Bellazon

Bands/artists you've been into lately

Qball

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What are Noah & The Whale like?

It's folk music but with orchestral sounds, gentle indie-rock and pop mixed in. Folk with a bit more scope to it, I guess you could say. Well worth checking out!

Is it just me or does La Roux's Elly Jackson look rather man-ish? :idk:

Separated at birth...

0lezo6x1bptgo3hafyp77al.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

a place to bury strangers!!! NICE!!!

hahaha! la roux!!! she was at dim mak tuesday some time ago!

michael!!! noah and the whale's new album.... is it out in the uk already??? ... and yes ed... well worth checking out!!! its kinda like.... listening to noah and the whale is like watching wes andeson's films!!!

anyway...

i've been into Broken Social Scene lately! its on continuous play in my car for 2 weeks now! hahaha!

michael!!! noah and the whale's new album.... is it out in the uk already??? ... and yes ed... well worth checking out!!! its kinda like.... listening to noah and the whale is like watching wes andeson's films!!!

Yeah, it came out in September and I got it a couple of weeks back! It's mostly break-up songs so it's nowhere near as upbeat as the first album, but it's more uplifting than it is sad. I hear they wrote it to accompany a film, so it's definitely got a cinematic feel. That's what I always thought about the Vampire Weekend album too, you can almost picture the scenes when you listen to it :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Does the stringed instrument playing in The xx's "VCR" remind anyone of Glasvegas' "Geraldine"? While I'm at it, people might as well compare Stereophonic's "Getaway" and Coldplay's "Life In Technicolour"

If your display name is mattlovemodels, feel free to ignore this post :laugh: