and a bit of body make them ban this? :cain:

That soooo reminds me of this Janet Jackson-Justin Timberlake thing at SuperBowl a few years ago....

^

Yes, but censorship is often the best publicity for a brand. People get interested when something is banned and want to see prohibited material. The whole buzz about the commercial is IMO a cynical tactic of the Calvin Klein company. But, overall, I really like the campaign - very sexual but aesthetically pleasant to watch and of course with gorgeous Anna :heart:

Good point Olga :laugh: .

But, Layla hey, wait a minute :persuazn: ! Don't go dissnin' Americas :persuazn: ! How we choose to protect the kiddies eyes has nothing to do with "freedom of speech" :persuazn: !!!

Another reason commercials like this get banned in America is because we show a different set of commercials for the day than evening and night. A commercial of equal sexuality that is advertising a product that is specifically targeted to mature or adult audiences is generally NOT banned, whereas a commercial of high sexuality advertising something for the general audience (jeans, bubble gum, soda...) is banned a lot of the time because showing said commercial in the evening and night serves no purpose for the most part. So its not as much about content itself.

Example

Anna on a pole in bra and panties advertising Sprite = banned in America

Anna on a pole in bra and panties advertising romance book = not banned in America

:morning:

Good point Olga :laugh: .

But, Layla hey, wait a minute :persuazn: ! Don't go dissnin' Americas :persuazn: ! How we choose to protect the kiddies eyes has nothing to do with "freedom of speech" :persuazn: !!!

Another reason commercials like this get banned in America is because we show a different set of commercials for the day than evening and night. A commercial of equal sexuality that is advertising a product that is specifically targeted to mature or adult audiences is generally NOT banned, whereas a commercial of high sexuality advertising something for the general audience (jeans, bubble gum, soda...) is banned a lot of the time because showing said commercial in the evening and night serves no purpose for the most part. So its not as much about content itself.

Example

Anna on a pole in bra and panties advertising Sprite = banned in America

Anna on a pole in bra and panties advertising romance book = not banned in America

:morning:

Ok, ok :p

yeah, I agree with Olga. That must be a Calvin thing though (remember that Eva Mendes' CK ad commercial was banned too??)

I have nothing against Americans, especially the ones like you :shifty: "freedom of speech" wasn't the best term to use I know... anyway, I remember this JJ and JT thing. It was strange for me how this little thing caused more "harm" and attention than most of oversexualised music videos.

And :rofl: at the example :mellow: