Bellazon

Christy Turlington
Thumbnail

seshiru

Christy Turlington to Run New York City Marathon

Natalia Vodianova and Agyness Deyn are about to get some competition in the marathon running department. Christy Turlington will be lacing up her sneakers to compete in the New York City Marathon Nov. 6. She and nine other friends and supporters will be covering the 26.2-mile course to raise awareness for Every Mother Counts, the organization she founded that aims to improve maternal and child health. Maybelline New York, Roberto Coin (two labels plugged by the supermodel) and Lifeway Foods have signed on as sponsors.

Turlington said she has run off and on throughout her life but, until recently, six miles was the max. With her husband, Ed Burns, busy during the week starring in the upcoming flick “I, Alex Cross,” Turlington said she can now leave him to tend to their two children “guilt-free” when she ventures out for a 21-mile run during the weekend.

Having already raised $70,000 for her cause, she mentioned one or two other upsides to marathon training. “One thing you have to do is carb-loading. That is something I had always heard about but never really knew what it involved,” she said. “It’s kind of nice to say you have to eat carbs. That’s my job right now.”

That isn’t the only one she is working on. Her own film, “No Woman, No Cry,” will be available on DVD Dec. 6 through OWN and Virgil Entertainment. And after years of appearing in Calvin Klein Eternity commercials, she seems to be switching camps. Turlington just shot an ad campaign for Donna Karan’s new fragrance, “Woman.”

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sc...istance-5305963