Bellazon

Kirsty Hume
Thumbnail

amber69

One cover that I didn't see in that was the September 1995 Mademoiselle, which is one of my favorites, of any model. Possibly you skipped it since it was posted by amber69 (two years ago!), but
post-964-1132274225_thumb.jpg

There was a really nice editorial featuring Kirsty posted over on BWGreyscale:

http://bwgreyscale.com/discussion_boards/v...60fe349ede60409

Kirsty also seen on style.com:

http://www.style.com/peopleparties/search/...son213?iphoto=0

that cover is gorgeous.. so soft :wub: kirsty was def. the best thing to come outta scotland

typin too fast.. thinkin too fast, talkin too fast

always leaves room for fuck-ups

lolol

yeah and don't do it again! :beating: :laugh:

heres some kirsty..its not fab hq like the emperors

but itll do

no time for false mdoesty, there much better than "itll do" !!! :drool:

thx for all the gorgeous pix hun! :kiss: :kiss:

the other blonde in the pic with her is one of my ultimate faves

christina kruse

<why she has no thread here, ill never know>

yeah I've got a huge section on her just a-waitin to be posted! :yes:

she's the one with that wicked snake tattoo, right? ;)

• 1 month later...

From the book: "Fashion Images De Mode Vol.3"

Louis Vuitton, 1997

Photographer: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin"

Scan by me

post-4550-0-1446123562-88314_thumb.jpg

From the book: "Fashion Images De Mode Vol.2"

Originally in W magazine

Photographer: Mario Testino

Scan by me

post-4550-0-1446123562-91172_thumb.jpg

post-3324-0-1446123563-94318_thumb.jpg

WOW!

This is one of my very favorite pieces of commercial-fashion photography. I LOVE the make-up and concept in that; I think it's just so clever. There is one with Stephanie also, I think, but this one with Kirsty is a favorite. And I have never seen the entire picture! What a treat! I have only seen the left half, framed around her face. I just never knew the frame extended right, with all her hair. What a fabulous treat to see that. It's one of my favorites. Thank you.

Phil, what do you think of the Fashion Images De Mode books? I was thinking about buying one or two fashion photography books. SIRENS (Glaviano) was actually one I was thinking of. It was mentioned positively here (Bellazon), in Ashley Richardson's thread I think.

post-4550-0-1446123564-94188_thumb.jpg

WOW!

This is one of my very favorite pieces of commercial-fashion photography. I LOVE the make-up and concept in that; I think it's just so clever. There is one with Stephanie also, I think, but this one with Kirsty is a favorite. And I have never seen the entire picture! What a treat! I have only seen the left half, framed around her face. I just never knew the frame extended right, with all her hair. What a fabulous treat to see that. It's one of my favorites. Thank you.

Phil, what do you think of the Fashion Images De Mode books? I was thinking about buying one or two fashion photography books. SIRENS (Glaviano) was actually one I was thinking of. It was mentioned positively here (Bellazon), in Ashley Richardson's thread I think.

Thanks for the enthusiastic response (over on Christy as well). They only published 6 in that series I think - so these days they are more a reference than anything contemporary. You get the good with the stuff that hasn't stood the test of time. If you want great images, together with an overview, "Appearances" by Martin Harrison is a good start.

Thanks for the recommendation. Shots of Style is actually at my local library, so I'll check that out. :)

The prices of these books is an interesting thing in itself. All of the books, or at least the ones I have been looking at, are out of publication. As used books, their prices are all over the place, without much relation for my tastes to what I perceive as quality or desirability of content (though that probably says more about my tastes and utter lack of sophistication than anything else, but anyway). Sirens, for example, can be had for about $5. Fashion Fetish Fantasy, $200.

I think Kirsty is a good model (one of my favorites), and a beautiful woman. But I have never been that partial to that first picture. They didn't do much with her hair, or make-up, or wardrobe. I appreciate simple, and all, but that shot just has never done much for me. But you have convinced me.

Looking at it now, I love the textures in that. In her skin, around her face, in her hair. That's a really pretty shot. I think I have just seen lousy scans of it. :)

By the way, did anyone notice that the title to this thread was fixed?! Thanks to persuazn! :)

Louis Vuitton, 1997

Photographer: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin"

Scan by me

post-16964-0-1446123570-19641_thumb.jpg

From the book: "Fashion Images De Mode Vol.2"

Originally in W magazine

Photographer: Mario Testino

Scan by me

post-16964-0-1446123570-21547_thumb.jpg

dude, i so wanna kill you over that LV pic!!! lol.. i just found it at about 1200x800

and was SOOOOO excited to post it :trout: to you!! lololol

just kiddin..... kinda :ninja: