Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

'I was 24 and going through menopause': Supermodel Karolina Kurkova reveals how thyroid problem caused 30lb weight gain and panic attacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...ic-attacks.html

Wow, I didn't know that her thyroid condition was that serious. I wonder what was the procedure she underwent? I've seen comments from some people saying that she hasn't aged well, but I believe this was the reason. Makes me better appreciate the dedication she put into getting back in shape, and doing high fashion again. Must have been a hard and emotional process for her.

Very brave of her to finally speak out about that condition she had, I remember how the media speculated that she and her agency "made up" that whole story about thyroid condition to justify her gaining weight suddenly.

Very interesting read.

Is There Life After Modeling? Karolina Kurkova, Angela Lindvall, and Coco Rocha plot the future of their relevance.

post-44317-0-1446059196-55454_thumb.jpg

nymag.com

http://nymag.com/fashion/12/spring/top-models-2012-2/

When Jay-Z was seeking a big name to co-host an after-party for his Carnegie Hall benefit concerts last week, he called Karolina Kurkova. Her brand equity is model as entertainer, the person to turn to when you want to spike enthusiasm at some fancy event.
And she’s been trying very hard to reignite her international presence. In the past year, she’s been on the cover of five Vogue magazines around the world. Her Vogue Brazil was the highest-selling cover in the magazine’s history, better even than the one with Gisele.
She was offered two other high-profile American fashion TV-hosting gigs. But “[Das Perfekte Model] was the show she thought she was ready for,” says [ivan] Bart.

Very interesting read.

Is There Life After Modeling? Karolina Kurkova, Angela Lindvall, and Coco Rocha plot the future of their relevance.

post-57224-0-1446059197-92483_thumb.jpg

nymag.com

When Jay-Z was seeking a big name to co-host an after-party for his Carnegie Hall benefit concerts last week, he called Karolina Kurkova. Her brand equity is model as entertainer, the person to turn to when you want to spike enthusiasm at some fancy event.
And she’s been trying very hard to reignite her international presence. In the past year, she’s been on the cover of five Vogue magazines around the world. Her Vogue Brazil was the highest-selling cover in the magazine’s history, better even than the one with Gisele.
She was offered two other high-profile American fashion TV-hosting gigs. But “[Das Perfekte Model] was the show she thought she was ready for,” says [ivan] Bart.

:wub:

Very interesting read.

post-19430-0-1446059198-60484_thumb.jpg

nymag.com

Thanks for the info :wave:

I didi not know that her Vogue Brazil cover was the highest-selling cover :yes:

here's the article about her VOGUE cover

A Vogue brasileira mais vendida de todos os tempos

Por REDAÇÃO - 10/02/2012

Compartilhar31

Imprimir Enviar por Email Comentários

(4)

Vogue tem (mais um) ótimo motivo para comemorar. O relatório do IVC (instituto que verifica a circulação das revistas) traz a ótima notícia de que batemos pela segunda vez em seis meses nosso recorde de vendas. A edição de novembro de 2011, dedicada ao Rio de Janeiro e protagonizada pela top tcheca Karolina Kurkova (que posou para as lentes de J.R. Duran num divertido ensaio ensinando como se tornar uma carioca), atingiu a marca de 70.991 exemplares vendidos (e auditados!): 56.179 comprados em bancas e no varejo, e 14.812 para assinantes.

Antes, em julho, já havíamos batido recorde com a edição estrelada por Gisele Bündchen, no Amazonas, com quatro capas diferentes, que vendeu 70.743 exemplares.

Os dois recordes quase consecutivos refletem o crescimento consistente e impressionante de Vogue ao longo do último ano, com aumento de 21% na circulação de exemplares.

Não é à toa que o baile de gala da revista, que acontece nesta sexta (10.02) no hotel Unique, em SP, já nasce como o mais animado – e esperado – dos últimos tempos. Tá todo mundo querendo comemorar!

Fotos: Marcelo Salvador