Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

More from Self magazine's website:

http://www.self.com/magazine/articles/2006/09/25/0926klum

On getting creative with 3-year-old daughter Leni...

We paint with pencils and brushes. She can't really paint anything yet. She says what everything is, but it's all just circles. I wonder if she really sees something.

...And why it's important to have family dinners

That is how I grew up. Not watching TV, but sitting around and talking. One-year-old Henry eats everything that we eat. He has a little blender, you put it in there with everything in it, with pepper and salt. It's not like it has to be just boring carrots with no flavor. It's a normal thing to sit around the table. For me, it is more abnormal if people don't do that.

On nutritious snacking...

David [Heidi's trainer] would always say, you know if you're hungry, just boil four or five eggs and keep eating the whites. So you can eat tons of egg whites. It fills you up. It is good for you. It's protein but you don't have all the fat that the yellow has.

...and her favorite indulgence

My favorite thing is fries. Sometimes you have to have what you want.

On making Project Runway...

During the first season we would really stick our heads together to figure out the next step. You know, it's not like we bought the show from somewhere else and just copied it. You have to kind of make it as you go along.

...and what makes for a winning designer

They have to be themselves. We have caught a few of them doing things that already existed or they had a style like somebody else. They would use other people's ideas. And then there were others that really came up with things that you hadn't seen before. And that, for us, made new designers-people who really are new and innovative.

On simple ways to dress up an outfit...

I would do jeans with a blazer. You just put on great heels, jeans, you can have a T-shirt underneath and a beautiful blazer that is a little bit tailored, not baggy. I think everyone should have that-a great blazer that goes with everything.

...and the best ways to accessorize

I think it is never good to do too many things. Earrings and necklace and bracelet and ring. You know, I never like overkill. It is the same with the makeup-not to do too many things. You see some Hollywood people on the red carpet and they do the earrings and they do the big necklaces. Me, personally...I don't like that so much.

On her own beauty blunders...

It was in Mexico, where we were for Christmas. My mom and I got kind of bored, and we did our own highlights. And the color just was completely wrong. It turned orange, and we had the rest of our holiday with orange highlights. It was awful! It was not pretty.

...and her favorite makeup tricks...

They have certain products you can use in many different places: on your eyelids and maybe as a rouge and as a lipstick. Which is nice, because then it all stays in the same color family. Sometimes if you do purple, peach, orange, pink...it kind of looks too Christmas-y.

...and the tool every woman should own

Definitely get an eyelash curler. I think the eyes are the most important thing. That is something that people look at when you talk with them. But otherwise, I don't put on too much makeup. For a photo shoot, they pile on a lot of things, but when you see people in person, it is nice if you see their face.

thank you sanja and c

i love this woman

i wanted to ask: was heidi high fashion model or no?

Mostly no. She did an occasional couture runway event, but not very often. Mostly she did catalogue stuff and Victoria's Secret.

thank you, but she is supermodel. do you know who is supermodel and high fashion model?