Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

I CAN'T REMEMBER IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED BEFORE

IF IT HAS BEEN PLESE TELL ME AND I WILL ERASE IT

THANKS

Model of the Week: Karolina Kurkova

Wed, 03/07/2007 - 12:21pm by bellasugar

Welcome to the fifth installment of Model of the Week. I've written a five question interview that I have conducted with several models to share with you. The questions are both fun and beauty related and will always stay the same. To see the rest of the Model of the Week posts click here.

Here's a little history about Karolina Kurkova. She was born on February 28, 1984 in DecĂ­n, Czech Republic. She was discovered when an admiring friend sent some pictures of her to a modeling agency in Prague. She immediately booked a runway show, a commercial, an ad campaign and then traveled to Milan to explore the international world of fashion.

It was in Milan where she met Miuccia Prada who signed her to a Prada contract at the tender age of 15. She then met Vogue editors in NY, where she now lives.

Karolina has signed deals with: Yves Saint Laurent, Victoria's Secret, Tommy, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta and Balenciaga.

She is one of the most renowned models in the world. In 2001, she graced the cover of Vogue and in 2002 she was granted the "Model of the Year" title at the 2002 VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards.

She is quite accustomed to fame though. Her Dad is Josef Kurka - a former star basketball player. There is a reason this beauty has become a shining star. She is sweet, down to earth, driven and extremely articulate. Best of luck to you Karolina!

BELLA: What is your secret to beautiful skin and hair?

KK: I have a steam shower in my apartment, so I steam my face everyday. For my hair, I swear by Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourishing Shampoo for Dry/Damaged Hair, $9.50, and Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourishing Conditioner for Dry/Damaged hair, $9.50. It smells so good and it gives my thin hair a lot of volume.

BELLA: What is the one product you can't live without?

KK: Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Makeup - Perfect Lipstick in Whisper, $12. It's a pinkish brown color - I love it.

BELLA: What is your guilty pleasure?

KK: Sweets. I really like chocolate and One Lucky Duck RAW Ice Cream in chocolate, strawberry or vanilla. It's dairy free, made from cashews and coconut meat - so it doesn't upset my stomach and it tastes delicious.

http://fabsugar.com/155217

BELLA: What is your favorite drugstore product?

KK: Zip lock bags. If I don't have them in my house, I go nuts. I like to be organized and those zip locks really keep me organized; especially when I travel. I keep my makeup, jewelry, lingerie...everything in them!

BELLA: Happiness is...

KK: Being healthy, being alive! I feel really lucky to have family and friends - so it makes me happy to spend my time with them.