Bellazon

Boxing

Well, Gatti took care of business. As long as Mayweather's legal matters pan out, Gatti vs. Mayweather take place in the middle of the year. Buddy McGirt has done well with Gatti, turning him into more of a boxer. However, the old Gatti needs to come back if he fights Mayweather. He can't outbox Mayweather. ;)

This weekend on Showtime, Cory Spinks vs. Zab Judah II. Actually it should be Judah vs. Spinks. After all, Spinks is the 147 pound champion. I'll definately be rooting for Spinks. I can't stand Judah. However, if Judah gets by Spinks, he wants a rematch with Kostya Tszyu. Why would Tszyu even bother?! If Tszyu gets by Hatton, he would fight Oscar at 147, get a good payday and probably retire. Besides, Tszyu K0'd Judah in the 2nd round of their first fight, and I think that Jay Nady made a good stoppage.

i new zab was gonna win that fight.  now zab will want de la hoya just like everyone else does after they win a big fight..

:wacko: :laugh: Ain't gonna happen. Kostya Tszyu will most likely fight De La Hoya in the fall. All Tszyu has to do is beat Ricky Hatton on June 4th. I have seen Hatton fight, and he's been looking good so far. :) Then again, I've seen what a right hand from Tszyu can do to a good fighter!!! :shock:

i have never seen hatton fight. so i cant wait to see it.

hey k dub- if you really like boxing there is a boxing forum called eastside boxing or something like that i just starting going in there it is huge always tons of people in there. but they are for the most part de la hoya haters which pisses me off. but some of the forums in there are very interesting... you should try it out..

Good looking out, sha. I'll definately try it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Moving on, even though Diego Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo is not going down on March 5th, have no fear. It might still happen. :D Whoever wins the Jose Luis Castillo-Julio Diaz fight will face Corrales on May 7th. Both fighters have faced Joel Casamayor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. Castillo lost to Mayweather twice, even though many thought that Castillo won the first fight. Mayweather clobbered Corrales when they fought. Castillo beat Casamayor in his last fight. Corrales in 1-1 vs. Casamayor, with Corrales winning the 2nd fight.

Actually, I have no idea if any of the boxers mentioned above could heat hopkins.

Hopkins beat Tito silly when they fought, and sent him into retirement. Tito came back and KO'd Mayorga, but Mayorga is not a true middleweight. There might be a rematch down the line, but now that "Winky" Wright is standing in Tito's way, it's not looking good.

"Winky", on the other hand, just might have what it takes. He is one of the purest boxer I ever seen since Pernell Whitaker. :yes: He has good reflexes, has good ring generalship, and is not afraid to take chances, which a boxer will need to do to have a shot of beating Hopkins.

Jermain Taylor is probably the heir apparent to the Middleweight division. Since he is fighting on the undercard of Hopkins-Eastman fight, something tells me that Taylor and Hopkins will face each other sometime in the near future. :magic: Taylor might as well go at him now. Taylor has good boxing skills, has good speed with his hands and footwork, and Hopkins will show his age eventually, right?! :confused:

In closing I don't how Hopkins is still this good. His boxing skills have not diminished at all, what his lacks in speed he makes up for with good reflexes and great timing, and that something that every boxer will have to take into account when they step into the ring with Hopkins. Taylor best take that into account should he face Hopkins in the near future. I'm sure Hopkins is not taking Eastman lightly, but something tells me that in the back of his mind, he is mouth must be :drool:, thinking about how much money he can make with either a rematch with Trinidad, or facing "Winky" Wright or Jermain Taylor!!! CH-CHING!!! :shifty: $$

you are getting me excited i cant wait for hop to pounce on eastman

That should be good enough tO hold us over till Morales vs. Pacquiao. That is when the REAL FIREWORKS BEGIN!!! :woot: That will be one of the candidates for FIGHT OF THE YEAR, MARK MY WORDS!!!

I can't wait till Saturday. Hopkins said maybe a fight with Glen Johnson or Felix Trinidad will happen in the near future, given that he beats Howard Eastman in the near future. Glen Johnson would probably be his best bet. Felix did beat Ricardo Mayorga in impressive fashion, but he's facing Ricard "Winky" Wright next, and "Winky" is one of the purest boxers I've seen since Pernell Whitaker. He got good ring generalship, can make opposing boxers look real bad, and he's hard to hit. In his last 2 fights, he embarassed "Sugar" Shane Mosley, and that's putting it lightly. :confused: I mean, I was in total disbelief. I heard a lot of fighters didn't want to fight "Winky" Wright, and NOW I KNOW WHY!!! :yes:

Hopkins won again, defended his Middleweight crown for the20th time. He might be fighting Jermain Taylor, since Trinidad is gonna fight "Winky" Wright in June, so a Hopkins vs. Trinidad II or a Hopkins vs. Wright probably wouldn't happen at least till September. He could fight Antonio Tarver or Glen Johnson next. However, either of those fights probably wouldn't go down anytime soon, since Tarver-Johnson II would have go down first.

Yeah, you are probably right sha. However, he might as well go for it right now. Hopkins wants fights that will interest the boxing fans and I doubt he wants to wait around for the winner of the Trinidad-Wright fight. I'm also looking forward to see Cotto fight "Chop Chop" Corley. Corley has fought both Mayweather and Judah, and went the distance both times. If Cotto wins this, he will probably get the winner of the Mayweather-Gatti fight. However, I don't think he would beat either Gatti or Mayweather. Gatti has a lot of boxing skills, and he doesn't have to brawl to beat Cotto. Nobody can outbox Mayweather, and he's hard to hit. I have no idea why Cotto picked Brussels to beat Mayweather. :wacko: Must have been only because they are friends.